[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
ervisberberii wrote:
Sobi think i completed all neded gear like guide says bought all from endgame gear section can u please chech my shaper dps and any adices for next levels i kinda wana go shaper at 90

You are more than fine to tackle Shaper.
One last thing I can recommend: go to the Endgame Gear Section, and scroll down to the "Bossing" Segment. I go over some Gear Choices for Endgame Bosses like Shaper there.

Gl and hf :)

"
DashDigital wrote:
Hey!
I recently got myself a farruls fur and a cat amulet. This looks interesting and it seems to me that it should work quite well with farruls. However, this is my first melee character in forever so I would love some thoughts on it. Have you considered or looked into farruls compared to loreweave or belly. I might be able to skip raider and go for pathfinder instead too.
I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts on it.

Dash

Yo dude, ty for considering this Build and gz on the nice Items :)

I played this Build during Bestiary as well, so I tested Farruls a bit.
Obviously it's nice for Damage, and you could go Jugg or ideally PF instead of Raider then.

That said, I don't consider it necessary at all as our DPS is already way overkill.
And importantly, the Life from Farruls kinda sucks. We got enough Damage to steamroll everything, but more Life means more Tankyness AND for a Leech centered Build such as this: Leech scales off of our max Life Amount. So more Life = Stronger Leech.
Couple these things with the fact that these days, getting shoehorned into mediocre random Rares with the Aspect on them, and I won't really recommend Farruls.

It's still great and you probably won't miss anything when using it, but I won't recommend it in the Guide.
Slayer Jugg and Slayer PF are all options, personally I'd go with PF for the good feeling of Flasksustain and way better Pathing than from the Duelist Start.

So yeah, you can use it and go PF for example.
I just don't 100% recommend it, especially considering its price.
Regardless, you will have success with it I bet :P
Feel free to keep us updated on how it goes for you, if you wanna give the Build a shot :)

"
Quixote77 wrote:

Spoiler
On page 90, aim972 and Gufffinn discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using the farrul chest (aim972 is using it for his version).

And thanks Guffinn for the comprehensive and informative guide, widened my understanding of the game quite a bit. Did two bf/reave builds previously, the sword-wielding slayer one was so-so at end game and the abyssus bloodseeker jugg was solid but your build eclipses both in speed, power and survivability.

Would like to recommend hale negator as a great companion piece to this build, with our big health, and especially if you're stacking abyssal jewels, helps in general clear and boss fights.

Finally, showcasing my version a bit (if I may, Guffinn) as I'm focusing on mapping and delving, using charged dash and adding a bloodseeker (mainly cos I don't have another expensive claw lying around). Personally found it to be faster than reave in clearing. Also tested wildstrike, frost blades and the base strength of the original build allows them all to be played at high levels.

My gear:

Spoiler

Hey mate, cool to hear back from you :)

I appreciate the kind words, glad you could take something from the Guide overall!

And big ty for the Headsup regarding Hale Negotiator! Totally forgot about that. I will include in the Bossing Segment eventually, besides the Lightpoacher. It's a bit rougher to fit in due to no Allres, but it won't hurt to include.
Once I find the time to cut down on the Letter Amount at least, currently at the 50k Limit again.

Your Gear, especially those Rares and some corruption, looks hella awesome! Gz on that :)
While Charged Dash and Bloodseeker kinda deviates from the Guide a lot, it's obviously your Character. As long as it's fun and you're having success: do what you want. I'm glad my Guide could help you along the way, and it's cool to see you found a variation that suits you :)

Thanks again for the kind words and feedback.
Any goals left this League?
"
Guffinn wrote:

Hey mate, cool to hear back from you :)

I appreciate the kind words, glad you could take something from the Guide overall!

And big ty for the Headsup regarding Hale Negotiator! Totally forgot about that. I will include in the Bossing Segment eventually, besides the Lightpoacher. It's a bit rougher to fit in due to no Allres, but it won't hurt to include.
Once I find the time to cut down on the Letter Amount at least, currently at the 50k Limit again.

