[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

my league starter :)
I updated the guide for 3.5.

Hierophant looks really promising with the double totem placement.

Please report if anything is still unclear in the guide or you have other suggestions and questions.

"
Dixxi wrote:
Why Projectile Weakness instead of Frostbite? Last one not need Dex.

And if we compare this build to arc totems, why you prefer freeze? I understand, they are different to some degree, but could be nice to hear arguments, why freeze is better.

Projectile Weakness gives us more damage, even on lower levels. You can test it in Path of Building.

Chilling and freezing your enemies is a safer way to play. Of course Arc Totems is very strong as well, nothing to say against that.
Last edited by VisorX on Dec 5, 2018, 8:54:17 AM
Thanks for the guide VisorX!

I am super curious to play with linking the new Totem support gem with decoy. In theory should get an extra 6% More damage (from 2 Decoy) with the ascendancy. That would give us a total of 5 totems (3 Freeze, 2 Decoy) and then hopefully 6 with the shield enchant.

18%, two placed at a time, and same max number of Freeze totems with the shield seems like a solid buff!
Thoughts on Hierophant vs Ascendant Hiero/Chieftan

Ascendant Chieftain provides leach at the cost of double totem summon. Also covers bosses in ash if you can't freeze them making the chill + covered in ash a lot slower.

With Hierophant only giving +1 totem now I can't seem to think of a reason to go that over Ascendant.
Last edited by Merix on Dec 5, 2018, 10:59:01 AM
"
VisorX wrote:

why I always end up using your guides/tips for league starters?

Ty once again

R.I.P. Inpulsas

"
VisorX wrote:

Would it be possible to update the skill trees? Seems they have not been changed.
Thanks for the guide . Last league tried elemental hit totems , will give this one a go for my starter on Betrayal :)
"
Merix wrote:
Thoughts on Hierophant vs Ascendant Hiero/Chieftan

Ascendant Chieftain provides leach at the cost of double totem summon. Also covers bosses in ash if you can't freeze them making the chill + covered in ash a lot slower.

With Hierophant only giving +1 totem now I can't seem to think of a reason to go that over Ascendant.

Ascendant is certainly a strong enough option to consider now. One of the big advantages is also to place 2 Might of the Meek and 1 Unnatural Instinct around the scion start. These are quite expensive though.

Hierophant gives so much damage and utility (placement speed, power+endurance charges, elepen, damage per kill etc.) and using the Multiple Totems support will hurt your damage a lot as well.
Can you create a brand build?
I was wondering if icespear can replace fp in this build? Thanks in advance for any responses this get.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info