People are overreacting

"
torturo wrote:
Not that the sky is falling, but that's big. As Charan mentioned, it's retirement money.
80% shareholding is just too big to have any illusions about who's gonna define the direction of the future development of PoE, in any aspect.

Saying that Tencent is only interested in China market and forces its ideas and decisions strictly on local ground, is plain wrong. Or at least not when you hold 80% of shares, and when the out-of-China market is way too big to simply get ignored. They've paid for it as well.

Hard to accept that its not end of the world right? They already have bigger games than PoE and they did nothing with them, completely 0. Devs were left alone to do whatever they see fit. Why do think PoE will be exception?

"
Can you share the kool-aid with the rest of us please?

Use google.
Last edited by kuciol on May 21, 2018, 9:00:16 AM
We are over-reacting a bit.

Chris still owes 13.17% of the company.

Before this, Chris Owned 23.3% of the company and was still very invested in the game.
As long as Chris sticks around I will still support.

I am Worry about the long-term future of the game.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Can you share the kool-aid with the rest of us please?

Use google.

Proof that what you are saying is 100% bs.

Do you work for Tencent?
When righteousness falters
And chaos threatens to prevail
I take on a physical body
And manifest myself on earth.
"

Do you work for Tencent?

Dude i was reading for fkn 2 hours about them to see what is this whole bulshit about. Put some effort yourself. All the info is out there you just have to stop being lazy bandwagoner.
"
kuciol wrote:
"

Do you work for Tencent?

Dude i was reading for fkn 2 hours about them to see what is this whole bulshit about. Put some effort yourself. All the info is out there you just have to stop being lazy bandwagoner.

Your argument is meaningless unless you have facts and citations to back it up.
"
kuciol wrote:
"

Do you work for Tencent?

Besides being a jerk, you are assuming we don't know what we are talking about.

Try harder you Tencent employee.
When righteousness falters
And chaos threatens to prevail
I take on a physical body
And manifest myself on earth.
I agree with the tittle.
I have read too many posts about this today and it is funny actually.
For me and for a majority of people they dont care who gets the money. It is the same for me.
People care about to play a game and have fun with it. That is all. When this game give tme really too many hours of game play for free i will buy a support pack i like to say thanks for all those hours i play for free when a single player game costs 60$ have 30 hours gameplay anyway. If my money from the pack goes to Chris or any other company i really do not care cuz this company give me the content of the game to have fun with.
Yes it is a good filling to know a small company goes well but you need to know when a small company need to take the decision to find a way to bring a investor in their game or else the game will die anyway.
So it is better to have a better poe and hope for a poe 2 in the future than just have a post that say sorry we close the game cuz we ca not support it anymore.
So as far as i enjoy the game i support it when ever i can. If the game goes p2w i go to another game simple as that. No need to bring the doomsday for something that proves that was the right decision anyway.
You hate them that they got money and they sold out and they are rich now. Fine Open the door and go. Player base will be up the number as far as they give us fun and a reason to play a good game.
Some people are. Some people aren't. I don't react to things like this. It's behind the scenes until it's not. If the game starts to be effected by it, then I might react to it. I'll have to wait and see. Change isn't always bad, even though sometimes it is. Wait and see.

They wont be getting support out of me though until they have proven themselves.
shags in with one of his measured responses for once and totally agree, don't think it warrants an overreaction but certainly some caution.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:

Your argument is meaningless unless you have facts and citations to back it up.

Since you choose to be lazy bandwagoners lets me help you out a bit. Those are the bigger games they own:

Arena of Valor
CrossFire
Dungeon Fighter Online
League of Legends
Clash of Clans
Clash Royale
Smite
ArcheAge
Alliance of Valiant Arms
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Mobile)
Marvel Future Fight
Paragon
Leisure Suit Larry (Mobile)
Xuan Dou Zhi Wang
Fortnite
Fortnite: Battle Royale

Now find me a single point in the course of their development that was changed by Tencent. Anything will do. Find me a single instance when Tencent acted on western market in those games and i will admit i was wrong. Single post from devs saying "our owner decided the we (insert whatever here)" will do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info