Last 10 levels should each require a bossfight to advance until Level 100.

"
Acaste7 wrote:
To make the game more competitive, skill-based and less grindy, I truly, honestly believe that the final 10 levels should all have a mandatory unique bossfight starting from level 91 until 100 in order to advance the last 10 levels. So people getting first 100 would actually be an awesome achievement.

Enough of farming low level blue maps to grind to 100. Make the last 10 levels truly hardcore!
This change will also be an incentive for people to start making balanced, all-around effective builds and not just concern themselves with silly clearspeed nobody cares about.

You all know this is a good idea, let me hear your warcries, exiles :>

Or write down suggestions of your own.

''To make the game more competitive, skill-based and less grindy''. I lol-ed, when was POE ever competitive or skill-based? Lvl 89 max, talks about making the game ''more competitive/skill-based'' sounds legit. I have a suggestion as well for you. Next time you have a suggestion, write on a piece of paper , fold it very slowly to make sure it's done right, then remove it. Repeat this process 1000 times until you realize how awful your suggestions are, therefore next time you will put more thought into it.

Cheers!
GGG should set the XP progression back to where it was before 3+ rounds of XP nerfs. If challenge is what people want, than add another 11 levels on, for a possible total of 111.

Here's the catch - There are a limited number of available spots. Once you reach the necessary XP for level 101+ you don't just get that level, you have to compete in PvP (not sure of the PvP format) and defeat someone of that level to advance.

For each level the number of spots would be:

101 100
102 50
103 25
104 20
105 15
106 10
107 5
108 4
109 3
110 2
111 1

Alternatively, if GGG didn't go with PvP, the same number of limited spots could be given out, and the challenge for that level would be based off the amount of XP. In that case, only one person in a given league could ever end up with level 111.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Survap wrote:
What they need to do is cut it out with the damned xp penalty and bring something smarter into gameplay to replace that. I don't really know what exactly that could be, but the answer might revolve around reducing portals from maps, from 8 to 5 perhaps, or even 3; increased by each party member present when opening it (after using the maximum amount of portals) or maybe try making bosses heal while inactive.
Your idea could be good but it JUST doesn't fit in the current game state, other things need to change in order to do that. I like the idea of last levels being a challenge of a different sort instead of a struggle with freaking xp penalty.

I have a suggestion to avoid xp penalty. STOP FUCKING DYING. If something kills you more than once, either you or your build are not ready for it.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
GGG should set the XP progression back to where it was before 3+ rounds of XP nerfs. If challenge is what people want, than add another 11 levels on, for a possible total of 111.

Here's the catch - There are a limited number of available spots. Once you reach the necessary XP for level 101+ you don't just get that level, you have to compete in PvP (not sure of the PvP format) and defeat someone of that level to advance.

101 100
102 50
103 25
104 20
105 15
106 10
107 5
108 4
109 3
110 2
111 1

Alternatively, if GGG didn't go with PvP, the same number of limited spots could be given out, and the challenge for that level would be based off the amount of XP. In that case, only one person in a given league could ever end up with level 111.

Sure - layer in the least popular facet of the game for end game progression. Brilliant. Especially considering you just did 100 levels of your chosen build, but since it blows in PvP you are now hamstrung.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jan 29, 2018, 10:28:15 AM
"

I have a suggestion to avoid xp penalty. STOP FUCKING DYING. If something kills you more than once, either you or your build are not ready for it.

Yeah its easy to die when you have to play 100 maps to level up once.. And not just maps but t13 t14 maps.. just spend all currency buy all t15 maps.. then you can level up properly.

The maps give so tiny amount of xp is ridicilous. Its boring.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
"
Survap wrote:
What they need to do is cut it out with the damned xp penalty and bring something smarter into gameplay to replace that. I don't really know what exactly that could be, but the answer might revolve around reducing portals from maps, from 8 to 5 perhaps, or even 3; increased by each party member present when opening it (after using the maximum amount of portals) or maybe try making bosses heal while inactive.
Your idea could be good but it JUST doesn't fit in the current game state, other things need to change in order to do that. I like the idea of last levels being a challenge of a different sort instead of a struggle with freaking xp penalty.

The problem is not if your build can afk easy maps for XPing, its that once you've made some progress into a level it locks you into those afk easy maps. You can't go and yolo some atziri, or lab, or shaper, or guardians, or insane T15 maps because you stand to lose so much time. If there was a way of disabling XP penalty whilst also disabling earning XP this would be much less of an issue.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
Why what you are asking OP, can't be mandatory

I asked years ago for some really heavy bosses that require a lot of skill and gears, more or like really long term goals and almost impossible to do, something community driven and that reward you with satisfaction over material reward. Same thing than level 100 at all, it's all about self satisfaction but you get nothing from it ( i made it to level 100 and that's what i felt when reaching it, with some fun too i ungeared almost totaly my char in party and made the last % naked in map. Survived :D ).

