[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"

I see! indeed :D should be all set now informationwise X)

tnx !

Hope all goes well for you, feel free to update us on any problesms or successes :)

"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for this guide, I actually leveled my first alt character to play this build and so far has been really enjoying it! However, I feel like my damage is a bit low and that I am not clearing maps as quickly as I should be. I believe it has to do with my lower level and lack of passives but could I have someone double check my gear just to make sure I am geared correctly as well?

Also, the shown DPS on Blade Flurry is much lower than the DPS that shows for Reave, is this normal? I am only using a 5 link currently but working towards getting a 6l.

I am also unable to fit Ancestral Protector/Vaal Haste/Inc Duration into my gear so if you see a discrepancy in my gems please let me know.

Thanks again!

Yo dude, ty for trying out this Build and cool to hear you had a decent Time with if so far :)

The Tooltip for Bladeflurry is next to worthless. Disregard it. You need to use PoB to get accuracte DPS estimations, I posted links to that and a Guide for it at the end of the Guide.

I recommend swapping to this Tree:
Spoiler

More Damage for the same Life. Also more reliable Crits.

On that topic, your Gear is looking decent for your Level. Rings, Amulet, Belt, Statstick, Helmet, etc. are all looking okay and you seem to be following the Stat Priority nicely.
That said, your Claw is pretty horrible by comparison. I say in the Guide that you need high Attack Speed and crit, and your has neither (attack speed is okayish tho) :P Sure the pDPS is good, but the lack of Crit makes it a bad Claw. Go get on that in the future.

Other than that, all your Gems are lacking Levels and Quality, which is a lot of missing DPS.
Make sure you get your Reave and BF links to 20/20, maybe via flipping them, soon.
Also, you need a 20/20 Blood Rage for the high amount of Attack Speed it gives. Having it in a CwDT Setup is okay, but you need a 20/20 one that you can selfcast.
There is no reason to have a Level 1 Ice Golem in a CwDt Setup.
Don't use Frostbomb in a CwDt Setup either, level it high enough that you can selfcast it again. It's important that we can place our Frostbomb whenever we want and wherever we want. Ideally when we're about to unload full DPS with Flasks.

Whirling Setup in one Weapon, IC CwDT Level 11 Frostbomb in the other, Curse on Hit Herald Setup + a Totem in the boots, Reave Setup in the Helmet, Hatred Blood Rage Golem in the Gloves, BF in the Chest.
That's pretty much all you need.

All in all your Character looks solid! The change in Tree I suggest will result in more DPS, and the Gear you have right now (except the Claw, and the lack of a 6l) is very fine.
Level your Gems, adapt the Tree and upgrade to a proper Claw soon. A 6link, Taste of Hate and 2 socket Tombfists should come at some point in the future as well.

Hope that gives you a point to start from :) Please update me on how it goes/whether or not it helps you!
Can I asked something, Should i take 3 points to Vitality Void cause in POB u think the vitality void, but under Skill Tree section, the picture show that vitality void is not taken
~~There will be no more for mercy~~
"
FareezFx wrote:
Can I asked something, Should i take 3 points to Vitality Void cause in POB u think the vitality void, but under Skill Tree section, the picture show that vitality void is not taken

It makes our Leech stronger, so if you feel you want/need stronger Leech you can take it.
I didn't include it in the Maintrees, because I myself haven't used it during a lot of the Life of my Characters using this Build. After having tested it each League for a bit, I felt that the default Leech with Vaalpact and a decent Life Pool coupled with LGoH from the Claws was enough to sustain.

I just took it at 100 because it's good defensively.

So yeah, if you feel you need it go try it out!
I meant to include a note about that in the Tree Section for a while, but I don't have Space in the Post atm.
"
Guffinn wrote:
Yo dude, ty for trying out this Build and cool to hear you had a decent Time with if so far :)

The Tooltip for Bladeflurry is next to worthless. Disregard it. You need to use PoB to get accuracte DPS estimations, I posted links to that and a Guide for it at the end of the Guide.

I recommend swapping to this Tree:
Spoiler

More Damage for the same Life. Also more reliable Crits.

On that topic, your Gear is looking decent for your Level. Rings, Amulet, Belt, Statstick, Helmet, etc. are all looking okay and you seem to be following the Stat Priority nicely.
That said, your Claw is pretty horrible by comparison. I say in the Guide that you need high Attack Speed and crit, and your has neither (attack speed is okayish tho) :P Sure the pDPS is good, but the lack of Crit makes it a bad Claw. Go get on that in the future.

