Last 10 levels should each require a bossfight to advance until Level 100.

"
What makes you think the boss fights would be more challenging than the other content we have ?

The bosses would be uniquely designed to scale with the player and present different challenges. Test if the player's build is "worthy" of advancing to the next level. For example: level 91 boss needs you to have a decent amount of sustain to kill. Level 92 boss needs you to have good dodge mechanics. Level 93 needs you to manage your potions. No portals allowed either.

So the people going for level 100 first would actually be doing a cool achievement. Imagine the viewer amounts streamers would get on twitch just attempting to do the 90 to 100 climbs on hardcore leagues. It's like an amazing hype marketing machine.

I'll be damned if these whiny people on this thread understand that much though...

"
"
Acaste7 wrote:
but going through a boss is reward enough.

Not sure if serious

"
Acaste7 wrote:

but it's the objective truth.

The dictionary called. They want you to brush up.

I'm sure you've noticed i'm extremely indifferent to petty attempts at personal attacks on a gaming forum, you'd be better off trying to type out decent arguments, but I don't blame you to resorting to them since you're out of legitimate arguments.

You can admit defeat now or we can formally go on with your dismantling.
Peace
Last edited by Acaste7 on Feb 21, 2018, 2:56:07 PM
"
Acaste7 wrote:
"
"
Acaste7 wrote:

Not sure if serious

"
Acaste7 wrote:

but it's the objective truth.

I'm sure you've noticed i'm extremely indifferent to petty attempts at personal attacks on a gaming forum, you'd be better off trying to type out decent arguments, but I don't blame you to resorting to them since you're out of legitimate arguments.

Peace

There was no personal attacks. You seem to like misusing terms a lot. Like objective truth and rewarding enough ( and personal attacks)
"
Acaste7 wrote:
these whiny people

You're a hypocrite and I can't help wondering if you're just flat out trolling at this point.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 21, 2018, 3:01:32 PM
"
"
Acaste7 wrote:
"
Acaste7 wrote:

Peace

There was no personal attacks. You seem to like misusing terms a lot. Like objective truth and rewarding enough ( and personal attacks) You're a hypocrite and I can't help wondering if you're just flat out trolling at this point.
"
Acaste7 wrote:
these whiny people

Both "objective truth" and "reward enough" are legitimate terms. You could save us all the trouble of replying by just simply googling.

Now back to topic please.
Last edited by Acaste7 on Feb 21, 2018, 3:07:02 PM
"
Acaste7 wrote:

Both "objective truth" and "reward enough" are legitimate terms. You could save us all the trouble of replying by just simply googling.

Now back to topic please.

Your use of them is not legit though.

I am on topic. You're not done trolling I guess.
"
Acaste7 wrote:
So people getting first 100 would actually be an awesome achievement.

When you achieved 1st place level 100 in a new league, how did your achievement feel? Why didn't it feel awesome?
anything is everything
People play HC for the prestige/e-peen, the community (it's objectively better) and the fact that the ladder and economy is less saturated. Meaning they IS in fact greater reward for bosses endgame in HC.

SSF kinda turned this on its head since SSFSC is pretty easy ladder to climb tbh

Like others have pointed out, you tailor your builds around clearing maps exceptionally fast to the end of getting to 100 the fastest. The end goal of 3-4 month leagues being the same as races, just way more autistic and grindy.
"
Manocean wrote:
"
Acaste7 wrote:

When you achieved 1st place level 100 in a new league, how did your achievement feel? Why didn't it feel awesome?

I've never achieved level 100 1st on HC, only individual players with the required amount of skill and time are fortunate to achieve that.

What I'm saying is making the 90 - 100 level climb more challenging will lengthen the hypetrain for challenge leagues and make the achievement available to more people, more watchable, more interesting, more based on mechanical skill, decision-making and generally less grindy.

I don't think any of those will negatively affect the game experience. :)
Last edited by Acaste7 on Feb 21, 2018, 3:28:03 PM
"
Acaste7 wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:
"
Acaste7 wrote:

I've never achieved level 100 1st on HC

youve never even made it to level 90, but you are theorising a way to change the game because its not challenging enough to lvl from 91-100.

your ideas about to get to this level you need to dodge stuff, to get to the next level you need flask management... different builds have vastly different mobility, different builds use vastly different flasks for different reasons. the idea that challenging bosses could be made that you would have to get past to level up and that every build would need to meet these requirements is so flawed. Even if GGG did an amazing job of it you would cut about 90% of viable builds out of the game, and GGG would not do an amazing job of it, the clusterfuck of restrictive and inappropriate nonsense that is the shaper fight makes that very clear. Shaper is the final boss of the endgame system and if every endgame build had to beat him then probably 98% of builds played in endgame would be invalid because of how that boss is designed. Now make 10 bosses like that and put them in the way of every player levelling past 90... how would that make anything more available to more people?

Youre trying to fix a problem that isnt a problem for a part of the game that youve never played and your idea of how to fix it would destroy the variety in the game that is essentially what makes poe great and gives it so much replayability.
"
Acaste7 wrote:
The truth is, every player with 35+ achievements in current league should be doing a bossfight for every achievement completed after 35, to thin out the bad players.

Are you... trying to thin yourself out of this game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info