Season One, Race Event 21: One Week Party

Ya without level bracket rewards I see no reason to do this one either. At best I could hope for 2 points for a weeks worth of race? Seems kind of weak. But good luck to all those who enter. :)
I work and therefore this is a dead event for me.

That said, I like the fact that whilst this is running, I might stand a better chance to place higher in the shorter races - although i suspect the top runners will stop the weekly, run the shorter races, and then go back to the weekly.

With level brackets I might have tried to make an alt, playing it instead of my main over the week - but without, I wont even bother doing that.

Morgal
Wow I am disappointed, I was hoping for spot prizes at least. The rewards do seem really unfair. Especially considering that the same people always win 1-20 so there's like no chance of getting in there. Also you can get the same prize amount for anything less with a couple runs of shorter events.

I hope GGG consider changing the prize rewards for this event otherwise it really wouldn't be worth it.

This really sucks because I was really looking forward to the 1 week race. I loved them in Closed Beta.
"'What is this thing, anyway?' said the Dean, inspecting the implement in his hands.
'It's called a shovel', said the Senior Wrangler. 'I've seen the gardeners use them. You stick the sharp end in the ground. Then it gets a bit technical.'" -Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
Last edited by thirstybob on Feb 28, 2013, 8:06:03 AM
Most of the previous posts point out the lack of reward for the higher tiered placings. I would like to focus on the bottom end of the RP scale. The point of these races apart from placing at the top would be to have fun and to encourage people to play hardcore.

I'm still learning the mechanics of these races. Surviving and making the minimal tiered requirement are my goals. Would it not encourage people to play for a week if they knew 501-1000 placed players got 1RP or to spread this out to 2000 or 3000 even?

I would love to participate, playing a HC racing alt for a week, but knowing there is no chance for any reward for a weeks effort precludes entrants from even bothering to start leaving all to bicker - rightly - what is the point of a weekly in its current manifestation.
IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
will there be difference kind races?
or is every race about who gets higest level?

here is some ideas :
-progression focused races
-trading be disabled in solo races
-everyone starts at "7th class" position on passivetree
-time race who complete normal fastest!
-only one class race.
-every drop is at least magic item!
-sell 10/15/20? difference currency orbs to vendor to win race.
-more cut-throat races!
-max Xhour race with /played command. like open for 1week but can only play 10hour.
I understand some of the motivations of GGG behind these awful rewards, but is too much.

The week race provides ground for no-lifing or epeen as it stands, but has nothing much going for it:
1) People which can invest plenty of time and is high in the main HC ladders will lose levelling time with their main characters. Wasting it to grab a few reward points (and risk not getting them at all) which could be easily taken investing a lot less time in short races not worth it.
2) People who can't invest the time will also lose main levelling time and the reward for doing it is pretty much nothing.

Sure you can use the race to build up wealth (which is difficult to do in short races), but you can probably do that with your main character, more efficiently, and still grab XP. The only motivation behind it is to make a durable alt character besides your main, but this is a circumstantial motivation, not an objective incentive for doing the race.

Buff rewards and put in place brackets like in CB races please, as it stands is awful.

Guys,
I understand and agree with all of you that in terms of points it's not worth it. I'm a solo player so I won't even bother.

However, I believe this is consistent with GGG's philosophy of starting slow and increasing the rewards throughout the season to make it so slow starters have a chance. The 1 week race in 1 month is probably going to be worth double the points or something.

If they didn't do it this way, someone could have missed the first week and be guaranteed to lose. That's one way to do it but imagine the complaints.
I'm OK with the Rewards for the Top but really miss some small Level Rewards or for finishing Cruel or Merciless within this Week ... there should be a Way to give the Pros what theay deserve to fight for & some nice little Something for the other People slowly working their hard HC-Way throught this quite though (but still great) Game.
In the Ende I will do the Race & some of the short Ones in between just for Fun ...
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
u can still take a brake a and do the small races for points, and i think people would do that.

i think i gonna join hte 1 week race, atleast its an excuse for getting another char to 70+
New to the races but will i be able to join the race a few hrs after it starts? or do i have to make a character at the beginning of it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info