Other than that, all your Gems are lacking Levels and Quality, which is a lot of missing DPS.
Make sure you get your Reave and BF links to 20/20, maybe via flipping them, soon.
Also, you need a 20/20 Blood Rage for the high amount of Attack Speed it gives. Having it in a CwDT Setup is okay, but you need a 20/20 one that you can selfcast.
There is no reason to have a Level 1 Ice Golem in a CwDt Setup.
Don't use Frostbomb in a CwDt Setup either, level it high enough that you can selfcast it again. It's important that we can place our Frostbomb whenever we want and wherever we want. Ideally when we're about to unload full DPS with Flasks.

Whirling Setup in one Weapon, IC CwDT Level 11 Frostbomb in the other, Curse on Hit Herald Setup + a Totem in the boots, Reave Setup in the Helmet, Hatred Blood Rage Golem in the Gloves, BF in the Chest.
That's pretty much all you need.

All in all your Character looks solid! The change in Tree I suggest will result in more DPS, and the Gear you have right now (except the Claw, and the lack of a 6l) is very fine.
Level your Gems, adapt the Tree and upgrade to a proper Claw soon. A 6link, Taste of Hate and 2 socket Tombfists should come at some point in the future as well.

Hope that gives you a point to start from :) Please update me on how it goes/whether or not it helps you!

Thanks for the response, I went ahead and changed the tree and am working on fixing the gems. However I am still a little confused about what to do with frost bomb though because you say to make sure I can self cast it for when I need to burst enemies but then you immediately after said "IC CwDT Level 11 Frostbomb in the other (weapon)".

Removing the other CwDt set up I had caused another issue: how I am suppose to use all the abilities during a map or boss fight with only 8 skill slots to choose from. For example: Left Click is (1)move, Middle Click is (2)Vaal Reave, Right Click is (3)Reave, Q is (4)Whirling Blades, W is (5)Blade Flurry, E is (6)Frost Bomb, R is (7)Blood Rage and T is (8)Golem. This leaves out a spot for (9)Ancestral Protector. I understand that Herald and Hatred can be cast and then changed but am I suppose to swap Reave for Ancestral Protector before boss fights or something?

Thanks again for the help!
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
Thanks for the response, I went ahead and changed the tree and am working on fixing the gems. However I am still a little confused about what to do with frost bomb though because you say to make sure I can self cast it for when I need to burst enemies but then you immediately after said "IC CwDT Level 11 Frostbomb in the other (weapon)".

Removing the other CwDt set up I had caused another issue: how I am suppose to use all the abilities during a map or boss fight with only 8 skill slots to choose from. For example: Left Click is (1)move, Middle Click is (2)Vaal Reave, Right Click is (3)Reave, Q is (4)Whirling Blades, W is (5)Blade Flurry, E is (6)Frost Bomb, R is (7)Blood Rage and T is (8)Golem. This leaves out a spot for (9)Ancestral Protector. I understand that Herald and Hatred can be cast and then changed but am I suppose to swap Reave for Ancestral Protector before boss fights or something?

Thanks again for the help!

Yo, cool to see you replying Back so quick :)

Level 11 Frostbomb cant be Cast by a Level 1 CwDt due to the Level restrictions. And all we need is a Level 1 CwDt and 3 IC to proc Arakaalis Life recovery, but that is already explained in the Guide.

Ice Golem can be Put on left Click, it behaves exactly Like walking does until you Shift+LClick, which will Cast the Golem. Thats also explained in the gameplay Tips near the end of the guide.

Hope that clears Everthing Up :)
Gl and HF levelling your gems and making Upgrades, Hope to hear from you again in a couple of Levels!
Hey mate, can you help me? wasted like 15 or more ex on the build but i barely can do red tier maps, what i'm doing wrong?
"
Guffinn wrote:

Yo, cool to see you replying Back so quick :)

Level 11 Frostbomb cant be Cast by a Level 1 CwDt due to the Level restrictions. And all we need is a Level 1 CwDt and 3 IC to proc Arakaalis Life recovery, but that is already explained in the Guide.

Ice Golem can be Put on left Click, it behaves exactly Like walking does until you Shift+LClick, which will Cast the Golem. Thats also explained in the gameplay Tips near the end of the guide.

Hope that clears Everthing Up :)
Gl and HF levelling your gems and making Upgrades, Hope to hear from you again in a couple of Levels!

