[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
DashDigital wrote:
Spoiler

I leveled this badboy and I'm finally now slowly getting into the mapping and gearing stage. At the moment, I'm using a BR enchanted Tempest's Binding for Reave and chest for BF. Still not sure what I prefer because I'll probably be doing elder UGS for the most part on this character. We'll see how it feels.

So far I'm liking it. The character is still only level 75 so I don't have access to steel rings yet. I'm just using random placeholder rings for now.

The reason I wanted to go for Farrul's is because I got a hold on a fairly sweet amulet:

I went for pathfinder over juggernaut for travel reasons. Accuracy is a bit low now, but I'll be getting it on both rings so it should be fine.

Overall it feels good. Cheers for the build and for the reply as to my tweaks on it. You've been immensely helpful.

Will give a final update when I get the rings sorted and get some levels.

Dash

UPDATE:
I bought a sambar for 30c, spammed 150c at it and exalted WED:

Hey mate, cool that you're enjoying your Time so far :)

Big gz on the nice Sceptre Craft, and yes that's a decent cat Ring! Didn't realize you were on Standard btw :P

On the topic of Rings, I'd recommend to ideally aim for something with Phys, Accuracy AND Wed. While yours are decent enough, if you wanna push the Damage you can easily get better ones.

Gl and hf with the Build, excited to see where it goes :)

"
Spoiler
Hi all; hi Guffinn. First of all, I wanted to say 'thanks' - this build is the furthest I've ever played into PoE, first time getting to maps, and so far it's been a lot of fun and pretty smooth.

I kind of feel like I've hit a wall though - actually, it felt like that fucking endboss was the wall, and I only got past Kitava by essentially suiciding myself into him & his minion waves 20+ times. And Izaro basically one-shot me on my one attempt to get through Merciless Labyrinth. : \

Since folks in this thread seem willing, would someone mind taking a look at my shit and seeing if there's anything immediately glaringly obvious I need to change? (I have a Tabula Rasa, but dropping the Life/Resist on my chest feels suicidal when I'm already nearly dying on almost every pack in T1/T2 maps).

...also I'm aware having my CwDT in the Moonbender's is *not great*, what with the Lightning Warp triggering at inopportune times, just... not sure what to do about it. >_<

Thanks in advance.

Addendum - I happened to luck into Hrimsorrow & Oskarm gloves, and Ungil's Harmony amulet; dunno if any of them would be worthwhile to try and fit in while I'm still trying to assemble some semblance of a worthy kit?

Yo dude, ty for putting your Trust into my Build :)

Getting stuck while levelling through the Acts kinda sucks.
That said, they are the easiest part of the Game in a sense and no Build really has inherent struggles with it (even tho Scions are the hardest to level). Did you use level appropriate Gear, were Res Cappes, at least on a 5 link etc.?

All that said, we sadly can't see your Characters as they're set to private :P You can change that in your Account Settings, and if you do I'll gladly have a look :)

As for what to get etc.: just grab the stuff from the League Start Gear segment. Wasp Nest, Moonbender, 1 socket Tombfist, rare 5 or 6l chest, innervate/hypo (+ aoe) helmet for reave, atziris promise flask, decent rares.
But that's all explained there, and all dirt cheap at this point of the League.

You can use Hrimsorrow until you get your Moonbenders Wing and Tombfist.

Btw, if you are that new to PoE: I strongly recommend heading over to Engineering Eternity on YouTube and checking out his Beginner Guide Series :)

Gl and hf, hope to hear back from you!
Ah, shoot - sorry 'bout that. Should be public now.

I've been trying to swap things around a little to see if I can get past the Labyrinth & finally get my Raider Ascendancy, but Izaro keeps exploding me pretty trivially. Haven't tried it with the Moonbender's + Hrimsorrow + 6L yet, just got those set up - but I lucked into 2 Wasp's Nests for the price of 1 and dual-wielding them (going by tooltip, at least) would seem to give me way more DPS.

I guess I should add I've been doing it sort-of SSF so far - the Wasp Nest was the first thing I've ever bought in PoE. Not that I'm opposed to buying more, but that's why I haven't immediately recreated the League Start Gear identically.

Thx again, Guffinn!

edit: Also only recently got the Vaal Reave, so I've been using Frost Blades as my clearskill. Not sure if that might be a factor as well. : \
Last edited by Ghost_Of_Starman on Nov 7, 2018, 8:53:55 PM
"
Ah, shoot - sorry 'bout that. Should be public now.

