[3.1] UberDan's INSANE Flicker Strike! HC viable, 8k+ HP, sanic clearspeed

So an update for all those getting started with this build.
- Hit level 92.
- Cleared all bosses from T1-16. Most T16 bosses were deathless unless I was greedy.
- Failed at shaper. Got thru two phases and plummeted. It's been a while since I've done this fight so mechanically I sucked ass.
- Overall, I chose to go a bit less life (rocking 6.2K) and a bit more damage. Also spec'd to a more dmg weapon and got bleed on the tree.
- I've done all red tier liches. Haven't tried elder.
- Ancestral protector helps so much on single target its amazing!

Upgrades that I could make (would cost a lot but would make shaper doable)
- +1 Frenzy Boots (around 10-15 ex upgrade)
- Elemental Weakness on Hit Gloves (probably a lot with 2 socket abyss)
- Two socket Lightpoacher
- 3 Stat dmg jewels with life
- Level 21 gems

Hi is chanche to hit implicit realy necessary? i want to change for more elemental damage
"
Camaron wrote:
I meant tempestuous steel in offhand instead of lycosade

Also how about liches. elders kills? can this build kill them safely?

If you're going to use 2 melee weapons in the short term, Hyaon's Fury is more DPS than a tempestuous steel, even counting accuracy.

Last edited by Xanthochroid on Jan 30, 2018, 5:24:33 PM
hey guys looking to make a final build for abyss , this caught my attention , it look AWSUM!
I have 40 ex right now , if making the math correctly this should be enough to buy all the items + some nice jewels correct? also weapons seem pretty "cheap? 370edps 2aps foils go for 1-2 exalts, is that right or am i missjudging somewhere? how should i look to spend all my currency on this one ? thanks in advance !

also in the start of the build the 2 abyss socket belt is adviced , but then the author uses normal one with resists i guess to help balance oak? whats BIS for that slot tho?

any help on how to get this right appriciated

edit: assuming i want to get lightpoacher 2 gems with enchant , there doesnt seem to be any on market? did u all do it yourself? is the enchant "common"?
Last edited by R1n on Jan 30, 2018, 10:57:51 PM
"
R1n wrote:
hey guys looking to make a final build for abyss , this caught my attention , it look AWSUM!
I have 40 ex right now , if making the math correctly this should be enough to buy all the items + some nice jewels correct? also weapons seem pretty "cheap? 370edps 2aps foils go for 1-2 exalts, is that right or am i missjudging somewhere? how should i look to spend all my currency on this one ? thanks in advance !

also in the start of the build the 2 abyss socket belt is adviced , but then the author uses normal one with resists i guess to help balance oak? whats BIS for that slot tho?

any help on how to get this right appriciated

edit: assuming i want to get lightpoacher 2 gems with enchant , there doesnt seem to be any on market? did u all do it yourself? is the enchant "common"?

You can do what I did. Sacrifice some of the life nodes and get bleed on the tree. I found it to be necessary. Can CAN puncture to get bleed going but you do end up in situations where you will run out of frenzy and that's bad.

Add me in game - we can chat about it but definitely 40 ex will do you wonders. The lightpoacher with two sockets isn't really worth the 20-25 ex investment. I'd go into other avenues.
Hey im not home so i cant log in atm but spend some time yesterday shopping for this build ( although i havent even created a new exile yet lol :D )
this is what i got so far
Spoiler

spent so much time trying to balance res for wise oak i think ill never upgrade my rings and amu and just spend all my future currency on jewels with x3 ele + life

how am i looking so far ?still missing the helm cos im not sure what to do about it - have 17 exalts left atm . thinking of getting 1 socket with enchant for 1-2 ex and spend rest on good jewels? any tip/advice welcome

"
R1n wrote:
Hey im not home so i cant log in atm but spend some time yesterday shopping for this build ( although i havent even created a new exile yet lol :D )
this is what i got so far
Spoiler

spent so much time trying to balance res for wise oak i think ill never upgrade my rings and amu and just spend all my future currency on jewels with x3 ele + life

how am i looking so far ?still missing the helm cos im not sure what to do about it - have 17 exalts left atm . thinking of getting 1 socket with enchant for 1-2 ex and spend rest on good jewels? any tip/advice welcome

I'd definitely go for 1 socket with the Enchant and just get some GG jewels.
hey boys whats the reason we don't go crit? just for elemental overload?

even with ele overload is it a good idea to swap out ele focus for ruthless (or is there sth better for more multiplier) and swap hoa for hoi for the shatter mob clear maybe a curse oh hit.

Edit: just tested changing hoa>hoi, elefocus>added light. with the taming ring. feels pretty good, like autobomber. check fluffyflash for gear, lmk what you guys think. added light is probably not the best gem to replace elefocus, just didnt want to recolor.
Last edited by denubby on Feb 1, 2018, 9:45:32 AM
"
Camaron wrote:
I meant tempestuous steel in offhand instead of lycosade

Also how about liches. elders kills? can this build kill them safely?

Tempestuous Steel's Cannot be evaded mod is local - it will not work if you're using it as an off-hand, because your main hand weapon can still miss.
One question if i may ask , why are we getting Quick Recovery top left on the tree? its 14% hp for 3 points and some mana regen - while 3 points on the scion will give us 15% , is the mana regen needed?

edit:

just figured i gave 3 ex for this for no reason since it has no open prefix - oh well u learn something new everyday

update:
got this , do i slam? i think no cos only good that can come out of it is str/dex if im understanding poe crafting correctly?
Last edited by R1n on Feb 1, 2018, 10:30:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info