Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Thanks!
Thank you!
Very good news.

It's just a pain to keep track of all the beasts you have and which one is valuable and to sell.
I am very sad to hear this. While the Bestiary league felt more like a beta test than a temp league, the mechanic itself certainly had a lot of merit to it.

Caring for something else than layout and divination card drops when choosing you maps was definitely a welcome change and an avenue that I hope GGG keeps exploring.
A bit disappointing. Can't have 90% skippable Bestiary but can have 100% mandatory Labyrinth?
Good decision. Thanks
I loved Bestiary, but I don't think it was a great fit to be merged in as a permanent part of the game.

I think, for something to be merged in, it needs to be possible to shrink it down to being a small thing rather than dominating the game. e.g. Abysses, we only see them in Act 6 onwards, and not that often. Breaches, only in maps, and again not that often.

How would that work with Bestiary? Would take massive surgery, e.g. removing all capturing of non-yellow/red beasts and rewriting recipes to only use those.

Similar to how Perandus coins and chests didn't make the main game - if you make a Perandus chest an occasional thing like an Abyss or Breach, how does anyone ever gather enough coins to buy something when Cadiro pops up?

TL;DR - Bestiary was a great league, but not a great mechanic to make permanent.
"
Dahaur wrote:
A bit disappointing. Can't have 90% skippable Bestiary but can have 100% mandatory Labyrinth?

Labyrinth was never a league mechanic. It's not even designed in a way that would have allowed it to be. As a concept it's far more of a core game feature than some extra mobs and an unnecessary crafting system.
Let's put it this way: it was a nice experiment, let's hope for a future bestiary 2.0 that fixes all the issues...
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
I would've bet it was going core, at least some of it... but you made the right call imho.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info