[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"
Mvwood55 wrote:
Hey so quick question, what is the point of Frost Bomb at end game? I see in the FAQ's that dps is often low due to people forgetting Frost Bomb. I thought that once you have Ancestral Bond (which you get somewhat early) you can no longer deal damage yourself.

for cold resist debuff i guess and proc arcane surge
Hello,
can you please post a new link for the last skill tree. Its stop loading at 97%.
Thx kauz
I like to thank you for sharing this build.
It is the third time i making it from scratch at the start of a new league.

To answer youre question about lightning warp. Using it all the time. Not a shield charge fan :). It works great linked with faster casting and less duration.

I have adjusted some of the build, rearrange some passivs, for more damage (it gets a bit squeezy because of that but then if you know how to play.....)

Here is the PoB link https://pastebin.com/6uvJhaXc if someone want to look at it.

I use vaal summon skeleton for distraction because the build does enough damage and this keeps me staying alive.

A nice add to the build is a snake pit ring. Gives one more projectile. Bought one with a 16@res corruption. Use the extra projectile or replace 1 first snow jewel with one that gives more damage and life. 4 projectiles still enough :)

Currently level 94. Next league i will start again with it.
Have fun.
reee
http://prntscr.com/ln3ugb
I'm so bad, was chilling and here we goes

btw build is pretty, doing well and pretty safe, excluding stupid lab traps^^
"
ReekoS wrote:
Would you mind posting a 3.4 PoB pastebin please? The one listed isn't current and has empty spot when imported into PoB. Thank you very much.

I updated the PoB for 3.4 and its working for me. Can anyone else report a problem?

Skilltrees also load fine for me. I guess there was an issue with the website.

I will update the build once the patchnotes are out. Some changes I have already planned like:
- Shield Charge is out as movement skill
- Vigilant Strike as an option to keep fortify (with jewel)
- Loreweave added as endgame suggestion
- Add Snakepit as ring option
- Delve Helmet with -cold resist
Last edited by VisorX on Nov 28, 2018, 7:03:31 PM
Looking forward to the 3.5 build and new league. Not sure what I'm starting with, but expecting this to be my mapping/mf character.

PoB link and level 90 skill tree load fine for me, and look correct.

Announcement mentioned a new cold support that does extra damage based on how strong something is chilled. Nothing approaching numbers for it yet, but something to keep an eye on.
"
We're adding a new Bonechill Support Gem that causes your chills and chilling areas to increase all cold damage taken proportional to the slow of the chill they cause, with a further bonus for cold damage over time. This means that if a skill with a level 1 Bonechill Support chills an enemy enough to slow them by 21%, they'll have 21% increased cold damage taken and an additional 10% increased cold damage over time taken. This makes Chill Effect even more useful for Cold damage characters.

That's interesting for this build. Frost Bomb + Bonechill + Spell Totem Support? - Single target dps/debuff?

Also it is good to mention it:

"
As part of a number of improvements to Cold skills, we've significantly reworked Arctic Breath for the release of Path of Exile: Betrayal.

"
To let you further invest in Cold Damage Over Time, we've added a new kind of stat, Cold Damage over Time Multiplier. This can be found on new weapon, jewel and shaper mods on items, and on Cold clusters on the passive tree, as well as new notables on the Occultist. This multiplies all of your Cold Damage over Time, giving you another axis of investment. This will help the damage of this build compete with the damage growth of other hit or ailment based skills. All sources of Cold Damage over Time Multiplier add together, then multiply the cold damage over time you deal.

Frost Bomb + Bone Chill certainly seems interesting. You can just case it yourself, don't need Spell Totem.

The Multiple Totems Support seems interesting as well. Most people seem to think it's just to make Totems viable for other ascendancies, but it actually makes it possible for Hierophants to run other utility totems.

If you run Decoy Totem + Multiple Totems, you can place 4 Freezing Pulse Totems and then 2 Decoy Totems (at once) on top of that.
"
VisorX wrote:
Frost Bomb + Bone Chill certainly seems interesting. You can just case it yourself, don't need Spell Totem.

The Multiple Totems Support seems interesting as well. Most people seem to think it's just to make Totems viable for other ascendancies, but it actually makes it possible for Hierophants to run other utility totems.

If you run Decoy Totem + Multiple Totems, you can place 4 Freezing Pulse Totems and then 2 Decoy Totems (at once) on top of that.

I think im too lazy to self cast a frost bomb xD. It is a loss in dps for me. It is a totem build so i will be using totems only for dps.

Frost Bomb has -25% to Cold Resistance, with Frigid Fossil we can craft on helmet "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance" and Frostbite have "Cursed enemies have -(25-44)% to Cold Resistance"

Thats quite nice -xx% to cold resistance on enemys (from -59% to 78%)
I dont know if that would work good for map boss killing or "Cold Resistance is Ignored by Hits" from Vaal Impurity of Ice could be better?

Frost bomb single target dps/debuff would be hard to place in sockets with one handed wepon and shield, it would require a good staff for it. For example: Taryn's Shiver or rare crafted one.

It would be a loss in movement speed for sure.

For example we can have 6 link staff - Frost Bomb + Bone Chill + Spell Totem + Hypothermia + Unbound Ailments + Multiple Totems

That would allow us for 4 Freezing Pulse Totems and 2 Frost Bomb Totems

Still we dont know the path notes, soo we cant tell what in cold spells were buffed, nerfed (possibly freeze) or added (damage over time from chill?).
Last edited by oddawajkapcie on Dec 3, 2018, 3:24:12 PM
Why Projectile Weakness instead of Frostbite? Last one not need Dex.

And if we compare this build to arc totems, why you prefer freeze? I understand, they are different to some degree, but could be nice to hear arguments, why freeze is better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info