People are overreacting

"
HappyRogue wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I play LOL which tencent owns and it's still great. You are overreacting.

That game was ruined when they had a sexual deviant aka lyte in charge of player punishments. I know no one is perfect but jesus fuck.

What does the sexual orientation of an employee have to do with his/her ability to act as a judge?
POE is finished. The farce known as Bestiary was their way of warning us they were taken over by the communists.
I fear all this "boycotting". One thing is certain: Tencent WILL be forced to change things up, if PoE can't stand on its own legs anymore. So boycotting supporter packs on a large scale will reduce income. A large reduction of income will force changes from the top.

Proud people with principles; one of the more dangerous things in this world.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 21, 2018, 8:29:41 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
I fear all this "boycotting". One thing is certain: Tencent WILL be forced to change things up, if PoE can't stand on its own legs anymore. So boycotting supporter packs on a large scale will reduce income. A large reduction of income will force changes from the top.

Proud people with principles; one of the more dangerous things in this world.

With Tencent its a bit different. They just collect revenue, everything else is up to GGG. Tencent does not meddle with anything outside china.
"
kuciol wrote:

With Tencent its a bit different. They just collect revenue, everything else is up to GGG. Tencent does not meddle with anything outside china.

So you don't think they'd be forced to do something, if a company they own would start to show negative number over time?

Don't get me wrong, I still have confidence in GGG and Chris. I firmly believe that there's some kind of contract on the table, ensuring that the development of PoE is in GGG's hands for several years to come. But when these doomsday "fans" start to cry, pulling their support and really makes a negative difference - just because they're afraid of the unknown, something they can't know, scares me :P
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

So you don't think they'd be forced to do something, if a company they own would start to show negative number over time?

Don't get me wrong, I still have confidence in GGG and Chris. I firmly believe that there's some kind of contract on the table, ensuring that the development of PoE is in GGG's hands for several years to come. But when these doomsday "fans" start to cry, pulling their support and really makes a negative difference - just because they're afraid of the unknown, something they can't know, scares me :P

I dont only "think so" im 100% certain. I did some research unlike some (i will censor myself here). Tencent buys companies and leaves them be as nothing happened. They dont care what happens outside of china. Everything that happens to PoE is on GGG's shoulders. Even shuting down PoE is GGG's decision to make.
"
HeManNZ wrote:
As a New Zealander I was super proud to play this game, now it’s owned offshore,its lost something special for me. What a shame, hope the game doesn’t get screwed over.

having been in nz very often, i don't really know who got more bought off, we europeans by american investors or you by the chinese.

not hating on them, i love the sushi you meanwhile get on every corner in nz's cities but the country lost alot of that old english flavour it originally had.

but even then, if one visits nz it's for enjoy the pure nature and you only go to cities to refill your stocks of beer with original nz brands (although i'm not sure if there are any left as well).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Not that the sky is falling, but that's big. As Charan mentioned, it's retirement money.
80% shareholding is just too big to have any illusions about who's gonna define the direction of the future development of PoE, in any aspect.

Saying that Tencent is only interested in China market and forces its ideas and decisions strictly on local ground, is plain wrong. Or at least not when you hold 80% of shares, and when the out-of-China market is way too big to simply get ignored. They've paid for it as well.

BTW there were signs that something's going on, pointed out by the way the acts 5-10 were implemented, and Chris's reaction in relation to the future of PoE.
It all looked somehow rushed up, and also like a goodbye message.
I mostly interpreted it like PoE 2 is on the go and GGG is on their way to cash grab out of PoE whatever they can, before the transition.
It appeared it's something else, but expectations of something big happening confirmed.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
if tencent just wanted to invest into ggg and have no say in their business, why don't they just buy supporter packs like any of us?

^ joke btw
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

I dont only "think so" im 100% certain. I did some research unlike some (i will censor myself here). Tencent buys companies and leaves them be as nothing happened. They dont care what happens outside of china. Everything that happens to PoE is on GGG's shoulders. Even shuting down PoE is GGG's decision to make.

Can you share the kool-aid with the rest of us please?
When righteousness falters
And chaos threatens to prevail
I take on a physical body
And manifest myself on earth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info