[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"
loOlBlizZ wrote:
I was wondering if icespear can replace fp in this build? Thanks in advance for any responses this get.

I'm also wondering about this. Thanks!
"
loOlBlizZ wrote:
I was wondering if icespear can replace fp in this build? Thanks in advance for any responses this get.

Of course. In fact if you don't take snowforged on the tree, the build is pretty much the template for any Crit Spell Totem Hierophant.

Ice spear even is cold+projectile, so you can probably use the same support gems and gear as for FP. The new Ice Spear really could have some potential. Just level one Ice Spear gem in your weapon swap and try it out. And let us know.

"
NicoMatias wrote:
Can you create a brand build?

:D I am a not currently planning on doing brands. And generally I would not publish a build until I tested it myself.

I would just go with a generic spell crit tree and then test out different stuff. As for ascendancy I am not really sure if you would go Hierophant.
sure i will try this with icespear in pob when it updates with the new gems info and use it as starter in sc tomorrow. would a golem in ziggys ring be usefull for EE?
Hi VisorX,

Very nice build, gonna be my betrayal league starter (:

Would this build work with Atziri's Reflection?

Thanks!
Hi there, my only concern about this build is totem survivability. If I dont use soul mantle for the increased 50% totem life increase, wouldn't that make my totems less tanky and die during t13 above maps? How would that be mitigated? I imagine a solution is going down to get the totem life node nearby templar.
Do you think this skill tree will work with winter orb totems?
"
homicide51 wrote:

Yes, together with Soulmantle it's a very strong, and expensive, option.

"
Absol9 wrote:
Hi there, my only concern about this build is totem survivability. If I dont use soul mantle for the increased 50% totem life increase, wouldn't that make my totems less tanky and die during t13 above maps? How would that be mitigated? I imagine a solution is going down to get the totem life node nearby templar.

One advantage over arc totems is that our freeze prevents the totems from getting killed. So totems dying shouldn't be an issue while mapping.

Big bosses that we can't freeze usually do so much damage that having 50% more totem life wouldn't make a big difference. You just have to spam your totems there.

I didn't play totems in Delve, but I heard that totem survivability becomes a problem in very deep delves.

But just for normal mapping, even T16, investing in Totem Life is not worth it in my opinion.

"
homicide51 wrote:

Yes, the tree should work for any Crit Spell Totem build.

You probably want to take the AoE nodes (which are easy to grab).
Brands do not work with totems.
Pretty new to PoE, currently leveling very smoothly.
I like your guide a lot!

But i do not understand this Gem Link:
Frostbomb + Phase Run + Increased Duration
Could you explain this please?
"
TorDaX1 wrote:
Pretty new to PoE, currently leveling very smoothly.
I like your guide a lot!

But i do not understand this Gem Link:
Frostbomb + Phase Run + Increased Duration
Could you explain this please?

One Support Gem can support multiple skill gems. Both Frost Bomb and Phase Run gain the Increased Duration Support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info