[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Was looking over the build and found somthing that dont make any sence to me

The Freezing Pulse is linked with Controlled Destruction (Supported Skills have 100% reduced Critical Strike Chance) and therefore there will be no crits, but the skilltree is full of crit and crit multi??

Something is wrong here or plz explain how this work !

Main skill: Spell Totem - Freezing Pulse - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Cold Penetration
- If you want your projectiles to travel farther, you can use Faster Projectiles, it also means the damage doesn't fall off that fast.

If you dont go fore Snowforged, but fore celestrial jugdement and Punishment this Spelltotem build can cast anything, making it very funny to swap main spell out for something els, just for the omg i want something new (still totem ofc).

Atm I'm lvl 30 and i find arc better then Freezing Pulse
You can still crit with controlled destruction, it just cuts the base crit chance in half. It should read "50% reduced crit chance" but it doesn't. So if a spell has a base of 7% crit chance, it is now a base chance of 3.5%.
~ Seph
Hello!

Thanks for the build, I'm really having a blast with it.

Here's my current gear, what upgrades should I look for?

Spoiler

Also, what's the best thing to do with the remaining skill points at our disposition?

I'm thinking Celestial Judgement and Heart of Ice for cold damage/penetration, or maybe 3x Grand Spectrum jewels for 108% increased elemental damage?
First , one more time , Nice build man thanks
That is my itens.If you have any tips on where I can improve I am accepting

Spoiler

Some questions:
Projectile Weakness is better than Frostbite?
Why use Vortex? "CDT>IC>Enfeeble>Vortex?"
Was on vacation for a week. Now I can respond to you guys.

"
gabriella88 wrote:
Hey again. If i use a saffels frame i use the crit tho. So is it worth it? /Gabbi

Of course you sacrifice a bit of offense using saffels, but especially for hardcore 4% max resists are pretty big.

"
nathanielvd wrote:
Now completed everything except uber elder and a couple easy unique maps.
Uber atziri, shaper, guardians, red elder, grandmasters is all very farmable with this build! Thanks for the guide <3

Gear used in most recent shaper and uber atziri kills for me:
Spoiler

Congrats! Great to see another player proving that you can do bossing with this character :).

"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
The Freezing Pulse is linked with Controlled Destruction (Supported Skills have 100% reduced Critical Strike Chance) and therefore there will be no crits, but the skilltree is full of crit and crit multi??

Something is wrong here or plz explain how this work !

"
sephrinx wrote:
You can still crit with controlled destruction, it just cuts the base crit chance in half. It should read "50% reduced crit chance" but it doesn't. So if a spell has a base of 7% crit chance, it is now a base chance of 3.5%.

Both statements are wrong. In Path of Exile all modifiers that "increase" or "reduce" something get added up. (contrary to modifiers for "more" or less")

When you go for a crit build its not unusual to have something like 400-500 increased critchance (you can get 100% increased on your weapon or shield alone). So 100% reduced critchance would make it 300-400 increased overall, which doesn't actually hurt to too much. Controlled Destruction is still one of the best support gems for DPS even for crit builds. You can test it out in Path of Building.

"
Hello!

Thanks for the build, I'm really having a blast with it.

Here's my current gear, what upgrades should I look for?

Spoiler

Also, what's the best thing to do with the remaining skill points at our disposition?

I'm thinking Celestial Judgement and Heart of Ice for cold damage/penetration, or maybe 3x Grand Spectrum jewels for 108% increased elemental damage?

Upgrades: I would certainly try to get 30% movement speed boots, yours have none. Shield also seems pretty weak with no life. Get an enchant on your helmet and boots, maybe fossil craft cold penetration on helmet.

For the remaining skill points, I maybe should add something to the guide as well. Thought people would rather figure it out themselves after level 90. Celestial Judgement is certainly worth it. Not too keen on 3x Grand Spectrums, you are probably better off with 3 rare jewels. But speaking of jewels, you can get the jewel slot at the top with elemental damage nodes before it. You can also go for Alchemist.

"
cloreto22 wrote:
First , one more time , Nice build man thanks
That is my itens.If you have any tips on where I can improve I am accepting

Spoiler

Some questions:
Projectile Weakness is better than Frostbite?
Why use Vortex? "CDT>IC>Enfeeble>Vortex?"

Vortex is just to slow down enemies. It's often used with CWDT with other build as well. You also use an Offering Skill to get rid of on-death effects.

Projectile Weakness acts as more damage multiplier which is very strong. Resistance Penetration has diminishing returns and we already got a lot with the ColdPen, Frost Bomb, Pandemonius and maybe Boots Enchant. You can test it in Path of Building if you like.

Improvements: One Ring only has 7 Life. The Belt only has 50, though the other stats are pretty good (the mastercraft does nothing for us). I would try to get 30% movement speed boots and boots and helmets with enchants (boots you could enchant yourself). This league fossil crafted helmets with minus coldresist for enemies are pretty sweet. Get a 21/20 Freezing Pulse gem.
Do i have to get a mods like increase totem life?.. because with some bosses my totem quickly dies! and they advice to gon switch to gc totem.. wich more powerful like they said. need your comments bout this thanks :)
"
cobaine wrote:
Do i have to get a mods like increase totem life?.. because with some bosses my totem quickly dies! and they advice to gon switch to gc totem.. wich more powerful like they said. need your comments bout this thanks :)

What bosses are you talking about?

A few bosses are annoying and can kill your totems quickly. You just have to spam your totems a bit more.

Investing in totem life or resistances is not worth it in my opinion. You are either sacrificing life or damage just so your totems maybe survive one more attack against a few bosses.

Switching to GC totems does nothing to help this problem. Its only a better single target skill.
Hello, I am pretty new to this game and this build is helping me quite a lot! I am level 30. Just wanted to ask a question about getting the BBBR 4L in the leveling guide what is the red gem?
really enjoyed the build.
Done pretty much everything except Uber Elder, which I think I won't be able to do with this build.
best part about the build is you can easily run T16 in MF gears.

Upgrade suggestion would be appreciated.
My gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by ert2mars on Oct 21, 2018, 5:21:09 PM
I might be dumb, but how the F*** do i get 5 totems ? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info