Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

"
this make me so mad there plenty people who love bestiary and now its gone? wow all the money i invest in you guys you can keep a simple mode/expansion. i gurantee you guys are filthy rich because of people who nuy $400 dollar packs like myself. im going go now your to frustrating and depression

You think you liked bestiary because you didnt played a real good league, dude. :P

Just relax, read what I said above, and enjoy next leagues. I can tell you tehre is a lot a lot better leagues mechanics to play around. Just let GGG do their job :P

No worries about bestiary, I play this game for 4 years and I can swear to you we're missing not. Bestiary was bad. ;)
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
this make me so mad there plenty people who love bestiary and now its gone? wow all the money i invest in you guys you can keep a simple mode/expansion. i gurantee you guys are filthy rich because of people who nuy $400 dollar packs like myself. im going go now your to frustrating and depression

You think you liked bestiary because you didnt played a real good league, dude. :P

Just relax, read what I said above, and enjoy next leagues. I can tell you tehre is a lot a lot better leagues mechanics to play around. Just let GGG do their job :P

No worries about bestiary, I play this game for 4 years and I can swear to you we're missing not. Bestiary was bad. ;)

Don't feed the trolls. ;-)
It is just a level 1 fake accout to put this statement anonymously.
Safe your beath for real people. :-)
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Synopse wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"

Don't feed the trolls. ;-)
It is just a level 1 fake accout to put this statement anonymously.
Safe your beath for real people. :-)

I didn't realized it was a fake account :D
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
I guess this makes sense. I rarely used beastcrafting unless I got bored and really wanted to find something to do, and then I'd go craft some maps or div cards or something, and when I ran out of those, go back to the regular game. The fact is, unless you're SSF (I'm not), spending 20 minutes rolling an item, when I could just go farm shaped stacked maps for currency and then use that to buy a perfect item, it's just not efficient. The only thing I'll be sad to see go is the beastcraft mods on rare mobs, but I suppose you guys could just integrate the best ones into the already existing nemesis system.

Overall, I can't say I'm too upset to see bestiary go. It was a fun experiment, but that's what it was, an experiment. In order to sustain this long-term and in cooperation with other forthcoming league mods, you'd have to do an amount of tweaking that I don't think is reasonable for what we'd be getting out as end users.

All the best,
Spence
//go next
Glad the beast league is gone. Now, toss the Lab in the shitter and you'll be back on track to greatness.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
Bestiary will miss me :'(
While I found Bestiary ok-ish after the initial wave of adjustments were made, I will not miss Bestiary mechanics as a whole. There is one small part of Bestiary crafting that I will miss though--ability to craft flasks. I hope there will be new way to craft flask rather than spamming Orb of Alteration and hoping you hit right prefix and suffix before running out of orbs.
Well, personally, I rather liked it (didn't love it, but seemed good enough to keep), but since they've driven most of the really good stuff (that had far better community support) only to rare late-game appearances in maps for no valid reason, I'm not surprised by this.

I don't have a problem with altering flasks, but I will miss some of the more advanced recipes, the boss set items, and an easy way to get a batch of 5 prophecies. :) (Yeah, I know, coins are cheap, but I prefer not to trade all the time if I don't have to.)
That's great news. I really hated Bestiary. Never in all my years (since launch) did I get the short end of the stick when it came to drops. Usually take a few hours to sort out the remove only tabs. This league was 20 minutes...
Pretty retarded call imo. PPL are pritty miss leaded when bestiary calls for bad drops, bestiary just showes to league only players how standard drop looks like == nothing, that all is just state of game (GGG constant nerf and interfere with game economy) seems like they try to promote HARD CORE KOREAN GRIND STILE, grind forever then waste on RNG crafting in second, so u have after all just bad taste in mouth, imo PoE crafting is even worse (more grindy and less satisfying) then Archeage...

IMO bestiary was pretty good as addon for SSF at last, these game has rlly rlly terrible drop and without harbinger as core (binding stones), now without bestiary .... SSF pretty much sucks imo.
Last edited by Coolmer on May 31, 2018, 2:59:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info