Your Gear, especially those Rares and some corruption, looks hella awesome! Gz on that :)
While Charged Dash and Bloodseeker kinda deviates from the Guide a lot, it's obviously your Character. As long as it's fun and you're having success: do what you want. I'm glad my Guide could help you along the way, and it's cool to see you found a variation that suits you :)

Thanks again for the kind words and feedback.
Any goals left this League?

Usually I'm out of the league at this stage, but thanks to a combination of the delve mechanics and your build, I'm still very much engaged and actively mapping and delving. Gonna get the McFlurry to lvl 98, while attempting to upgrade gear if possible, like the claw and some jewels, and maybe switch to focusing on bossing then. I feel, other than the incredibly strong base that is the build, is that it's a v good template to experiment with other skills or gear choices, as the farrul discussion, for example, was an interesting one.

Yeah! Had some luck on gear this league. For bossing, would be going back to the standard McFlurry setup with the recommended higher end gear:

Last edited by Quixote77 on Nov 2, 2018, 1:13:23 PM
Hey! I ran into the problem of not being at full hp, and i dont know why is this a thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBAcYMufg0M - as you can see on the video, in big intense fights i jump between 6517 to 6525 (max), thus not getting benifits from Damage on Full Life.
At first i thought about Blood Rare dealing this bit of dmg, but it doesnt feel so...

My items, just in case:
Spoiler

And flasks (dunno why tho):
Spoiler

Does anyone know what am i doing wrong?
"
Yokzjumper wrote:
Hey! I ran into the problem of not being at full hp, and i dont know why is this a thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBAcYMufg0M - as you can see on the video, in big intense fights i jump between 6517 to 6525 (max), thus not getting benifits from Damage on Full Life.
At first i thought about Blood Rare dealing this bit of dmg, but it doesnt feel so...

My items, just in case:
Spoiler

And flasks (dunno why tho):
Spoiler

Does anyone know what am i doing wrong?

Yo dude.

It is indeed Bloodrage.
And you count as on full Life even when the Number is lower. That is answered in the FAQ: as long as Regen>Degen you are on full Life, but your Globe will never show the full Number. If you check my Videos, it is exactly the same.

And I see you have your BR in a Cwdt Setup. It is heavily recommended to use a seperate 20/20 one to get the free Attack Speed Boost it offers, and be able to activate it before the first pack in an given map/delve and be sure to guarantee 100% uptime.

Your Gear is looking good btw :)
But if you want a Pseudo BF Helmet, and a real 6link for Reave I'd recommend an Elder Helm for BF with 30% more Ele from Essence of Horror, Conc Effect and +3% flat Crit to socketed Attacks.

Hope that covers it :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 3, 2018, 1:01:56 PM
"
It is indeed Bloodrage.
And you count as on full Life even when the Number is lower. That is answered in the FAQ: as long as Regen>Degen you are on full Life, but your Globe will never show the full Number. If you check my Videos, it is exactly the same.

Hmm, strange :/ But thanks, now im not gonna be bothered about it :)

Spoiler
And I see you have your BR in a Cwdt Setup. It is heavily recommended to use a seperate 20/20 one to get the free Attack Speed Boost it offers, and be able to activate it before the first pack in an given map/delve and be sure to guarantee 100% uptime.

To be honest im playing with this "stupid" setup just to press less buttons, turned out its fine for t16 with my gear :)
With "bossing" items i have it 20/20 to turn on manualy.

Spoiler
But if you want a Pseudo BF Helmet, and a real 6link for Reave I'd recommend an Elder Helm for BF with 30% more Ele from Essence of Horror, Conc Effect and +3% flat Crit to socketed Attacks.

Honestly i started questioning having AoE/innervate helmet, since i have Lightpoacher for bossing (where i use BF, and not Reave), becouse right now i wear

with gems in it just to swap them faster, whenever i switch to bossing setup. Maybe i should just get "only mapping" helmet, with like, lots of HP (i dont need resistances, have 78-153-84) and something else that's good? Unfortunately, nothing aside "good hp helm" is coming to my mind....

