[3.1] Gladiator Reave | Slayer Cyclone | Oni-Goroshi | Budget & Beginner Friendly

Nice build, thanks for posting this. I have one question. How do you combat the mana regen on this build? I'm having a heck of a time managing it.

Thanks
What sword do u suggest as a upgrade?
"
zenixmoo wrote:
How far/what are people clearing with this now? Seems an interesting build I may try, just wondering?

I'm only into t6 maps right now @ level 77 Slayer Cyclone. Going pretty good..max res, 4.2k life and it seems like i struggle defense wise but cutting through content pretty well other than that.

Gear:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Still obviously need a Kaom's so using a life/res chest until i get one.
"
ratinfel wrote:
Nice build, thanks for posting this. I have one question. How do you combat the mana regen on this build? I'm having a heck of a time managing it.

Thanks

A single .4% mana leech node under Vaal pact does a lovely job of stopping mana troubles.

"
j22vait wrote:
What sword do u suggest as a upgrade?

I suggest eventually swapping to Disfavour if you're running Cyclone

If you're running Reave just a 350-370-380-400+ pDPS sword with a Death's hand or strong stat-stick offhand.

"
Mech_ wrote:
"
zenixmoo wrote:
How far/what are people clearing with this now? Seems an interesting build I may try, just wondering?

I'm only into t6 maps right now @ level 77 Slayer Cyclone. Going pretty good..max res, 4.2k life and it seems like i struggle defense wise but cutting through content pretty well other than that.

Still obviously need a Kaom's so using a life/res chest until i get one.

Until then you should try to push for 70+ life on all your rares and maxing out the Scion life Cluster. Of course at level 77 it's hard, but eventually you'll be able to top off nearly 6k life without a Kaom's. Otherwise glad to hear it's going well.

Which of these two builds do you find to be more fun and/or consistent?
"
RinneusVult wrote:
Which of these two builds do you find to be more fun and/or consistent?

Reave+Herald of Ice just feels really really nice because I love herald of ice pops, but Cyclone is entirely more consistent. I've been farming Shaped Channel with Slayer Cyclone and enjoying it with Haemophilia. Been making lots of currency and it's been cool. I swapped links to try Reave with this set-up and it farms just as well albeit a bit slower due to windup in between some packs. That being said, I'd not run Cyclone unless you can muster 6k+ life just on the basis of Reave giving you lots of extra range as a layer of safety.
Last edited by Zeiin on Dec 27, 2017, 10:42:31 PM
I am doing the Oni-Goroshi Slayer Reave version of the build and with level 69 it is feeling really good.

Only thing i wonder is the Physical Projectile Attack Damage gem in the Lightpoacher. Is this a mistake? Since Spirit Burst is a spell it is not supported by that gem, right?
How is this for build for farming Uber lab?
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:
I am doing the Oni-Goroshi Slayer Reave version of the build and with level 69 it is feeling really good.

Only thing i wonder is the Physical Projectile Attack Damage gem in the Lightpoacher. Is this a mistake? Since Spirit Burst is a spell it is not supported by that gem, right?

That's correct and I totally forgot about that detail, very good catch.

"
Guvnah153 wrote:
How is this for build for farming Uber lab?

You might want to make some considerations for Uber Lab like dropping Vaal Pact and overall getting more movement speed/physical damage reduction. The damage should be there though.
Last edited by Zeiin on Dec 28, 2017, 12:25:23 AM
Got to 70 today. Made the swap to Reave and it feels so good. I didn't quite understand the Vaal Reave interaction, but makes sense now that I am using it.

I took your advice and skipped the two starter uniques. Decided to do a little daydreaming and hit up poe.trade and typed in a minimum of 1.9 APS and sorted from highest Physical DPS down. I scrolled a bit and got into the 1-2ex range, 318pdps. Right in the middle was this sword, which was listed for the last hour at 25 chaos.

I did a quick PoB sim before I bought it and it took my Reave DPS from 21k sheet to 37k. Life Leech/On Hit Rate went from 700 to 1500.

I don't know if somehow the sword isn't good like I thought, or maybe the guy selling it didn't quite realize it was better than 25c. But for 25c, I felt it was worth the gamble.

Going to pair it with a Death's Hand and give it a go. Picked this one up fore 1 Chaos.

This combination should last me awhile I hope, until I can get a shaper stat stick off hand. For 26c total, I can't complain.

Out of town the next couple days, but will report back when I make some progress :) Thanks again!
Last edited by Texans1231 on Dec 28, 2017, 1:11:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info