Last 10 levels should each require a bossfight to advance until Level 100.

"
"
Doomstryver wrote:
The problem is not if your build can afk easy maps for XPing, its that once you've made some progress into a level it locks you into those afk easy maps. You can't go and yolo some atziri, or lab, or shaper, or guardians, or insane T15 maps because you stand to lose so much time. If there was a way of disabling XP penalty whilst also disabling earning XP this would be much less of an issue.

That's the point. People want to yolo, be reckless and don't deal with the downside to it. You are supposed to prepare for endgame content. You can do Labs and Shaper deathless if you play cleanly and have your character setup properly. Haven't died in Uber Lab all league. I played my Slayer to 97 while doing Shaper every now and then. I only died to uber Atziri cause I made a mistake by moving into a corner. My EK char though has died plenty because I yolo a lot with it and don't invest into proper defenses. That's on me, not the game.

Also, the game is not balanced around your character being level 100, it's just a cap because there has to be one, so progress has to be stopped/delayed somehow.

You don't get my point. It's not that I WILL die. It's that there is a chance that I will die. Sure, I can do deathless guardians, I even took out shaper for the first time deathless this league. But the problem is that there is a risk of me dying. I'm not willing to make that sacrifice, because of how ridiculous XP gains are - so it locks me out of doing anything but farming boring content. All of this just contributes to making me not enjoy my character.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
Agree.
At level 91 plus just make each player go to pvp arena and have to duel another player 1v1. Level 91 vs level 91. Whoever wins gets to level. Whoever dies loses experience or if in HC, they just die. You can't level up until you do this from level 91-100. The real HC game. /s
What makes you think the boss fights would be more challenging than the other content we have ?
"
Doomstryver wrote:
You don't get my point. It's not that I WILL die. It's that there is a chance that I will die. Sure, I can do deathless guardians, I even took out shaper for the first time deathless this league. But the problem is that there is a risk of me dying. I'm not willing to make that sacrifice, because of how ridiculous XP gains are - so it locks me out of doing anything but farming boring content. All of this just contributes to making me not enjoy my character.

I get your point. If the risk of dying makes you avoid content That is only based your priorities. The game doesn't lock you out of anything. You value 10% experience more than doing shaper, uber atziri or whatever there is. Even when you are scared to death about the thought of losing xp, you still can do whatever after you just levelled up.

For other people the risk is the fun part here. I do not want to do content where I don't have the risk of losing something, be it currency investment or experience. If so, winning would be boring.
Also as I already said, I don't think you are supposed to reach level 100 in this game, some people just do. Until level 95 levelling is quite chill even with occasional deaths.

And please, stop asking for the game to be changed because YOU don't enjoy something.
There are things I dislike in the game, but I don't call on GGG to change them because of ME, other people might enjoy exactly those things.
The truth is, every player with 35+ achievements in current league should be doing a bossfight for every achievement completed after 35, to thin out the bad players.

Nobody wants to play with someone with 40 achievement points because they donated for an Oni-Goroshi.

If you think about it - it makes a lot of sense!

The bossfight should be against an alternate, multidimensional demonic variant of Chris Wilson (which is the exact copy of Chris Wilson, but with two carefully inserted Oni-Goroshis in place of his nipples).

Two words

Terrible Idea.
A boss fight? Why? Every time I get close to level 92, some terd of a mob one shots me out of nowhere.. then I get mad and run into the next group of mobs I see without putting on my buffs and I spiral out of control until I'm back at 0% xp into the level.

Don't need more bosses. I'm pretty sure each map has a boss anyway.
I truly, honestly believe that you should stfu next time with a suggestion so dumb. Also you are not even 90 and you are talking about 90+ leveling. Reminds me of all the armchair developers/armchair feminists/anything else armchair related, aka no experience, but believe they are experienced .

"
Orbitalx wrote:
At level 91 plus just make each player go to pvp arena and have to duel another player 1v1. Level 91 vs level 91. Whoever wins gets to level. Whoever dies loses experience or if in HC, they just die. You can't level up until you do this from level 91-100. The real HC game. /s

Rofl I have the feeling you already planned a pvp build for such an occasion, despite the /s :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info