Im looking for new amulet, and currently looking at this:
Spoiler

Lapis Amulet
+30 to Intelligence
--------
+15% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+72 to maximum Life
1.9 Life Regenerated per second
Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
19% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
24% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
--------
Shaper Item

Is this a worty upgrade, or something else for the same budget (3-4ex) could be found better?

sorry for terreble englando
Last edited by Yokzjumper on Nov 3, 2018, 6:22:51 PM
Can you look over my gear and see why I'm doing only about 10% of your total damage with reave and bf? I must be missing something>
"
threeseconds wrote:
Note: I am not the author, just another player.

"
Baleyine2 wrote:
Hello sir ! First of all it is by far the best guide i’ve read so far. So thanks for the huge work man. Its my first élague so i’m kinda newbie but i.ve played a lot so far. I.m Level 87, and i love the build so much !
I would apreciate if you could check out my char/stuff tho, because i seems to be lacking of damage for now :/
Thanks again, and sorry if i messed up somethings you already repeat a bunch of times !

I am following the guide as closely as I can and have no issues with damage nor survival at level 86. Doing t16s, red elder, guardians and ~300 delve without problems.

First thing to note looking at your character is you are missing a lot of gems. I assume you were just swapping stuff around and have not put them back. Otherwise: Link your stuff and add damage abilities (BF/Reave). You are also using a sub-optimal claw with % leech instead of Life given on Hit which is recommended in the guide - might be the reason you feel the need to run a life flask?

Your tree is also sub-optimal:

1 - Top left Scion jewel slot is a horrible gain/points spent. 4 nodes to get a jewel slot, 5 strength and 10 life (we don't have regen). The only reason it is being taken is to be used with a Meeks to double dip on the life wheel.

2 - Pure Talent Viridian Jewel is an incredible waste especially in that location. You gain +25 str/int/dex while you are already over the needed cap to equip your gear and gems. Especially considering you grab a +30 int node elsewhere on your tree and have tons of strength on your gear.

3 - The 3 Critical Strike Multiplier nodes below your Pure Talent Viridian should be taken when you do not have an Unnatural Instincts jewel in that slot.

4 - You are missing the Primeval Force elemental damage cluster.

5 - You are missing the Forces of Nature elemental damage cluster.

Alternative (better) jewel slot to grab would be the one next to Heartseeker for 2 points or south of life wheel for 3 points (not great, but better than top left scion for anything other than Meeks).

You might want to have a look at your flasks. Life flask is useless in 99% of situations as we leech a crazy amount. Taste of Hope would give you more damage, more survivability and free up cold resistance from your gear. No need for 2 "of Warding" flasks either as you could get better coverage of freeze/bleed/curse immunity.

Thanks a lot for your tips !

i managed to save up for a ' unnatural instinct ' ( 18ex atm ... ) with my mf char. So now i'm ready to go !
i also crafter my first ' good ' item ( my weapon ) and i'm very proud of it.

Anyway, now i'm grinding for xp to reach ~95+

in the mean time, i was wondering if the op could take a look at my build/tree, if i should improve something asap ?

my ' biggest ' issue right now is still the dsp. Not the BF one dont get me wrong, but for now i'm not doing bosses, i'm just wandering arounds maps/mines. Any idea to improve reave dps ? i should maybe switch to full reave setup in my belly of the beast.. and i'm loving when everything pop on the screen with the herald, and it doesnt happen that often ( maybe i lack of crit chance idk )

anyway, if you could suggest how i should improve my setup the most, would be awersome !

and thanks again for your beautifull guide
"
Yokzjumper wrote:
Spoiler
"
It is indeed Bloodrage.

Hmm, strange :/ But thanks, now im not gonna be bothered about it :)

Spoiler

To be honest im playing with this "stupid" setup just to press less buttons, turned out its fine for t16 with my gear :)
With "bossing" items i have it 20/20 to turn on manualy.

