[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Guffin said it is not good as a starter, since it get´s kinda expensive fast. :)
BUT .. I used it a a starter, and it was fine. As long as you have a reliable way of earning currency quite early in the league.

@Guffin:
Now that the league has ended for me... I guess it´s time to say "Thank you" again for this awesome build and the time you took to answer all thise silly questions of mine :)
I had an awesome ride this season with doing content that I was never able to do so far.

This being said, I´d like to use it again next season... I really hope this guide will be still around by then. (I remember that little talk we had about maintenance ;) )

Best wishes mate!
Last edited by ThngsLikeThis on Nov 18, 2018, 12:09:59 PM
I really enjoyed this build up until I peaked around 5k damage. The blood rage effect means I am constantly having to hit health potions and the damage on full life gem is useless because i am constantly going down in health.

Still waiting for advice on what I am doing wrong.

-No, I am not assuming the guide is bad
-Yes, I understand there is some user error here
-No, this is not a critique of the guide
-No, this is not a personal attack

I merely want to know where I am going wrong so badly that this isn't working for me.

I have 90% of the gems you suggest. Working on getting the gear where I can afford it.

"
cosper123 wrote:
I really enjoyed this build up until I peaked around 5k damage. The blood rage effect means I am constantly having to hit health potions and the damage on full life gem is useless because i am constantly going down in health.

I merely want to know where I am going wrong so badly that this isn't working for me.

I have 90% of the gems you suggest. Working on getting the gear where I can afford it.

Your gear is total shit, reread 1st post in topic lol.
Well kid, anything in particular? Specifics would be helpful, as I have read the first post and am following his advice to upgrade where I can. Take for example the belly of the beast armor he recommended...in the first post...and the stat stick...these are my first two upgrades and am continuing as I can afford.

Sorry, only been playing for 4 months now so things are not as obvious to me as they may to you, little man. Thanks for the insightful post which really didn't offer much other than highlighting your need for attention and probably human contact.
Hello! Thanks for writing this guide. I've only recently started playing PoE semi-seriously (Diablo Immortal Blah Blah) and finished all Acts the 1st time with this build. I've only recently started doing maps now and got my 1st exalt orb (which seems like a lot to me). Any tips on what to use it on upgrade-wise?
"
cosper123 wrote:
Well kid, anything in particular?

NaneLz might have been a bit flippant about it, but his advice is better than anyone here can give you besides Guffin, and Guff already did that in the first post ;-)

You've got the belly and the watchers going for you, stat stick is ok too and 3 x +50 Life Abyss jewels will do just fine when you need them. The rest I'm afraid you're going to have to replace asap. Basically looks like you glanced at the guide from time to time and picked some juicy items out of it to upgrade without trying to understand the bigger picture. All the info, trade links etc. are ready and waiting :)

Since there is so much you need to change, I'll give you some starters:
0. Read the guide and FAQ 5-10x and make at least one change each time, then read it another 10x and maybe also the first 10 pages of comments...
Repeat the above if you still don't feel good about your character.

If that's too much work, do the above anyway, and then:
1. Correct your passive tree, it doesn't resemble any tree from the guide, use the level 68 tree since I'm guessing you didn't do Uber Lab yet - also, you took Vaal Pact already, but you probably shouldn't have yet given you don't have much HP (details in the guide) - part of the reason you feel like having 4 life flasks
2. Cap your resists at 75 each - with 44/61/44 I'm surprised you can finish Act 10 like that
3. Even a crap Wasps Nest will almost double your damage, use the trade links - 1c
4. Re-colour your belly and use the correct gems, this will cost a few chromatics and it's almost staggering to think you haven't done it :(
5. While we are on the gems, you don't have near 90% of them- you need to go back to the gems section and fix a lot - you have some that also make no sense... poison, fire...
6. More on gems, you have no clear skill? The pseudo 6-link helm can be dirt cheap (<10c), trade links are there for it, using BF to clear anything other than mines is a waste of your time - even the monsters will get bored
7. Get some levels, you need the life and skill points - 73 is really low

There is too much and I'm missing valuable game time - if you focus on item "0" hard enough then you'll fix all your problems. I was able to go deep into red maps with only the league start gear, no belly or watchers etc. my entire setup wasn't worth a fraction of the cost of your belly. You can look at my character from Standard, it puts out more than 10x the damage of your current setup, probably much more if I looked in POB. I only stopped gearing it to play in Delve.

