Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

While I didn't enjoy the whole crafting too much, it was too complicated / confusing. I enjoyed alot of the other elements. Especially please bring the Beastiary back. I even would catch beasts just to fill it up ;)
Initial teething pains aside I enjoyed bestiary well enough, though it didn't really excite me too much.

While there were some interesting core elements that I really liked, I found the implementation of the league very clunky. Most off the issues I had with the league have been addressed In the original post but there are a few I'd like to add

Low power crafting
Proportionally there was a huge amount of low-end crafts designed for assisting the levelling process. While I understand this is useful as a early game method for targeted crafting all it ever did for me was obfuscate all of the more interesting and powerful crafts that the league offers. As a result every time you opened up your beastiary you saw a wall of stuff that you effectively have no interest in interacting with. (this was somewhat remedied by the list changes). I think this made it difficult for a lot of players to engage with the league as they just couldn't see the value of beasts.

"Targeted" farming
I think its clear that part of the point of the league was give the player the option to farm high value mobs to craft with or sell. Also its clear GGG is trying to slow down the gameplay a bit by adding interesting encounters that players want to stop and interact with. However the rarity of the better beast meant that in reality the best way to play the league was to catch every bloody beast mob you came across and then return to your beastiary to see if you have any good crafts. As a result there wasn't any real reason to fully interact with the mechanic thus defeating the purpose of the league mechanic

RNG gated endgame
I really like the idea of the mini bosses and they're associated gear sets, I thought they were really well designed items and added lots of fun stuff to build around. However I only ever encountered the Bird and the crab boss, Granted I only levelled one character to 90+ this league but it still seemed a bit low.

In all I just found the league very difficult to engage with, from finding recipes and trying to figure out what beast are worth my while, I eventually just got bored of interacting with the league mechanic and played the game effectively like standard league.

Currently slowly levelling in Flashback, looking forward to the next league announcement.

I am honestly blown away that they listened to player feedback on this one and are not introducing this crap league to the core game.

Really uplifting to see, given the poor decisions made lately in regards to leagues. If they could just finish a league before releasing it I would probably have complete restoration of faith in GGG's work.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
I support this decision. Bestiary clearly had lots of effort put into it. I just don't see it adding anything to the core game.

Lots of sarcasm. Please skip.
Spoiler
Good-bye beastcrafting. I tried the "Create or Reroll a Rare Two-Hand Mace with No Physical Damage Mods" recipe. It was underwhelming.

Good riddance to Necromancy Nets. If your build cannot handle the mechanics you have chosen the wrong build for this challenge league.

Go to hell Farric Tiger Alphas. I will never complain about identifying items with two Abyssal Sockets again.

I can understand your reasoning, but unlike most people i had tons of fun in Bestiary, and i'm sad. I tried SSF cause i thought the crafting would make it easier, and it did. I grinded beasts for hours, to sacrifice them for my greedy needs, and if one beastcraft nets a good result, thats something ive never experienced with any league mechanic, even dropping trash to treasure 2 days in trade league wasnt that good. Please, rework it a bit and look at this mechaninc from a ssf PoV. love u guys <3
ggg, if you keep removing everything you do. You'll eventually loose all veterans, because they simply aren't content with the minimal content updates. You have to keep atleast something of what you do after being funded by your community for 4 months.

Next league will be the same shit as always, and you are gonna remove that to.

Honestly, I playd so much poe, I need more. A "fun" mechanic is simply not enough.

I need ALL the content, if you keep cutting content you work on for decades, I'll not see myself playing poe for any longer... sadly. But it simply bores me, if every league is the same shit as before.

This game should be getting progressively better. If you keep going backward to step 0, why would I comeback?

tl:dr stop it GGG, everysingletime you cut most of what you do???

Legacy, gone(huge mechanics, lots of fun), bestiary-gone, Essence-gone.

Like what the FUCK??? all 3 leagues completely gone, what is this ggg. this is almost the same game as a year ago and I simply dont understand that you value new player experience more then people truly invested into your game.

stop it, stick with your mistakes.

sry for the rant, but I am simply mad.
I have an ambivalent attitude to this league. Neither a hater nor a fan.
However, I think it is a good choice due to community negative feedback.
Such a letdown. Bestiary could have been an awesome addition with just a few more tweaks. Some UI changes, auto-targeting for necro nets and perhaps doing something about the menagerie cap could've convinced me this was a true core mechanic. But it was fairly obvious you were just going to dump this since those few tweaks were never implemented in favor of some of the fluff stuff in the last few patch notes.

I'll probably be taking a small break then. I just can't go back to standard without having the recipes for horizon orbs, prophecies and harbingers orbs and all the incredible ways for crafting in combination with meta mods. By abandoning bestiary, these old problems are reintroduced and after being spoiled in the league, that's a hard sell to me. I'll be looking forward to those aforementioned new ways of reïntroducing the crafting options you're now taking away though.
[img]http://s15.postimage.org/ppi19icy3/piggy.gif[/img]
I'll miss the flask suffix crafting.
A bit sad to see all the work you guys put into it just to drop it now but I guess it's for the better
I am well endowed so i don't really care.

I got to abuse this mechanic like HELL so i am happy that no one else will be able to ever again.
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info