Spoiler

Honestly i started questioning having AoE/innervate helmet, since i have Lightpoacher for bossing (where i use BF, and not Reave), becouse right now i wear

with gems in it just to swap them faster, whenever i switch to bossing setup. Maybe i should just get "only mapping" helmet, with like, lots of HP (i dont need resistances, have 78-153-84) and something else that's good? Unfortunately, nothing aside "good hp helm" is coming to my mind....

Im looking for new amulet, and currently looking at this:
Spoiler

Lapis Amulet
+30 to Intelligence
--------
+15% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+72 to maximum Life
1.9 Life Regenerated per second
Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
19% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
24% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
--------
Shaper Item

Is this a worty upgrade, or something else for the same budget (3-4ex) could be found better?

sorry for terreble englando

I mean, the Helmet is pretty nice because while mapping we can use Reave AND Bf, which makes it a lot smoother/faster.
But if you only wanna use 1 six Link (if I understand that correctly), you can just grab a Rare Helmet with 100+ Life, Accuracy, and maybe "nearby enemies have -X% to Cold Resistance".

As for the Amulet: that is something you can check in PoB yourself in a matter of Seconds, and have 100% accurate results :P
So I recommend to go ahead and use it :)

"
Gwen_Stefani wrote:
Can you look over my gear and see why I'm doing only about 10% of your total damage with reave and bf? I must be missing something>

Hey mate, ty for checking back with us here :)

Right now you are missing some Flasks and importantly: the Conversion Watchers Eye on your Character. I assume you just parked that somewhere else?

That said, here is your Character optimized for Boss DPS:
https://pastebin.com/aD4TQyt4
4.1 Million Shaper DPS.
That's with the full bossing Set tho, so 5 DPS Flasks, Lightpoacher, Bubonic Trail, correct Gems etc. as explained in the Guide.
That's more than enough DPS to shred anything in the Game, idk what you are struggling with.

The difference in our DPS mostly comes from me having better Rares and a higher Level. That's all.

So: no idea what to tell you really. You have enough Damage as is, and the "rest" compared to me is Rares, Enchants and Gem Levels.
Hope that kinda covers it :)

"
Baleyine2 wrote:
Thanks a lot for your tips !

i managed to save up for a ' unnatural instinct ' ( 18ex atm ... ) with my mf char. So now i'm ready to go !
i also crafter my first ' good ' item ( my weapon ) and i'm very proud of it.

Anyway, now i'm grinding for xp to reach ~95+

in the mean time, i was wondering if the op could take a look at my build/tree, if i should improve something asap ?

my ' biggest ' issue right now is still the dsp. Not the BF one dont get me wrong, but for now i'm not doing bosses, i'm just wandering arounds maps/mines. Any idea to improve reave dps ? i should maybe switch to full reave setup in my belly of the beast.. and i'm loving when everything pop on the screen with the herald, and it doesnt happen that often ( maybe i lack of crit chance idk )

anyway, if you could suggest how i should improve my setup the most, would be awersome !

and thanks again for your beautifull guide

Yo, shoutouts to threeseconds for answering some Questions while I was away :)

And hey mate, gz on the purchases!

As for what to improve on your Character:
overall your Gear looks really solid and you definitely know how to gear this Build!
That said, a Belt with more WED should be easy to get. The Amulet could also easily be better (Phys, Multi, Accuracy, WED), but I guess you need the INT. Same goes for the Opal.
Idk what that Helmet you're wearing is supposed to be :D
It offers next to nothing for BF or Reave alike, at this point a 20 Innervate/Hypo + 20 Inc AoE Helmet for Reave should be cheap to get.
That said, I strongly recommend you to use the Gem Links I recommend in the Guide. I also laid out the 6l for a Reave for mapping.
It is highly advised to get a 20/20 Blood Rage for the Attack Speed and self cast it. And in general, your are missing Quality on somne of your Mainlinks as well as HoI (the inc Cold Damage is global).
Your Flasks are pretty suboptimal. A perfect or one off perfect Atziris is dirt cheap by now, no Reason to not get it for the free Damage. A Taste of Hate instead of Sins Rebirth will not only offer more DPS, but also a significant Survivability Boost.

