Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Sorry to say that but Hell yeah, it wont be missed. Time to a new really cool league.
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
Thanks
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Thanks, I'm sorry, I'm sure you worked hard on it. But in all seriousness, FUCK Beastiary.
Thank god.
Honestly, I think the only thing I will really miss from Bestiary League is being able to easily craft my flasks exactly as I want them without having to waste loads and loads of alteration orbs. I'm gonna have to stockpile a stash tab of nicely crafted flasks to transfer over to the core game when the league ends.
I'm continuously impressed by GGG for being this open about their process, there's a reason everyone who partake in what they do just uses them as an example for what a "near perfect" dev'team is.

I'm actually surprised at this decition though, considering how much development, 3D-models (for the uniques) and voiceacting.

As a summoner, I really hope they make the uniques available in the future... It'd be a huge waste of resources throwing away those cool 3D-models. I get that the path to gaining said uniques would have to be entirely different, but I still hope they include it.

I don't think anyone disliked the concept of Beastiary, it's just that the game is so fast nowdays that to stop your progression to first judge a beast, then net it- dead or alive, then travel 2 instances to THEN craft and only THEN might there be a chance for a payoff. The rewards were sadly just essence/perandus/abyss/etc. with a slower reward-system and more work. It's the same reason people didn't enjoy harbingers.

I hope they bring it back in some form or another, only they keep the good parts like actually having scare yellow monsters for once.

Even if I nowdays want to punch Einhar, I don't doubt we'll miss his silly face in the future
Thank god! I really enjoyed Beastiary league but i could never see myself enjoying it as a part of the core game
Such a shame, the Reddit whitchhunt got what they askt for.
Fuck you Reddit, Sincerly.

I enjoyed the league far more then what i´ve enjoyed others in the past, no. We dont factor in Breach here as that´s some sort of golen standard for everyone.

While beast had it´s flaws, and much of it should be removed or just tuned down/up, there are stil lelementls of great value.

Such as the league specific uniques / bosses.
I enjoy hunting down super rare beasts to spawn a portal for a boss... It´s a shame to see all this go to shit and beyond, esp the loot and how cool the spider/tiger fights are.

10/10 would play league again (36/40 done on HC, not completed Menageri yet and i still enjoy it,, sue me!)
zzZzzzZzzZz
I liked the design of the Menagerie, it gave me a huge wow effect when I first entered it.

Thank you for putting so much effort into experimental ideas.
Last edited by Schiriki on May 8, 2018, 5:30:16 AM
You know I enjoyed the concept of Bestiary, and i really liked Einhar so would love to see him incorporated into the main game in at least some way.

But I agree that some of the things it achieves could be done more elegantly in that design space, and the balancing and new player tutorial may just be too overwhelming from a development and new player point of view.

I just wanted to say thanks for being brave and at least trying something different! Along with he open communication and continued drive to push the genre into new frontiers, this is why you guys are my favorite game development company and will continue to have my support! Bring on the supporter packs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info