[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Thank you Guffin and eaglecnt for the thoughtful advice.

I had rationalized my alternate gem choices on the previous armor I owned which delt with poison boosting and such, and didn't bother to reread the guide after that point.

Nanelz yes I can easily rationalize that I have only played for 4 months because I play for probably 10-15 hours a week, due to other obligations. I am by many measures a casual player.

With all of that having been said, I clearly made some decisions in arrogance. Apparently, not as arrogant as Nanelz though :p

Thanks guys for the advice, I am taking it to heart and will read more carefully next season. I really appreciate you guys letting me know specifically where I went wrong, as so much is going wrong on my end I wasn't quite sure how to filter out the biggest nonsense.

This really is a fun build even gimped, I can't wait to see it in all of its glory.

Guffinn I cannot imagine how much work you have put into this guide, thank you so much for sharing.
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
NaneLz wrote:
Thanks for reply!

In delve I started as MF power siphon, while making atlas any boss kill past t10 was really tought and gearing was stupidly expensive. Still I succeed that way,so I think picking your build is not a bad idea then ;)

It may sounds stupid for you, but making one character from 0 to really end game is fun and entertaining for me. That was also reason why I gave up on making it now, when I have alot of currency, its just way less fun when I have all stuff ready to equip.

I guess wearing MF items for mapping is also okay with decent weaps and 6L?

Cool to hear that :D

I actually have a similar approach, as I only play 1 or at maximum 2 characters per League but really push these.

Completely forgot about the MF part.
Sure, it'll be fine for most stuff.

Goldwyrms are easiest to fit in, then a good Shaped Quant Amulet (maybe with one of Phys/WED/Multi/Accuracy), Sadimas is a big-ish DPS loss over Tombfists sadly, but Frenzy and Crit corruptions are cheap to get, Ventors/white Pariahs are a huge DPS loss.
You could even wear a Greed's Embrace if you wanted to :P

T16s might be tough, but other than that you should be fine. Actually I can try out some T16s later in MF gear and tell you.

Thats all I wanted to know :P I use full iq setup only for maps with juicy cards and for t15-16 I use tombfist as gloves since there is no need to stack so much iq and it gives nice balance dps/mf stats.

Final update:

I'm having a blast at level 94 atm. I've been doing beefy elder haunted mansions to level and started doing boss kills at level 94. Not sure if I want to level further. We'll see.

I settled for those rings because it costs a hella lot of money to get steel/opal rings with accuracy, WED and flat phys with life as well. I really don't need more damage.

If you're doing a shaped atlas then I recommend a brighter map like haunted mansion over underground sea. It can be a bit hard to see where monsters are and your range isn't the biggest compared to deadeye TS and builds like that. I ended up leaving stranglers here and there and it was a bit annoying.

I can HIGH recommend this build if you do have a Farrul's Fur and are looking for a build to use it with. It's easy to integrate and works very well.
However, I 100% agree with Guffinn that Farrul's Fur isn't recommendable for the build unless you already have one. While it does make you go faster and the charge generation is good on bosses, it doesn't actually add much to the build for the price and it leaves you a bit low on hp for volatiles and bearers if you're taking this build all the way to level 100. Also the 80 max res on loreweave is crazy good.

Over all 10/10 build to sink money into.

Well done, Guffinn! Keep up the good work.
Last edited by DashDigital on Nov 21, 2018, 7:31:35 AM
Thanks for this guide. I will try it next league for my main character. 🙂👍
Great build guide, I will be trying this out for Betrayal league start!
Are there other ascendancy choices? Maybe jugg or champion + raider?

Edit: Can someone take a look at my character and give me any possible upgrades I can make? Im currently level 83 doing t13 maps though I do feel a bit weak for reave and bf
Last edited by MistaChun on Nov 22, 2018, 5:51:49 AM
Would the build work as duelist slayer?
IGN: Wolfshen
Love the guide. Really one of the best I've seen in a while, insanely well written and detailed!
Will start this for 3.5 if things dont get nerf. So thanks for that!

