Meanwhile Bisco is 18+ Ex

"
Completed 22 ChallengesSarevokcz wrote:
"
Completed 15 ChallengesDuodecimus wrote:
complex math

everyone posting his results...

you DO realize he only counted SHAPED STRANDS, right? he NEVER mentioned how many actual MAPS he dropped.

the entire argument based on his results is flawed from the beginning...

Dude, you are the only person who noticed it too BibleThump
"
"
complex math

you DO realize he only counted SHAPED STRANDS, right? he NEVER mentioned how many actual MAPS he dropped.

You do realize that he forced every T9 and T10 drop to be a shaped Strand, right? Also, unless for some magical reason Bisco's affects either the tier or the layout of the maps dropped, it doesn't matter which map he counts. He could literally be counting any T3 map, and only that T3 map, and as long as he does so long enough to get a good statistical sample, he can test the hypothesis "Bisco's doesn't affect map drops" on any confidence level he wants to test it on.
Un-gate content.
Last edited by Char1983 on Jan 12, 2018 6:01:15 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
"
complex math

You do realize that he forced every T9 and T10 drop to be a shaped Strand, right? Also, unless for some magical reason Bisco's affects either the tier or the layout of the maps dropped, it doesn't matter which map he counts. He could literally be counting any T3 map, and only that T3 map, and as long as he does so long enough to get a good statistical sample, he can test the hypothesis "Bisco's doesn't affect map drops" on any confidence level he wants to test it on.

Ahahah, so what if he uncompletecd t9s and t10s? There are lower maps, too. He could have gotten 160 strands and 100 lower tier maps, while in the other test he could have gotten 100 strands and 160 lower tier maps, we simply DONT KNOW. randomness of the maps is so volatile 60 runs isnt nearly enough to make a statement, especially when he didnt even include ALL the drops, or, like he specifically said, made arbitrary decisions on specific things (like not running backwards abysses)

IF he really wanted to do a proper test, he would have...

And its funny, how his results are brough as some kind of proof, when the other guy, who did 40/40 atolls and had 20% more map drops without bisco just to show, that map drops are very random was discredited as unreliable and low sample size etc.
"

Ahahah, so what if he uncompletecd t9s and t10s? There are lower maps, too. He could have gotten 160 strands and 100 lower tier maps, while in the other test he could have gotten 100 strands and 160 lower tier maps, we simply DONT KNOW. randomness of the maps is so volatile 60 runs isnt nearly enough to make a statement, especially when he didnt even include ALL the drops, or, like he specifically said, made arbitrary decisions on specific things (like not running backwards abysses)

IF he really wanted to do a proper test, he would have...

And its funny, how his results are brough as some kind of proof, when the other guy, who did 40/40 atolls and had 20% more map drops without bisco just to show, that map drops are very random was discredited as unreliable and low sample size etc.

Someone run AToll with Bisco's to test as well? hmmm.
"
"
complex math

Technically, his 'experiment' only suggests that Strand maps might be more likely to drop while using Biscos.

But unless you have a good reason to think a specific variety of maps is more or less volatile than other varieties of maps, there isn't a big difference between using only Strand maps and using all kinds of dropped maps. The data would be more robust, but not more accurate. We have no reason to think that including all maps dropped would do anything but raise the average number of maps found per run.

Again though, without knowing the specifics of the data we can't make any conclusions. His example raises flags that something could be going on, and somebody who cares enough should do a more well-documented set of runs.

"

Mind linking me to that guy? 20% more map drops and really random sounds like you wouldn't be able to make a yes/no with any confidence, and thus legitimately need more data to make a valid decision.
But like, it'd be nice to have some actual data.
Last edited by Duodecimus on Jan 12, 2018 3:14:55 PM
"

Bisco's collar is like 60c in standard (around the correct price compared to all other MF Items) and 18ex+ in ladder.

Just wanted to quote this again to show how retarded the sheep are in this game. Is bisco's good? Yes. Is it 18ex good? for 99% of the people that own one... no fucking way.

If I dropped one today I would sell it instantly. Streamers have hyped this shit to the end of days...

The benefit is that as a result all other really good amulets are dirt cheap right now... so I hope they keep up the hysteria!
Some of the ventors are 60-100ex. Like 140+ all res with top life and MF. People just need something to spend on. No way will you make back what a setup like that costs compared to no MF
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 12, 2018 4:25:54 PM
I love bisco. I can't play this game without bisco.
"

Mind linking me to that guy? 20% more map drops and really random sounds like you wouldn't be able to make a yes/no with any confidence, and thus legitimately need more data to make a valid decision.
But like, it'd be nice to have some actual data.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7ozqm1/tested_to_see_if_biscos_affects_map_drops/
"
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7ozqm1/tested_to_see_if_biscos_affects_map_drops/

Aw jeez, he did the exact same thing the video guy did, and only posted total runs and total maps.

I pinged him about getting source data, but I can't say I'm too hopeful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info