[3.1] UberDan's INSANE Flicker Strike! HC viable, 8k+ HP, sanic clearspeed

guys do you think having 20% increased bleed damage in the sword would be a big deal?
Just a PSA, definitely get a staunching flask once you get your damage pretty high. The self bleeds and the additional chance to be bled from hits from the Red Trail can definitely bleed you out really quick. Even though you have so little base physical damage, all the global damage increases from your ascendancy and attack speed can stack heavy bleeds once you're strong.

Definitely go for a Seething, so it can stop the heavy bleeds and recover a lot of health, but won't keep you immune to bleeds for as long as a normal one.

You'll have enough frenzy charges to get another bleed without a problem, because you get 5 base Frenzy charges, which means 15 hits to get another bleed (multistrike stronk).

Also something to keep in mind is that you don't want to quality your weapon, because it will increase the base physical damage and nothing else, which just causes higher self damage.

Also:

DO NOT GET BLEED ON THE TREE

The node that allows attacks to apply bleeds also gives chance to apply poisons, which are also reflected back to us when using the Golden Rule jewel; and both of which are increased by the previous node in getting there. Poisons are also scaled by the chaos damage of the hit, which means if you're using Atziri's Promise, you will pretty much insta kill yourself with poison stacks scaled scaled from ALL of your damage.

Just get a chance to bleed weapon, tree bleed is not worth the hassle.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Feb 1, 2018, 6:23:24 PM
do you guys get mana problems or am i just not doing enough dmg
Hey guys finally got my build ready and rocked through all tier 1-16 maps easily currently lvl 82 and having a blast - i have 2 questions tho

1)as denybby said - sometimes on a single target boss ill lose attacks cos im out of mana - is this a gear issue ? i thought my dmg was already good so why am i not leeching enough ?

2)forgot to put ancestral call support on ~tier15 and played with damage on full life and didnt notice the clear difference - why is that ? am i overgearing the content or the difference aint too big ?

gear for reference
Spoiler
"
R1n wrote:
Hey guys finally got my build ready and rocked through all tier 1-16 maps easily currently lvl 82 and having a blast - i have 2 questions tho

1)as denybby said - sometimes on a single target boss ill lose attacks cos im out of mana - is this a gear issue ? i thought my dmg was already good so why am i not leeching enough ?

2)forgot to put ancestral call support on ~tier15 and played with damage on full life and didnt notice the clear difference - why is that ? am i overgearing the content or the difference aint too big ?

1) Someone said somewhere that if u get a mana leech node or two, this will be solved. Have you tested with 2 mana leech nodes?
Maybe some other solution that i cannot think of right now?

2) I assume because of the splash from slayer notable, because u have enough damage you dont need ancestral call for the extra splash. Flicker strike hits so many times per second, when your damage is enough you dont really need other splash gems.

When you say you rocked through 1-16 maps and you are level 82 what do u mean? You actually killed guardians while being lvl82? Is your dmg so high?
Can you describe how exactly you rocked through tier15/16 maps? just insta-killing everything till boss?
Was the runs fast enough?
How was it on the bosses? Can u describe if it was hard or easy killing guardians?

Generally your experience on high tier maps? Did the maps have mods?

Please these are valuable information if you can take the time to answer!

Thanks!
Can I get some pointers? I die so easily even in white T2 maps, it's stupid.. What am I missing?
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
R1n wrote:
Spoiler

1) Someone said somewhere that if u get a mana leech node or two, this will be solved. Have you tested with 2 mana leech nodes?
Maybe some other solution that i cannot think of right now?

2) I assume because of the splash from slayer notable, because u have enough damage you dont need ancestral call for the extra splash. Flicker strike hits so many times per second, when your damage is enough you dont really need other splash gems.

When you say you rocked through 1-16 maps and you are level 82 what do u mean? You actually killed guardians while being lvl82? Is your dmg so high?
Can you describe how exactly you rocked through tier15/16 maps? just insta-killing everything till boss?
Was the runs fast enough?
How was it on the bosses? Can u describe if it was hard or easy killing guardians?

Generally your experience on high tier maps? Did the maps have mods?

Please these are valuable information if you can take the time to answer!

Thanks!

1) i dont think taking a second mana leech node will help , im already hitting the mana leech rate cap at 0.6s , second node puts it at 0,5s - only thing that would help would be more mana leech cap which is 2 extra points and im not digging that - unless i understand the game completely wrong even op cant sustain his mana on single target so maybe going for a dragon sword with higher edps and less attack speed is more actual dps ( since as far as i can tell pob doesnt take mana into consideration so even though it says X dps - u are not doin that if u cant sustain your mana and your losing attacks -> attack speed wasted )

as for my char , yea i did clear guardians even at 78 i think but thats because i already had the gear bought before i even made my char - u shouldnt judge but that . The experience was pretty awsum , i would destroy a map in seconds , spent more time looting that killing . with my gear i feel comfortable running any tier although ele reflec is a no-go as no leech etc. pretty standard

when i first did chimera guardian the boss was actually super easy but i died 3-4 times to random one shot from the hounds - had like 4k hp at that point maybe less i dont remember, when i finally killed all hounds the rest was easy . build is pretty solid but im not sure about what i mentioned above with main weapon etc, im really busy with uni exams right now - when im done by the end of the week ill do some digging and report back
"
R1n wrote:

1) i dont think taking a second mana leech node will help , im already hitting the mana leech rate cap at 0.6s , second node puts it at 0,5s - only thing that would help would be more mana leech cap which is 2 extra points and im not digging that - unless i understand the game completely wrong even op cant sustain his mana on single target so maybe going for a dragon sword with higher edps and less attack speed is more actual dps ( since as far as i can tell pob doesnt take mana into consideration so even though it says X dps - u are not doin that if u cant sustain your mana and your losing attacks -> attack speed wasted )

as for my char , yea i did clear guardians even at 78 i think but thats because i already had the gear bought before i even made my char - u shouldnt judge but that . The experience was pretty awsum , i would destroy a map in seconds , spent more time looting that killing . with my gear i feel comfortable running any tier although ele reflec is a no-go as no leech etc. pretty standard

when i first did chimera guardian the boss was actually super easy but i died 3-4 times to random one shot from the hounds - had like 4k hp at that point maybe less i dont remember, when i finally killed all hounds the rest was easy . build is pretty solid but im not sure about what i mentioned above with main weapon etc, im really busy with uni exams right now - when im done by the end of the week ill do some digging and report back

Yes please report back when u can, I really want to see how this single target mana issue is.
I really want to know how to handle it if i am going to buy all the gear upfront.

Thanks
are there any guides that don't use abyss league gear?
"
RudeLion wrote:
are there any guides that don't use abyss league gear?

Just use Spiked Gloves, a 6L Belly or rare or Kintsugi or Coil, and a Devotos or Starkonjas or a rare. You're not going to have good damage without getting Abyss Jewels, though, so if you're trying this on standard you're out of luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info