Last edited by eaglecnt on Nov 19, 2018, 5:52:05 AM
"
cosper123 wrote:
Well kid, anything in particular? Specifics would be helpful, as I have read the first post and am following his advice to upgrade where I can. Take for example the belly of the beast armor he recommended...in the first post...and the stat stick...these are my first two upgrades and am continuing as I can afford.

Sorry, only been playing for 4 months now so things are not as obvious to me as they may to you, little man. Thanks for the insightful post which really didn't offer much other than highlighting your need for attention and probably human contact.

Kid, yikes... About specyfics, man listen me, Guffin made problably most detailed build guide on whole forum , you have starter section with trade links, then you can find infos what to upgrade next also with trade link and rest detailed to maxiumum. And dont use excuse that you are playing for 4 months only, you failed badly with understanding what you are reading ability, and this aint game skill.
Last edited by NaneLz on Nov 19, 2018, 6:34:15 AM
"
NaneLz wrote:
Heya!

I've decided to give your build a shot in next league. Just tell me its solid league starter? Also I prefer to run maps with IQ setup since I suck at making currency and only this way i can make big amount of money to do crazy things and enjoy endgame without worries.

Of course I use 2 items setup iq and normal ones for harder content, and I wonder if this build will fit in this system ? :P

Ive planed to make this bulid in delve after some crazy drops like
which would suit nicely to this char but lost motivation at some point.

Yo dude, thanks for the interest in my Guide :)

As for the League Start: like ThngsLikeThis said, I usually don't recommend it to people.
I myself league started with it 3 Times and had no Problems at all, and like you can see in the 60c Video it performs okay with shit gear.
But I'm a bit more experienced with the Build and Scion levelling than quite some people I guess.

Many other Builds will have a smoother Time at a League Start, getting more Safety/Speed/Damage earlier on.
While I myself never had a hard time mapping in shit gear etc., there is no denying that a VDS Champ (both VDS and Champ carry shit gear like crazy), any Spell Totems/Mines/Traps, Summoners or an RT Sunder Build will have a smoother/easier Time.
Scions also level harder than all the other ascendancies due to weak Nodes in the early levels, as so much is spent on travelling Nodes before you get your Uber Lab.

I won't try to deter you from playing it at a League Start: it can certainly work and did for me (and others like ThngsLikeThis), but it won't be the best in the early stages.
If you play multiple Characters anyways in a League, I'd recommend doing it as a 2nd Character :)

And big gz on the Corrupted Blood Meek, that's something I wish I had on Standard :D

Regardless of how/when you decide to play the Build, I'll hope to see you around next League :)

"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
Spoiler
Guffin said it is not good as a starter, since it get´s kinda expensive fast. :)
BUT .. I used it a a starter, and it was fine. As long as you have a reliable way of earning currency quite early in the league.

@Guffin:
Now that the league has ended for me... I guess it´s time to say "Thank you" again for this awesome build and the time you took to answer all thise silly questions of mine :)
I had an awesome ride this season with doing content that I was never able to do so far.

This being said, I´d like to use it again next season... I really hope this guide will be still around by then. (I remember that little talk we had about maintenance ;) )

Best wishes mate!

Hey mate, thanks for sticking through with the Build :D

There were no "silly" questions, it's all fine :) Really glad you enjoyed the Build and that it allowed you to do some fun new Stuff!
Thanks for the kind words.

Regarding the Maintenance: right now it's fine since the League has calmed down. But I fear the League start will be... "interesting" again.

The Guide will stay up tho, so if you wanna give it a shot again: I'd be happy to see you around :)
Maybe give the Molten Strike or Spectral Throw Versions a shot for a bit!

"
cosper123 wrote:

Hey mate, I actually skimmed over your last 2 Forum PMs.