I've been trying to swap things around a little to see if I can get past the Labyrinth & finally get my Raider Ascendancy, but Izaro keeps exploding me pretty trivially. Haven't tried it with the Moonbender's + Hrimsorrow + 6L yet, just got those set up - but I lucked into 2 Wasp's Nests for the price of 1 and dual-wielding them (going by tooltip, at least) would seem to give me way more DPS.

I guess I should add I've been doing it sort-of SSF so far - the Wasp Nest was the first thing I've ever bought in PoE. Not that I'm opposed to buying more, but that's why I haven't immediately recreated the League Start Gear identically.

Thx again, Guffinn!

edit: Also only recently got the Vaal Reave, so I've been using Frost Blades as my clearskill. Not sure if that might be a factor as well. : \

Don't trust the tooltip, go with Wasp Nest + Moonbender.
You can drop the Hrimsorrow now that you have Moonbender, and use a Tombfist with a Murderous Eye. This will be a huge DPS Boost.

One thing to note on why you're dying: 2.888 Life is INCREDIBLY low. You neeeeeeeeeeed Gear with Life on it. Please follow the Trade Links for Rings and Amulets in the League Start Gear Section, and grab one of these. They cost lik 3c or so, and 3 of them will go a loooong way for you.
Also, you're not capped in any of the Resistances. Go get on that.
Life and Resistances are literally the first thing I list in the Stat Priority, and all the Trade Links include a decent Chunk of Life.

Any of these Chests: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/vdrMkLuE cost the same as a Tabula and have the correct Colours for BF. But they also offer some stats as well.
You can sell your Tabula and get one of that.

Do those 3 Things, most importantly the Gear with Life on it, and you're fine.
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 8, 2018, 6:11:26 PM
hi! got inspired by the hc variant "showcase" video when tanking some mobs in the t16 minotaur map, pros/cons of going slayer/jugg instead? slugg xD

looking to make a tankier version of the build, even if it will be slower :)

thanks!
"
hi! got inspired by the hc variant "showcase" video when tanking some mobs in the t16 minotaur map, pros/cons of going slayer/jugg instead? slugg xD

thanks!

I sent you a Reply to that Longass PM you gave me :P
Thanks for the Interest, and feel free to keep us updated if you decide to try it out :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 9, 2018, 6:16:36 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"

thanks!

I sent you a Reply to that Longass PM you gave me :P
Thanks for the Interest, and feel free to keep us updated if you decide to try it out :)

sweet :) thanks a bunch for the help and feedback!

level 35 powerleveling ascendant as we speak! will be back for further assistance in this thread if needed in the future !

thanks again and happy hunting :>
Last edited by secret_service86 on Nov 9, 2018, 7:22:25 PM
@Guffinn Hi again !

was just wondering how do you generate endurance charges in the 3.4 t16 HC version video in the start of thread?

and for the t16 haunted mansion sc video, how do you generate power charges?

answers to this will make things a lot more clear for my future character I think x) thanks!
Last edited by secret_service86 on Nov 10, 2018, 11:44:28 AM
"
@Guffinn Hi again !

was just wondering how do you generate endurance charges in the 3.4 t16 HC version video in the start of thread?

answers to this will make things a lot more clear for my future character I think x) thanks!

Curse on Hit and Warolds Mark/Assasins Mark attached to Herald of Ice respectively.
Alternatively you could use a CoH Ring, but these are usually shit and super expensive for a decent one.

A thing that will make things "a lot more clear" in the future would be actually reading the Guide tho :P
No offense, but that's all explained in there and I don't intend to let all that Stuff I already wrote go to waste :D

"
Guffinn wrote:
"
@Guffinn Hi again !

Curse on Hit and Warolds Mark/Assasins Mark attached to Herald of Ice respectively.
Alternatively you could use a CoH Ring, but these are usually shit and super expensive for a decent one.

A thing that will make things "a lot more clear" in the future would be actually reading the Guide tho :P
No offense, but that's all explained in there and I don't intend to let all that Stuff I already wrote go to waste :D

I see! indeed :D should be all set now informationwise X)

tnx !
Hello,

Thank you very much for this guide, I actually leveled my first alt character to play this build and so far has been really enjoying it! However, I feel like my damage is a bit low and that I am not clearing maps as quickly as I should be. I believe it has to do with my lower level and lack of passives but could I have someone double check my gear just to make sure I am geared correctly as well?

Also, the shown DPS on Blade Flurry is much lower than the DPS that shows for Reave, is this normal? I am only using a 5 link currently but working towards getting a 6l.

I am also unable to fit Ancestral Protector/Vaal Haste/Inc Duration into my gear so if you see a discrepancy in my gems please let me know.

Thanks again!
Last edited by CrimsonWoe on Nov 10, 2018, 6:44:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info