[3.1] UberDan's INSANE Flicker Strike! HC viable, 8k+ HP, sanic clearspeed

I too am having an issue deciding on which version of flicker to play. Yours seems the most appetizing. I assume you can do the build with and the suffix mod 20% to bleed on hit? Wondering if it might be worthwhile with the added leach
Last edited by Basically_Aldin on Jan 17, 2018, 12:04:06 PM
"
Hookt wrote:
"
cocomoloco wrote:
Could you maybe give a comparison of this build with other Flicker builds (Terminus, Oro's, Oni-Goroshi, etc.) in terms of strengths and weaknesses? Would help a lot to decide on a version of Flicker.

Also one question: Is the 20% chance to inflict bleeding (Weapon) on the enemy really enough to reliably not run out of Charges while mapping (bad luck streaks)? Ironically, this Frenzy Charge mechanism works better against bosses, while Terminus is the other way around.

The bleed chance is enough. The only time it can get a bit derp is if you don't inflict bleed on your first flicker. You can just puncture the first mob in a map if you want to be safe though. I have never ran out of frenzy charges while mapping.

You never have issues with inflicting bleed. In case you didn't understand how it works, I'll explain it again: As long as YOU are Bleeding, you're gaining Frenzies. Inflict Bleed once with Flicker or Puncture and you gain your maximum Frenzies instantly and it stays that way forever.

For the rare cases where you have 16sec+ of cooldown and your Frenzies run out (boss animations, going back to town for a trade, etc), there's a 0-linked Puncture in the build. Attack once and you can Flicker forever again.

"
I too am having an issue deciding on which version of flicker to play. Yours seems the most appetizing. I assume you can do the build with and the suffix mod 20% to bleed on hit? Wondering if it might be worthwhile with the added leach

You don't need extra leech because you're always reaching the leech cap rate even on single target.
Well shit, the more research I do into this the more I find out that Dan has completely optimized the shit out of this. Ok no more doubts. Doing this! Thanks again for the quick responses. I'll keep you updated as I progress with the build.

One more question, why herald of ash?
Last edited by Basically_Aldin on Jan 17, 2018, 12:09:22 PM
We don't crit or apply status ailments. Herald of Thunder won't apply it's AOE thunders, it's merely a small flat lightning boost. Herald of Ice won't shatter, it's merely a small flat cold boost.

Herald of Ash takes our (insane btw) over-kill damage and burns everything. If you somehow don't feel tanky enough you can replace it with Arctic Armour.
this build is cool but Shaped atoll boss one shot me and i am die. what is wrong? i dont know :(

can u check me profil?
Last edited by strongarph on Jan 17, 2018, 2:07:38 PM
You don't have Phase Acro (30% spell dodge), you're not using Vaal Grace (34% spell dodge) and you don't have Vaal Pact (leech x2 faster).
Was ready to quit the league, came across this by chance and leveled the char, since i could flicker its been insane fun, never played flicker before but this is just so much fun.

Been trying both these weapons and they are very similar, really enjoying this build +1
"
TainiBean wrote:
Was ready to quit the league, came across this by chance and leveled the char, since i could flicker its been insane fun, never played flicker before but this is just so much fun.

I'm having the exact same experience. I never bothered with Flicker because it was always too squishy for my taste - usually ending with a random one-shot to a pre-3.1 Reflect or just being unable to survive vs. strong enemies due to poor defenses and relatively low life.

This build changed that. :D
Build is preforming fantastically. Only missing the lycosidae atm. Grinding some currency to buy one.

Did you run into mana problems at all? I notice that on boss fights I seem to run out. How did you solve this? Mind taking a look at my pieces to see.
Decided to buy some gear for the build and give it a whirl. Was looking around poe.trade for +1 frenzy red trails but couldnt find any for sale online or offline so I bought a normal pair and set up a woop for any new +1s for sale. Decided to yolo vaal my only pair and this happened :D

Couldn't be happier! This makes up for the bad luck ive had in the past few days for sure.
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info