How do you feel about a Mark of the elder ring and some sharper ring with good stats or maybe assassins mark on hit on?

And with Winter Spirit and with a moonbender or watchers eye, we get around 75-90% conversion. Is there any point in getting the last % to reach 100?
"
cosper123 wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you Guffin and eaglecnt for the thoughtful advice.

I had rationalized my alternate gem choices on the previous armor I owned which delt with poison boosting and such, and didn't bother to reread the guide after that point.

Nanelz yes I can easily rationalize that I have only played for 4 months because I play for probably 10-15 hours a week, due to other obligations. I am by many measures a casual player.

With all of that having been said, I clearly made some decisions in arrogance. Apparently, not as arrogant as Nanelz though :p

Thanks guys for the advice, I am taking it to heart and will read more carefully next season. I really appreciate you guys letting me know specifically where I went wrong, as so much is going wrong on my end I wasn't quite sure how to filter out the biggest nonsense.

This really is a fun build even gimped, I can't wait to see it in all of its glory.

Guffinn I cannot imagine how much work you have put into this guide, thank you so much for sharing.

If you decide to give the Build a shot next League, I recommend really folliwig the Levelling Trees outlined in the Guide, and getting most of the "League Start/Beginner Gear" Stuff when you go into maps etc.

If you really decide to give it a shot again, I'd be happy to help. Sucks we hit it off so bad, but gl and hf :)

"
NaneLz wrote:
Thats all I wanted to know :P I use full iq setup only for maps with juicy cards and for t15-16 I use tombfist as gloves since there is no need to stack so much iq and it gives nice balance dps/mf stats.

I played some T16s with full MF Gear recently on the Character, and it worked pretty good. But for Characters that don't have a HH/good Claw + Stat Stick etc., I recommend fiddling around in PoB with MF Items and finding the Balance you spoke about.

Gl and hf mate :) Feel free to let us know how it goes for you next League, if you decide to give it a shot!

"
DashDigital wrote:
Final update:

I'm having a blast at level 94 atm. I've been doing beefy elder haunted mansions to level and started doing boss kills at level 94. Not sure if I want to level further. We'll see.

I settled for those rings because it costs a hella lot of money to get steel/opal rings with accuracy, WED and flat phys with life as well. I really don't need more damage.

If you're doing a shaped atlas then I recommend a brighter map like haunted mansion over underground sea. It can be a bit hard to see where monsters are and your range isn't the biggest compared to deadeye TS and builds like that. I ended up leaving stranglers here and there and it was a bit annoying.

I can HIGH recommend this build if you do have a Farrul's Fur and are looking for a build to use it with. It's easy to integrate and works very well.
However, I 100% agree with Guffinn that Farrul's Fur isn't recommendable for the build unless you already have one. While it does make you go faster and the charge generation is good on bosses, it doesn't actually add much to the build for the price and it leaves you a bit low on hp for volatiles and bearers if you're taking this build all the way to level 100. Also the 80 max res on loreweave is crazy good.

Over all 10/10 build to sink money into.

Well done, Guffinn! Keep up the good work.

Yo dude, cool to hear from you again.

Very cool to hear you are having fun (and success) with the Build :)

As for the map Choice: yes the default Reave Colours leave something to be desired. The Demonic Reave effect gives a much more clear Indication of how big our AoE is.
But the more you play, the more you get accustomed to the Area. Personally I levelled to 100 in UGS with Reave and had no problems.

That said, I'd recommend to give something like this a shot if you want more Area:

The Damage will still be fine, like you said. And the Inc AoE is pretty damn noticeable and feels good.

As for the Rings: Steels and Opals are BiS for sure, but not required. Rings such as these, even tho being inferior Bases, are still hella fine and don't cost too much (even on Standard):

The Endgame Trade Links return pretty good Rings for 5ex and below on STD for me atm.

