People are overreacting

"
kuciol wrote:

The thing is there are some companies closed by tencent, employees of those studios werent obligated to keep their mouths shut...

How do you know?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Good on you. Some of us have other views.

And I respect that. But if you like the game, like playing it - and keep liking it, is the fact that the surplus of income goes in a different pocket so important? The funding needed to develop the game will still go towards developing the game, until proven otherwise.

But it's "the unknown", and I respect that people are afraid of it. But, as said, I view supporter packs as products, the same way I don't think twice about buying a Chinese game if it's good. It's all about the product for me, and my experience of it.

Stubborn, proud principles will never help. I think we just need to sit back and see what happens, instead of making doomsday prophecies, shouting "what if" and calm the fuck down.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

How do you know?

Because such things always come out one way or another. Be it "leaks", "outside sources" or somebody that simply doesnt care. Journalists would dig every shit out.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Good on you. Some of us have other views.

And I respect that. But if you like the game, like playing it - and keep liking it, is the fact that the surplus of income goes in a different pocket so important?

It is.
For the same reason I won't buy a Volkswagen (or any of their other brands if I can avoid it). I don't do a background check on all of the products I'm buying, of course, but when I find out a product I actually like is made by a fishy company, I try to avoid it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:

GGG’s business model isn’t built on generosity, but vanity. If the game remains fun, if the next supporter packs contain very pretty MTX, then yeah - GGG will still make money. Plenty.

Not from me. I supported them because they were an indy company.

same here im not going to throw money at a company I dont like when I dont have to

In the past I though to myself well I really dont need this supporter pack but chris and friends are good folks so ill throw them some cash and get a few shinnies in return

now is its like.... well give money to the big evil company for vanity items??? no id rather not
I dont see any any key!
I started to play this game because it's statement was Poe will NEVER BE P2W game. Will see. For now I'm stopping my support. Unfortunately greediness of GGG took over the cleverness. Instead of slowing down the game and made new expansion every year they rather sold their game. :-(
Last edited by Kastmar on May 21, 2018, 11:29:38 AM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

It is.
For the same reason I won't buy a Volkswagen (or any of their other brands if I can avoid it). I don't do a background check on all of the products I'm buying, of course, but when I find out a product I actually like is made by a fishy company, I try to avoid it.

But PoE is still being made by GGG - until proven otherwise. You wouldn't buy a VW, but would you buy an Audi, Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini, Seat or Skoda? Or a Porsche for that matter?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 21, 2018, 11:36:48 AM
Nop people are smart. They are not overreacting. The business world will consume this game. RIP
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

It is.

But PoE is still being made by GGG - until proven otherwise. You wouldn't buy a VW, but would you buy an Audi, Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini, Seat or Skoda? Or a Porsche for that matter?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

It is.

My point; they are not being made by VW directly. Far from. But OK. We are worlds apart here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info