[3.1] Gladiator Reave | Slayer Cyclone | Oni-Goroshi | Budget & Beginner Friendly

Would you say that reave with oni would be viable for uberlab?
Hi i started to run this build today but realy fast i ran into an issue where do you get mana? Like i am running t12 maps and my mana sustain is not at it's best sometimes i even run out of it so yeah i am starting to think about taking some mana leech nodes but maybe you have some more effective way to sustain mana (running cyclone slayer build of yours)
"
Guvnah153 wrote:
Would you say that reave with oni would be viable for uberlab?

As long as it's Slayer it's viable for Uber Lab.

"
skillerino wrote:
Hi i started to run this build today but realy fast i ran into an issue where do you get mana? Like i am running t12 maps and my mana sustain is not at it's best sometimes i even run out of it so yeah i am starting to think about taking some mana leech nodes but maybe you have some more effective way to sustain mana (running cyclone slayer build of yours)

I keep blood magic linked to whirling blades and take 1 mana leech node.
Pretty good build imo.
Leveled it 2 times both with oni-goroshi, once with molten strike and switched to crit reave after brine king.The crit was a bit sloppy but it was definitely not slow or bad.
Second time i leveled with spectral throw which was suprised be pretty much because it was sooo strong after i picked the left sword/bleed nodes and the first lab points for the bleed chance, and Crimson dance. Basically the only reasonable gear i had was oni, and the meginord's gridle belt and i deleted bosses/phases in a about 2 seconds. If you have experience with ST i definetly recommend leveling with it. To level with ST you need to pick up the Berserking IAS nodes below the Scion hp circle which you just gonna regret later, and also when you reach "Art of the gladiator" just go down on the projectile nodes, not on the dexterity, thats all folks.

Im 74 at the time of writing this pushing maps. Dps is pretty good, ive got enough hp to be reckless at lower tiers. The only problem ive noticed is mana and the degen.

For mana: you can use a mana pot, (probs colossal coz low pool but long sustain and 5 charge)
but since we would like to use our big boy flasks this is not really a good solution, you can still do this even up to t9-10 without a problem imo.
Later you should pick up a jewel or gloves or ammy/ring with mana steal on it.The only time mana becomes a problem is when you single target a beefier map boss and you run out of mana, which is really annoying. If you dont have kaom's chest you can easily socket Whirling blades with blood magic so thats not a problem.

Degen: Until you swap to reave you can run stone golem and that basically perfectly negates it with the golem's blood node.The real problem is late game, when you switch to ice golem, and in the end Vaal pact. The degen is huge and weapon swapping is really sloppy especially when you kind of reposition in a fight and you are eating 10%max hp damage for no reason just because you dont attack for a second.I found this to be the only real problem with the build honestly. You have to be careful with that but its manageable.Btw i strongly suggest not picking up vaal pact before lvl ~70ish, the early huge hp pool and solid damage and clear will carry you no problem, just look out for reflect.

TL;DR : you can level with spectral throw and its really strong and fun -> oni-goroshi , meginord's gridle , karui ward ammy.

mana : use a pot till maps, and get leech on gear later(probs jewel is fine)
degen: stone golem till you level, weapon swap later w good poti management and vaal pact.
DONT PICK UP VAAL PACT BEFORE MAPS!
DONT RUSH FOR THE DMG NODES ON THE RIGHT, WEAPON+6l WILL CARRY YOU INTO MAPS.

Have fun my dudes, and huge thanks for OP, for posting the original build
For mana concerns, take the .4% mana leech node near Vaal Pact as well as Druidic Right that's to the right of Vaal Pact. I've been running without mana issues since the start and only took Druidic Right for the Flask duration, but it will also help with mana.
I am almost considering running over and grabbing Constitution for the health increase. It would put me at 4k health, right now I'm at 3.5k

Anyone mind giving a quick review of my gear/build to give me an idea for what to aim for next? I died a couple times in a t8 map. Could just be needing to "learn to play" the build. With the huge Reave AoE, I prob just need to learn that I don't need to be right on top of things to kill them.

Thanks!

Build: https://pastebin.com/DnMD43Rd

Constitution worth it? Or should I go grab Brutal and Fatal blade?

Gear:

And one last question... Vaal Pact. I play a lot with a buddy of mine. If we are just clearing trash, I can find leeching a bit tough. Should I consider dropping this since I duo a lot? I'd also like to run Uber Labs eventually. I figured I'd just respec when I wanted to run it, so maybe it makes sense to just drop it? Thoughts?

Again, appreciate the help!
Last edited by Texans1231 on Dec 28, 2017, 12:33:28 PM
"
Texans1231 wrote:
I am almost considering running over and grabbing Constitution for the health increase. It would put me at 4k health, right now I'm at 3.5k

Anyone mind giving a quick review of my gear/build

And one last question... Vaal Pact. I play a lot with a buddy of mine. If we are just clearing trash, I can find leeching a bit tough. Should I consider dropping this since I duo a lot? I'd also like to run Uber Labs eventually. I figured I'd just respec when I wanted to run it, so maybe it makes sense to just drop it? Thoughts?

Again, appreciate the help!

Dropping it is fine, adapting to how you're mapping and playing is an important part of following build guides.

Gear for your level is fine, eventually just beef up life here and there, should reach 5-6k+ life when you get Scion Life nodes.

On that note, you're only level 70. You should get the Thick Skin life nodes under Twin Terrors and work your way towards the Scion Life cluster (read: Constitution) and fill that out.

If by around level 82-85 (when you get Constitution and Thick Skin, etc) you're still having issues leeching/surviving, fill out other life nodes, drop the Fencing nodes (4 points to the right of Twin Terror) and take Vitality Void leech nodes under Vaal Pact.

I'd make the tree right now but I only had time to glance at the tree, I'll export one later if needed.
Are other skills worth considering in builds like this aside from Reave and Cyclone? I'm fairly new and am just learning.
"
Are other skills worth considering in builds like this aside from Reave and Cyclone? I'm fairly new and am just learning.

Generally, this tree/setup should work with any Attack skill (not spell) that you can use with a sword. Molten Strike, Infernal Blow, Dominating Blow, Spectral Throw, etc. etc. can all be considered. Of course the tree may have to be adjusted for some specific skills, but other skills are worth considering.
Been casually leveling a gladiator for reave (may switch to slayer cyclone as well). Dropped this chest on my Skelemancer in a Chimera Map. I think it will go nice with the build.

Current Gear. Pretty solid. Although I'm not used to actually playing the game anymore :) My skelemancer let me walk behind everything as things died. haha

Spoiler
Last edited by crzytimes on Dec 29, 2017, 1:09:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info