It's just that I mostly try to not do Support Ingame or via PM. Not ingame because I actually wanna play when I'm ingame and can't take the required time like that. Not via Forum PM because I like it being public so that others might learn from it if they have the same questions/problems.

As to why you didn't get a reply: I'm simply a bit stressed these past few weeks with real Life etc. It can take a lot of time to analyze what's going wrong with a persons Character and then writing a reply, and I simply didn't have/didn't want to take that time.
I saw your PMs, but didn't have the time to reply then and forgot about it.

Thanks for not assuming the Guide/Build is bad :) In the earlier PMs it came off as that (to me), but that was simply a communication issue between us I guess, and with me being a bit stressed I probably overreacted. But I think we're past that :)

As for the assumptions I made about "what [you] did and didn't do":
my "assumption" stands. You do not follow the Guide and/or fail to comprehend it.
That's not meant as an Insult.

But everything you do on that Character is far off from the Guide.
Your Skilltree, your Items (xcept Belly, Watchers and a Statstick), your Gems.
That's more or less everything that makes up a Build, and you followed next to nothing of it from this Guide. Compare the Skilltrees, compare the Items, compare the Gemchoices. You will see only marginal similarities, but a lot of differences. That is what you need to fix :)

I get that you are new to PoE and that it can be complex and overwhelming. That said, this Guide is pretty in depth about many Aspects of the Build (as indepth as I can be, there is a 50k Letter Limit and I'm always at 49,9k so additions/changes are hard to do), and EVERYTHING I would tell you now is already covered in the Guide.
I don't see a reason to type it out twice. Go to the league start gear and get the Items there, following the trade Links. Most Uniques cost 1c or so, the Rares not more than 10c.
And fix your Gems and Skilltree as explained, get your Lab etc.

If you didn't already, I'd recommend you to take a look at these Things:
Beginner Video Guide Series by EE (slightly outdated in Places but 99.9% functional)
Guides about helpful Tools by EE
There are scripts for all of these Videos in the Description, if Text is more to your liking. He also has Guides for the Labyrinth and other Endgame Mechanics.
And lastly:
The Twilight Strand Google Doc
is also an invaluable Help for new players.

Hope that covers it.

"
cosper123 wrote:

You have to understand that the "specifics" would be everything in the Guide. You miss a lot, like I said earlier, so there is nothing extremely specific to point out.

Again, I mean no harm when saying this. It's just that doing things like assembling a shopping List for you or something would serve no purpose, when all of that is already in the Guide.

"
eaglecnt wrote:
Spoiler
NaneLz might have been a bit flippant about it, but his advice is better than anyone here can give you besides Guffin, and Guff already did that in the first post ;-)

You've got the belly and the watchers going for you, stat stick is ok too and 3 x +50 Life Abyss jewels will do just fine when you need them. The rest I'm afraid you're going to have to replace asap. Basically looks like you glanced at the guide from time to time and picked some juicy items out of it to upgrade without trying to understand the bigger picture. All the info, trade links etc. are ready and waiting :)

Since there is so much you need to change, I'll give you some starters:
0. Read the guide and FAQ 5-10x and make at least one change each time, then read it another 10x and maybe also the first 10 pages of comments...
Repeat the above if you still don't feel good about your character.

If that's too much work, do the above anyway, and then:
1. Correct your passive tree, it doesn't resemble any tree from the guide, use the level 68 tree since I'm guessing you didn't do Uber Lab yet - also, you took Vaal Pact already, but you probably shouldn't have yet given you don't have much HP (details in the guide) - part of the reason you feel like having 4 life flasks
2. Cap your resists at 75 each - with 44/61/44 I'm surprised you can finish Act 10 like that
3. Even a crap Wasps Nest will almost double your damage, use the trade links - 1c
4. Re-colour your belly and use the correct gems, this will cost a few chromatics and it's almost staggering to think you haven't done it :(
5. While we are on the gems, you don't have near 90% of them- you need to go back to the gems section and fix a lot - you have some that also make no sense... poison, fire...
6. More on gems, you have no clear skill? The pseudo 6-link helm can be dirt cheap (<10c), trade links are there for it, using BF to clear anything other than mines is a waste of your time - even the monsters will get bored
7. Get some levels, you need the life and skill points - 73 is really low

There is too much and I'm missing valuable game time - if you focus on item "0" hard enough then you'll fix all your problems. I was able to go deep into red maps with only the league start gear, no belly or watchers etc. my entire setup wasn't worth a fraction of the cost of your belly. You can look at my character from Standard, it puts out more than 10x the damage of your current setup, probably much more if I looked in POB. I only stopped gearing it to play in Delve.