Now back to what you are asking, things are pretty simple.
We all have that friend blaming the game for adding bosses that require to use a different flask setup or switching some gears / passive nodes eventualy depending what you are playing and what you are fighting ( say hello to the 10k post talking about uber izaro "difficulty" ). Guess what ? This friend represent probably over 75% of the userbase interest. I'm sometime part of this sometime not, depend of leagues.

And your friend is not stupid i'm not saying that, he just don't want to play an ARPG like that, and more or less kill trash all days all nights doing some gold mining.

GGG tried to counter that, a brave intention, by adding some difficulty here and here over the years, one boss here and here but the conclusion after those years is pretty simple, this is not really what players "like".

Maybe i'm totaly wrong eh but reading this forum all days and reddit + chat honestly that's how it looks, won't even mention how streams looks these days, basicly no item in your filter only currencies and here we go, doing same map over and over, same steps, using same skill.
I wonder how feel players interested by trying PoE when they see a stream like that. Pretty sure an animated gif would do instead, and save streamers from a lot of hassle too.
Players want clearspeed. No backtracking. No bosses. Or at least the ones that talk and show their disapointement when anything is on their way. And they seems to be a bigger group than the ones expecting some bosses fight ( work for races and PvP too, or labyrinth ). So yeah kinda reason GGG have no reason to do that. And kinda the reason lot of players bought diablo 3 too back then.
( Note that this part reflect how i'm sick of this gotta go fast zoom zoom playstyle and orientation )

That's why your plan can't be a mandatory addition it will just disgust too many players.

HOWEVER I'm totaly in for some more good fights as you saw in my above suggestion, and hope you will get what you are asking for one day :) Just probably implemented differently if it happen.
My post can sound a bit rude, but this is the state of the game. Everything encourage players to play it like that and to add a dramatic end as usual, i've little to no hope to see that changing one day.

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 29, 2018, 1:09:03 PM
"
Doomstryver wrote:
The problem is not if your build can afk easy maps for XPing, its that once you've made some progress into a level it locks you into those afk easy maps. You can't go and yolo some atziri, or lab, or shaper, or guardians, or insane T15 maps because you stand to lose so much time. If there was a way of disabling XP penalty whilst also disabling earning XP this would be much less of an issue.

That's the point. People want to yolo, be reckless and don't deal with the downside to it. You are supposed to prepare for endgame content. You can do Labs and Shaper deathless if you play cleanly and have your character setup properly. Haven't died in Uber Lab all league. I played my Slayer to 97 while doing Shaper every now and then. I only died to uber Atziri cause I made a mistake by moving into a corner. My EK char though has died plenty because I yolo a lot with it and don't invest into proper defenses. That's on me, not the game.

Also, the game is not balanced around your character being level 100, it's just a cap because there has to be one, so progress has to be stopped/delayed somehow.
"
"
Doomstryver wrote:

That's the point. People want to yolo, be reckless and don't deal with the downside to it. You are supposed to prepare for endgame content. You can do Labs and Shaper deathless if you play cleanly and have your character setup properly. Haven't died in Uber Lab all league. I played my Slayer to 97 while doing Shaper every now and then. I only died to uber Atziri cause I made a mistake by moving into a corner. My EK char though has died plenty because I yolo a lot with it and don't invest into proper defenses. That's on me, not the game.

Also, the game is not balanced around your character being level 100, it's just a cap because there has to be one, so progress has to be stopped/delayed somehow.

Okay I don't support the casualization of the game, or removal of the xp penalty at all, and I typically hit 90 and just YOLO the living shit out of everything.....

BUT - it is far more gameplay rewarding to LEARN a fight through trial and error than do a research paper and watch videos etc etc. This game DOES penalize that.

I hit 90 and did a yellow Elder, and still have not figured out ALL the mechanics yet. Like those tentacle blasts that follow you, can you avoid without movement skills (?), because I could not, and they one or two shot my 6600 hp (crap defense) character. YOLO. Call me a filthy casual, but that is how I enjoy this game.

What was my point? Erm, not sure, just that no-deathing complex endgame encounters seems asking a lot of the average player, even with research.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

101 100
102 50
103 25
104 20
105 15
106 10
107 5
108 4
109 3
110 2
111 1

Sure - layer in the least popular facet of the game for end game progression. Brilliant. Especially considering you just did 100 levels of your chosen build, but since it blows in PvP you are now hamstrung.

I left out the best part. It's cut throat, and any challengers can enter your hideout at any time to attack you. GGG could also factor in who is the fastest at speed running the Uber lab, and have a trading competition to see who can flip the most orbs in an hour. If they don't want the ladder to be competitive, then they can stop screwing around with the XP rates.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info