Hey,

Seems I must have missed those in the guide, sorry about that. Thanks again for the help, I will keep you posted!
"
Hey mate, can you help me? wasted like 15 or more ex on the build but i barely can do red tier maps, what i'm doing wrong?

Yo Mate, cool to see you giving the Build a Shot :)

Sad to see you struggling, but I'm currently on mobile so I cant give you indepth recommendations.

A few Things i can Tell tho:
You are Low Level and still Missing your Uber Lab, fixing that will give you a Lot of Skillpoints that you can invest into Life and damage alike.

For now I recommend speccing Out of Fangs of Frost and into Twin Terrors for basically the same damage but more reliable crits and better map clear.

Grabbing the 3 Point INT Jewel Socket makes No sense yet, as you can still Pick the 2 Point one and Invest the extra Point into a 30 INT node for 10 more INT total.

The whole Aspect of the Panther and Aspect of the Lynx Area isnt too efficient for us. Path through the lower dex Point and unspec the 7 others. Grab claws of Pride and Heartseeker.

Grabbing Uber Lab gives 3 Points and 8 more by respeccing the pathing from Scion Area. These should be Put into the 3 Crit Multi Nodes at the Scion start and 5 Life Nodes from the Scion wheel. The last 3 could be for forces of Nature for more damage, or completing the claw Nodes which should be a priority.

Your Gear is mostly fine, but there are a few Things to improve upon:
You are Missing a Level 20 Hatred and a Totem (AP or AW) of choice. Also, a Frostbomb ist a huge Boss DPS increase.

Dont forget you can recraft the Crit on the claw and Multi on the Statstick to 27% for "free" damage.

Your Boots are okay, but you should be able to Grab 100 Life ones with Res (dont forget we dont need Movespeed) for 10c or so.

For whatever reason you dont have a Diamond Flask, which is easily the Most important Flask for a Crit Build to have. And it costs Like 1 alt :P
After Uberlab and all the tree Changes, you should be easily able to Drop the Life Flask for that.

Your Rings, Amulet and Belt are okay for starters, but could be way better easily.
Be Sure to follow the Stat priority. Ideally you want Life, phys, accuracy and WED on Them. I Just checked the Low Budget endgame Trade Links and there seem to be a couple of Rings below 10c even that Look Like a DPS Upgrade for you.
Cant Tell for certain tho, as I dont have Access to PoB on mobile.
The Point is tho, that Rings and Amulet could be easily better for Not a Lot of Money. (Uber Lab and gem stuff as Well as the Diamond Takes priority tho)
The Belt could easily have more WED as well.

If you want faster Movespeed, dont forget that Quality on Whirling Blades and Faster Attacks helps Out there!

I cant See your Watchers eye, but I assume it is a conversion one?

All that said, your Gear and character Looks okay. The claw, statstick, belly, tombfist etc. Will Last you for the whole Game.

There are Just some Things you forgot to add in (Diamond Flask and some gems), and your Level is still very Low with Missing Uber Lab as Well.
Fixing that stuff should easily get you going for now!

Hope I could Help you Out a Bit, feel free to Drop Back by after having done These Things and Tell us how it went :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 12, 2018, 4:13:27 AM
Hi your build looks really fun but I see a lot of players doing a similar build with foils. If I were to use foils, what changes will there be to the tree? Also what is your opinion on foils?
"
MistaChun wrote:
Hi your build looks really fun but I see a lot of players doing a similar build with foils. If I were to use foils, what changes will there be to the tree? Also what is your opinion on foils?

That's discussed in the FAQ. Go read that. I even compare a popular Reave/BF Foil Char with a Foil Tree to my Tree (and his Foil transformed to a Claw)
Claws are better due to better Nodes and a better position on the Tree for DPS. The LGoH Implicit is crazy strong Defensively.

Foils are more popular because they are easier to craft and thus cheaper to get, they get more %Life and flat Life in their Areas of the Tree (which is fixed by Scion having MotM and the Life wheel around the corner), and more Ascendancies can path to them (which in turn makes the supply bigger by more people crafting them for their builds).

Duelists and Marauders don't really path well to Claws, it's inefficient to go there. Only Rangers (no one plays Raider, everyone uses PF and Deadeye for other Stuff mostly), Shadow (Trickster is rarely attack based/claws, Assassin is mostly Autobombers with some Poison MS people, Sab is Mines/Traps obv) and Witches (some niche Elementalist Builds) can path to Claws efficiently.
And obviously Scions, which make the best use of them.
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 12, 2018, 5:32:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info