What eagle said basically.

Ty for writing that out so fast :)

Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 19, 2018, 4:41:29 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
NaneLz wrote:
Heya!

I've decided to give your build a shot in next league. Just tell me its solid league starter? Also I prefer to run maps with IQ setup since I suck at making currency and only this way i can make big amount of money to do crazy things and enjoy endgame without worries.

Of course I use 2 items setup iq and normal ones for harder content, and I wonder if this build will fit in this system ? :P

Ive planed to make this bulid in delve after some crazy drops like
which would suit nicely to this char but lost motivation at some point.

Yo dude, thanks for the interest in my Guide :)

As for the League Start: like ThngsLikeThis said, I usually don't recommend it to people.
I myself league started with it 3 Times and had no Problems at all, and like you can see in the 60c Video it performs okay with shit gear.
But I'm a bit more experienced with the Build and Scion levelling than quite some people I guess.

Many other Builds will have a smoother Time at a League Start, getting more Safety/Speed/Damage earlier on.
While I myself never had a hard time mapping in shit gear etc., there is no denying that a VDS Champ (both VDS and Champ carry shit gear like crazy), any Spell Totems/Mines/Traps, Summoners or an RT Sunder Build will have a smoother/easier Time.
Scions also level harder than all the other ascendancies due to weak Nodes in the early levels, as so much is spent on travelling Nodes before you get your Uber Lab.

I won't try to deter you from playing it at a League Start: it can certainly work and did for me (and others like ThngsLikeThis), but it won't be the best in the early stages.
If you play multiple Characters anyways in a League, I'd recommend doing it as a 2nd Character :)

And big gz on the Corrupted Blood Meek, that's something I wish I had on Standard :D

Regardless of how/when you decide to play the Build, I'll hope to see you around next League :)

Thanks for reply!

In delve I started as MF power siphon, while making atlas any boss kill past t10 was really tought and gearing was stupidly expensive. Still I succeed that way,so I think picking your build is not a bad idea then ;)

It may sounds stupid for you, but making one character from 0 to really end game is fun and entertaining for me. That was also reason why I gave up on making it now, when I have alot of currency, its just way less fun when I have all stuff ready to equip.

I guess wearing MF items for mapping is also okay with decent weaps and 6L?
Last edited by NaneLz on Nov 19, 2018, 5:25:49 PM
"
NaneLz wrote:
Thanks for reply!

In delve I started as MF power siphon, while making atlas any boss kill past t10 was really tought and gearing was stupidly expensive. Still I succeed that way,so I think picking your build is not a bad idea then ;)

It may sounds stupid for you, but making one character from 0 to really end game is fun and entertaining for me. That was also reason why I gave up on making it now, when I have alot of currency, its just way less fun when I have all stuff ready to equip.

I guess wearing MF items for mapping is also okay with decent weaps and 6L?

Cool to hear that :D

I actually have a similar approach, as I only play 1 or at maximum 2 characters per League but really push these.

Completely forgot about the MF part.
Sure, it'll be fine for most stuff.

Goldwyrms are easiest to fit in, then a good Shaped Quant Amulet (maybe with one of Phys/WED/Multi/Accuracy), Sadimas is a big-ish DPS loss over Tombfists sadly, but Frenzy and Crit corruptions are cheap to get, Ventors/white Pariahs are a huge DPS loss.
You could even wear a Greed's Embrace if you wanted to :P

T16s might be tough, but other than that you should be fine. Actually I can try out some T16s later in MF gear and tell you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info