[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"
jimmidenning wrote:
I might be dumb, but how the F*** do i get 5 totems ? :)

You don't, this build uses four totems.
Thanks i was about going crazy about it. The build is so good thx for that...
I gotta say this build is really nice, not only as a league starter either. I wish I had more move speed but it's fine. I use it for Elder killing and lab running, works great for both. In fact red tier elder is just straight up easy mode with this build. My gear isn't even good! Thinking of using this to finally get those HC achievements.

A short video of the red tier elder fight:

Thanks a lot for making my late league start easy and fun!
Last edited by Sinxar on Oct 22, 2018, 11:27:29 PM
"
sephrinx wrote:
You can still crit with controlled destruction, it just cuts the base crit chance in half. It should read "50% reduced crit chance" but it doesn't. So if a spell has a base of 7% crit chance, it is now a base chance of 3.5%.

thx alot that explained it.

Yes i would like the text changed, GGG is usaly very carefull with the texts, i just misunderstood it to 100% reduces is always = 0%

thx
"
AllMud55 wrote:
"
jimmidenning wrote:
I might be dumb, but how the F*** do i get 5 totems ? :)

You don't, this build uses four totems.

5 with soulmantle, but it is glasscanon
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
sephrinx wrote:
You can still crit with controlled destruction, it just cuts the base crit chance in half. It should read "50% reduced crit chance" but it doesn't. So if a spell has a base of 7% crit chance, it is now a base chance of 3.5%.

thx alot that explained it.

Yes i would like the text changed, GGG is usaly very carefull with the texts, i just misunderstood it to 100% reduces is always = 0%

thx

This is wrong, it doesn't cut your base crit chance in half.

Read my explanation that I posted in that long post.

"
VisorX wrote:
In Path of Exile all modifiers that "increase" or "reduce" something get added up. (contrary to modifiers for "more" or less")

When you go for a crit build its not unusual to have something like 400-500 increased critchance (you can get 100% increased on your weapon or shield alone). So 100% reduced critchance would make it 300-400 increased overall, which doesn't actually hurt to too much. Controlled Destruction is still one of the best support gems for DPS even for crit builds. You can test it out in Path of Building.

"
Hello, I am pretty new to this game and this build is helping me quite a lot! I am level 30. Just wanted to ask a question about getting the BBBR 4L in the leveling guide what is the red gem?

Its Spell Totem. We are a totem build after all :P.

"
ert2mars wrote:
really enjoyed the build.
Done pretty much everything except Uber Elder, which I think I won't be able to do with this build.
best part about the build is you can easily run T16 in MF gears.

Upgrade suggestion would be appreciated.
My gear:
Spoiler

There is not much to upgrade if you have done everything except Uber Elder. Gear looks very good.

Probably wouldn't use Kaoms Roots for mapping. If you wanna buff your defenses maybe try to get more mana on gear. Or else improve your MF gear (I assume you have some gearswaps for that).

@Sixar: Glad you are enjoying the build. Thanks for posting the clip :).
Last edited by VisorX on Oct 25, 2018, 7:45:03 AM
I feel like, while difficult, it is not impossible to do uber with this build. My biggest problem thus far is just inexperience with the fight. If I am willing to brick enough sets to get used to what I need to do, I think there is potential to at least kill it, though it will be a painful experience and unnecessarily long.
Biggest problem with the uber elder fight is that you are gonna take some damage. Most builds either rely on a lot of regen or a lot of leech. Also MoM is not that helpful when we are low on mana and we are not gonna regen that fast, and then the risk of being one shot is big. It's not gonna be impossible, people have done it on Arc/GC Hierophants, but it's gonna be very difficult.
Is it wise to replace one of the ring with essence worm to run Herald of Ice?
"
Sphere123 wrote:
Is it wise to replace one of the ring with essence worm to run Herald of Ice?

Herald of Ice is totally not worth sacrificing a ring slot. If you would run essence worm, you would probably choose Wrath or Haste, but I wouldn't go for it unless you really don't know what to do with your second ring slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info