[3.3] All Uniques Whispering Ice - 2ex Total (All Content, Shaper/Elder Deathless)

"
xTanorz wrote:
"
is there any Whispering ice build with not go into CI

This one does not take CI

"
i mean i would prefair to play with armor and life.

Going life is a waste because intelligence give you ES, and this build only work with low life because of all the auras.
You already have a lot of armor and evasion rating, 5500 armor and 8700 evasion for me.

Anyway I just did for the first time Shaper, Uber Atziri and the hall of the grandmasters with this build. It worked great.

You turn off purity of elements or ice for HoGM? Haven't tried it cuz low life cull.
"
Barzhal wrote:

You turn off purity of elements or ice for HoGM? Haven't tried it cuz low life cull.

I don't remember wich one I removed, but tbh I don't think it makes a big difference if you play carefully.
The main thing is to pay attention to the "max blocker" grandmasters, and kill them with a skill that doesn't proc on-hit effect.
Would this build work with Firestorm instead of Scorching Ray?
Here's my next character. It's just self-cast icestorm with no fire conversion but as a hybird es/life character. I'll be stacking chaos resist and I am still calculated to get around 550-600 Int but stacking crit means I'll ignore ele resistances so the damage should be similar. I'll have 260% increased EHP combined with MoM, i'll be a tank.

Tree

Gems

Whispering Ice: Spell Echo + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased Critical Damage + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Concentrated Effect

Chest: Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark + PCoC + Increased Area of Effect

Boots/helm/gloves: Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge + Ice Golem

Boots/helm/gloves: CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Enfeeble

Boots/helm/gloves: CWDT + GMP + Arctic Breath + Hypothermia (or vaal haste(s) and vaal discipline(s))

Essence Worm: Discipline
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Would this build work with Firestorm instead of Scorching Ray?

Firestorm isn't a channeled skill. We rely on cast while channeling+ scorching ray to cast icestorm for free.
Build is working fantastic, killed some red guardians at level 70 to see how it would do and it killed 2 of them fairly smoothly, died once to lightning dude as I wasn't sure how much I could tank. DPS at 70 was pretty low though. Farmed today until 87 (build is pretty slow at mapping, not sure how much further I want to go, maybe 90?) and did red guardians/elder extremely smoothly - I phase guardians very quickly now as long as they stand still, and its all fairly safe (had no deaths or close calls even).

I picked up a freeze immunity / ES on hit watcher's eye for 3ex and replaced the immortal call setup with CWDT - Ball Lightning - GMP - Slower Projectiles. Can afk in packs with this setup, not the best for single target but for any boss with adds (like elder) it does a fastastic job of keeping my ES up. I've been looking for a Watcher's Eye with freeze immunity, es on hit and anger/vitality leech, but its gonna be extremely rare/expensive.

Overall really nice build for ~6-7ex investment so far. Hoping to take this to uber elder, DPS may not be high enough but will see.
I have a question, which Watcher's eye will be better for this build ?
The damage leech on Vitality or es gain on Discipline? Since we can use only 1 Watcher Eye.
StaticTemplar
"
khacthien89 wrote:
The damage leech on Vitality or es gain on Discipline? Since we can use only 1 Watcher Eye.

I used ES on hit + freeze immunity early on as there was nothing else available. Red Elder was pretty comfortable with it. I just picked up a leech w/ vitality + es on hit + freeze immunity jewel for 7ex, the uber elder ones can have 3 mods.
What about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Black_Sun_Crest instead of Vertex?
Last edited by BahamutSimon on Mar 23, 2018, 1:43:51 PM
"
khacthien89 wrote:

I'm using the es gain on hit this league, but I used the life leach version last league. While the life leach gives you a bit more es per hit on mobs, with the es on hit version you don't need to spec into ghost reaver. I find this works well because your vaal discipline is more effective and really with this build the only thing that will kill you is intense spike damage pressure anyways.
Last edited by Barzhal on Mar 24, 2018, 1:16:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info