Regarding the Farruls Fur, I will include it in the Overhaul(s) I do in the coming week(s) for the new League. Since Bestiary goes core again, and we still have the Cards, it's time to include some Notes about it.
I recommend against using Loreweave for the Reasons I explained in the FAQ.

Thanks for the kind words, and also for sharing your Experience with us here :) Always a pleasure to hear what other people think about the Build.

"
psicopata222 wrote:
Thanks for this guide. I will try it next league for my main character. 🙂👍

"
Artfulx wrote:
Great build guide, I will be trying this out for Betrayal league start!

Ty for the trust in the Guide, Guys :)

Be sure to check the Guide again at the end of next Week and after the Patch Notes came out. I'm gonna make some Changes/Updates the following days and then I'll have to adapt to any eventual Changes/Nerfs/Buffs from 3.5, so some Stuff will change.

I hope to see you around soon then, Gl and hf in Betrayal!

"
MistaChun wrote:
Are there other ascendancy choices? Maybe jugg or champion + raider?

Edit: Can someone take a look at my character and give me any possible upgrades I can make? Im currently level 83 doing t13 maps though I do feel a bit weak for reave and bf

Sure, you can go a lot of different ways theoretically. Slayer should just always be a staple due to the Overleech, but in case that gets nerfed in 3.5 we'll have to adapt. Builds like Mohnsharohs Flicker don't rely on Overleech already tho, so we should be fine in any case.

Slayer Jugg and Slayer PF are the most common choices.
Both will have less DPS and speed (Slayer Jugg significantly less) than Slayer Raider, but have their small Advantages.
I plan to include these possibilities in the Build Variations in the next few Days, but that's a lot of work to do.

As for the Upgrades to make: I'm currently short on time but I will edit this Post later when I'm back home and tell you what I can find.

"
Sherkkan wrote:
Would the build work as duelist slayer?

Yes, but it would be worse in many Regards.

Pathing to Claws from the Duelist Start isn't too efficient, going for Foils usually does you a better Job as a Duelist.
Damage and mapping Speed will be significantly lower than this Version here. But the Damage is overkill either way, so you should be fine if you really want to go "normal" Slayer :)

"
TraceTheDawn wrote:
Love the guide. Really one of the best I've seen in a while, insanely well written and detailed!

How do you feel about a Mark of the elder ring and some sharper ring with good stats or maybe assassins mark on hit on?

And with Winter Spirit and with a moonbender or watchers eye, we get around 75-90% conversion. Is there any point in getting the last % to reach 100?

Yo dude, thanks for the compliments :)

Mark of the Elder + a shaped Ring is okay, but not recommendable. 2 Good Rares will ALWAYS beat that easily, and getting good shaped Rings is hella hard. By doing that you force yourself into a Gear Choice that is hard to switch away from/Upgrade while being far from optimal.

It IS good, and a solid Choice if you don't wanna play a Character for too long or invest too much time into Gearing.
But 2 Rares will always be better.

As for the Conversion, that's answered in the FAQ. Also, endgame we use a Watchers Eye + Winters Spirit and no Moonbenders.

Hope that about covers it :)

"
TraceTheDawn wrote:

"
Guffinn wrote:
Yo dude, thanks for the compliments :)

Mark of the Elder + a shaped Ring is okay, but not recommendable. 2 Good Rares will ALWAYS beat that easily, and getting good shaped Rings is hella hard. By doing that you force yourself into a Gear Choice that is hard to switch away from/Upgrade while being far from optimal.

It IS good, and a solid Choice if you don't wanna play a Character for too long or invest too much time into Gearing.
But 2 Rares will always be better.

As for the Conversion, that's answered in the FAQ. Also, endgame we use a Watchers Eye + Winters Spirit and no Moonbenders.

Hope that about covers it :)

Thanks mate!
Didnt see the FAQ, my bad.
But cant wait to use this build for 3.5, just hope they dont touch anything about it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info