Your effective Crit Chance with Reave right now is 86.52%, which is more than enough to see constant Shatters. Be sure to keep your Diamond Flask (and all the other Flasks :P) up constantly while mapping.
That said, if you want more Crit Chance/Freezes and Shatters: path the lower arm of the Primeval Force Cluster (10% Freeze Chance for the loss of 4% WED, which is nothing), drop Fangs of Frost for the whole Fencing Cluster (80% Crit).

That's all that comes to mind for now. Feel free to let me know if that could help you at all :)
"
Guffinn wrote:

Spoiler

"
DashDigital wrote:
Hey!
I recently got myself a farruls fur and a cat amulet. This looks interesting and it seems to me that it should work quite well with farruls. However, this is my first melee character in forever so I would love some thoughts on it. Have you considered or looked into farruls compared to loreweave or belly. I might be able to skip raider and go for pathfinder instead too.
I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts on it.

Dash

Yo dude, ty for considering this Build and gz on the nice Items :)

I played this Build during Bestiary as well, so I tested Farruls a bit.
Obviously it's nice for Damage, and you could go Jugg or ideally PF instead of Raider then.

That said, I don't consider it necessary at all as our DPS is already way overkill.
And importantly, the Life from Farruls kinda sucks. We got enough Damage to steamroll everything, but more Life means more Tankyness AND for a Leech centered Build such as this: Leech scales off of our max Life Amount. So more Life = Stronger Leech.
Couple these things with the fact that these days, getting shoehorned into mediocre random Rares with the Aspect on them, and I won't really recommend Farruls.

It's still great and you probably won't miss anything when using it, but I won't recommend it in the Guide.
Slayer Jugg and Slayer PF are all options, personally I'd go with PF for the good feeling of Flasksustain and way better Pathing than from the Duelist Start.

So yeah, you can use it and go PF for example.
I just don't 100% recommend it, especially considering its price.
Regardless, you will have success with it I bet :P
Feel free to keep us updated on how it goes for you, if you wanna give the Build a shot :)

I leveled this badboy and I'm finally now slowly getting into the mapping and gearing stage. At the moment, I'm using a BR enchanted Tempest's Binding for Reave and chest for BF. Still not sure what I prefer because I'll probably be doing elder UGS for the most part on this character. We'll see how it feels.

So far I'm liking it. The character is still only level 75 so I don't have access to steel rings yet. I'm just using random placeholder rings for now.

The reason I wanted to go for Farrul's is because I got a hold on a fairly sweet amulet:

I went for pathfinder over juggernaut for travel reasons. Accuracy is a bit low now, but I'll be getting it on both rings so it should be fine.

Overall it feels good. Cheers for the build and for the reply as to my tweaks on it. You've been immensely helpful.

Will give a final update when I get the rings sorted and get some levels.

Dash

UPDATE:
I bought a sambar for 30c, spammed 150c at it and exalted WED:
Last edited by DashDigital on Nov 5, 2018, 10:35:53 AM
Hi all; hi Guffinn. First of all, I wanted to say 'thanks' - this build is the furthest I've ever played into PoE, first time getting to maps, and so far it's been a lot of fun and pretty smooth.

I kind of feel like I've hit a wall though - actually, it felt like that fucking endboss was the wall, and I only got past Kitava by essentially suiciding myself into him & his minion waves 20+ times. And Izaro basically one-shot me on my one attempt to get through Merciless Labyrinth. : \

Since folks in this thread seem willing, would someone mind taking a look at my shit and seeing if there's anything immediately glaringly obvious I need to change? (I have a Tabula Rasa, but dropping the Life/Resist on my chest feels suicidal when I'm already nearly dying on almost every pack in T1/T2 maps).

...also I'm aware having my CwDT in the Moonbender's is *not great*, what with the Lightning Warp triggering at inopportune times, just... not sure what to do about it. >_<

Thanks in advance.

Addendum - I happened to luck into Hrimsorrow & Oskarm gloves, and Ungil's Harmony amulet; dunno if any of them would be worthwhile to try and fit in while I'm still trying to assemble some semblance of a worthy kit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info