[3.1] Gladiator Reave | Slayer Cyclone | Oni-Goroshi | Budget & Beginner Friendly

"
In general I would use the same exact tree on a Cycloner, or any attack skill really. Blade Flurry is another big one the only difference would be the links you have your Cyclone in.

I'd use:
6L Cyclone - Cyclone + Increased Critical Damage OR Faster Attack Support + Melee Physical + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Bloodlust + Increased AoE/Conc Effect for bossing.

Really appreciate the reply. Trying this in HC right now at lvl 39 and its melting everything pretty effectively. Will be trying out the links you mentioned. Currently have Cyclone - Melee Phys - Added Fire dmg - Faster Attacks - Chance to Bleed - Fortify. Herald of Ash up as well.

Planning on taking Champion Ascendancy for Fortitude, First to Strike Last to Fall, and Inspirational for more tankiness in HC.

This sword is pretty fun and Her Embrace proc is a beautiful thing.
"
Iceclops wrote:
"
In general I would use the same exact tree on a Cycloner, or any attack skill really. Blade Flurry is another big one the only difference would be the links you have your Cyclone in.

I'd use:
6L Cyclone - Cyclone + Increased Critical Damage OR Faster Attack Support + Melee Physical + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Bloodlust + Increased AoE/Conc Effect for bossing.

Really appreciate the reply. Trying this in HC right now at lvl 39 and its melting everything pretty effectively. Will be trying out the links you mentioned. Currently have Cyclone - Melee Phys - Added Fire dmg - Faster Attacks - Chance to Bleed - Fortify. Herald of Ash up as well.

Planning on taking Champion Ascendancy for Fortitude, First to Strike Last to Fall, and Inspirational for more tankiness in HC.

This sword is pretty fun and Her Embrace proc is a beautiful thing.

Actually spent a few chaos to buy the gems to try the links in practice and not just looking at PoB. It works really well, though Kaom's roots is definitely too slow here. Also it feels a little more dangerous due to the significant range decrease (Reave eventually becomes a cross-screen skill if you're not using conc effect) and because of that I'd actually suggest either Champion like you're running or Slayer. Slayer might be ideal with a high life pool (read: Kaom's heart).
deleted
Last edited by ethaniw on Dec 23, 2017, 10:32:19 PM
"
"
Iceclops wrote:
Hey there! I'm currently doing a similar build with a duelist, however i was trying out cyclone with a similar tree. Any suggestions or comments on cyclone vs reave or any other skill that works with Oni?

I'd use:
6L Cyclone - Cyclone + Increased Critical Strikes OR Faster Attack Support + Melee Physical + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Maim + Increased AoE/Conc Effect for bossing.

You may or may not have more trouble sustaining the mana cost, and you may not want to use Kaom's roots as they're very low in the movement speed department.

Getting 20-30% movement speed boots with good resistances/life, eventually working towards Kaom's Heart, and dropping Curse on Hit Herald of Ice for just Herald of Ash should make Cyclone very reliable and comfortable.
But even in the current budget set-up a mana leech node or two should suffice. If you'd like I can give Cyclone a try later today. Cyclone would deal about 2x-2.5x the damage of Reave but cover less area.

EDIT: Meant Maim, wrote Bloodlust, I wouldn't suggest Bloodlust here.

Yes please do check it out!

I'm a newer player and so a lot of the builds / trees are confusing. If possible could you make a cyclone version? Or explain which nodes to remove if you want to eventually switch from Oni-Goroshi and into other weapons / two-handers (say if an Atziri's Disfavor drops)?
"
ethaniw wrote:

I'm a newer player and so a lot of the builds / trees are confusing. If possible could you make a cyclone version? Or explain which nodes to remove if you want to eventually switch from Oni-Goroshi and into other weapons / two-handers (say if an Atziri's Disfavor drops)?

I'll add a new tree for Cyclone in a little bit if that's alright! I actually made another one for a Slayer (which I think would be better for Cyclone).

I'll post it in a little bit for Oni-Goroshi as well as Two-handed axes.

The biggest takeaway is that you want to remove any one-handed sword damaging nodes and add on two-handed axe nodes. Not only that, but while running Cyclone you can take a handful of less damage on tree in favor of a ton more life for an extremely safe and consistent build.
The tree I've made can reach about 6.8k-7k life without much of a hassle. Even more if we decide not to build Crit (which I prefer).
Last edited by Zeiin on Dec 24, 2017, 1:29:02 AM
"

Actually spent a few chaos to buy the gems to try the links in practice and not just looking at PoB. It works really well, though Kaom's roots is definitely too slow here. Also it feels a little more dangerous due to the significant range decrease (Reave eventually becomes a cross-screen skill if you're not using conc effect) and because of that I'd actually suggest either Champion like you're running or Slayer. Slayer might be ideal with a high life pool (read: Kaom's heart).

So after im around 57 now and have really been enjoying cycloning around with OG.

I also decided to try out Blade Flurry to see how that goes since its got some distance over cyclone. While trying BF, i noticed that Her Embrace was proccing waaaay more. Nearly every other hit it seems to proc. Whereas with cyclone it feels like its hardly proccing at all.

Any clue as to why that might be? I'm using essentially the same links, just switching out cyclone and BF. Melee Phys - Added Fire - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Maim.
"
Iceclops wrote:
"

So after im around 57 now and have really been enjoying cycloning around with OG.

I also decided to try out Blade Flurry to see how that goes since its got some distance over cyclone. While trying BF, i noticed that Her Embrace was proccing waaaay more. Nearly every other hit it seems to proc. Whereas with cyclone it feels like its hardly proccing at all.

Any clue as to why that might be? I'm using essentially the same links, just switching out cyclone and BF. Melee Phys - Added Fire - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Maim.

You get more hits per second with Blade Flurry than Cyclone, so you have more chances to crit/apply ignite.
Eventually this'll be negligible because you'll have basically 100% uptime of Her's Embrace regardless.
Last edited by Zeiin on Dec 24, 2017, 3:26:55 AM
Added a new tree (using Oni-Goroshi) for more a lot more life while maintaining a good amount of damage.

Redid some setups to add safety as well, added to original post for any curious. Reached 6k life with ease and am doing a lot better in the facetank area, but facetanking is rarely suggested.
Last edited by Zeiin on Dec 24, 2017, 7:50:23 AM
"
"
ethaniw wrote:

I'll add a new tree for Cyclone in a little bit if that's alright! I actually made another one for a Slayer (which I think would be better for Cyclone).

The biggest takeaway is that you want to remove any one-handed sword damaging nodes and add on two-handed axe nodes. Not only that, but while running Cyclone you can take a handful of less damage on tree in favor of a ton more life for an extremely safe and consistent build.
The tree I've made can reach about 6.8k-7k life without much of a hassle. Even more if we decide not to build Crit (which I prefer).

Is the "more life" build the one you're talking about or are you making a new thread?

Thanks so much btw!
"
ethaniw wrote:
"
"
ethaniw wrote:

Is the "more life" build the one you're talking about or are you making a new thread?

Thanks so much btw!

The more life one is updated in the original post and is very similar to what I'd run on disfavour, but when I get home I'll give you a full on Disfavor tree! The one right now is just Oni-Goroshi based with tons more life. So to clarify, no new thread ^^
Last edited by Zeiin on Dec 24, 2017, 9:02:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info