Season One, Race Event 21: One Week Party

Anyone else missing stuff from their stash in 1 week ladder after merge? i had like 30 chisels i didnt get to use since i died close to the end, but they are nowhere to be found now =/
I played mostly because I needed to re-roll my EK Witch so might as well take few race points while doing that. Got to level 72. Soloed the whole time and was self found except Reduced Mana and one Added Fire gems which I traded early on. Didn't do any maps as I didn't want to risk it before I get some better gear from my HC stash.

Biggest flaw in my gear is IMO the lack of life. Just couldn't get decent stuff with life on it and run out of Fusings so had to stick with some of the crappier stuff like my helm. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my race. Actually got higher level than my HC characters are at the moment :D
Last edited by kuukkeli on Mar 10, 2013, 6:44:38 PM
My initial thoughts are WOW I DIDN'T DIE! Score one for the home team!! Beyond that I feel like these races are insanely fun. Great concept. If I were to change anything though it would be the prize support. Currently prizes feel very very underwhelming to the point of almost not actually being incentive at all but just rather trivial. The prize has to be desirable or no one will care. I'm already seeing this in-game. People just aren't interested because they would rather do maps. I can't even convince my friend who introduced me to path/races to actually do them!!!!

I started the one-week race not caring how I did, because the prizes were very underwhelming. I slept like 12 hours the first night, and at least 8+ most of the week (I'm that guy who sleeeeeps in) It's simply that there is no incentive offered for me to "try hard". In my mind even if I went for the goal of first. What do I stand to gain? 60 pts and a demi? It just doesn't seem worth the investment at all. While the unique look coral ring is probably the coolest item for the entire season points; it's not worth losing sleep over. (which is good obviously because it's a reward for accumulated points I'm just drawing the correlation of 60 pts = coral ring)) Not even remotely. Even Demi's aren't really incentive because they are pretty much useless other than "hey look I got a demi"... to which the normal response is... "cool"... and then that's it... Very boring.

Now I'm not trying to hate by any means I am hoping simply to offer my insight and that of my friends in hopes that you are able to make choices that properly benefit the game. I really enjoy PoE. Please hold my friends' interest! When races were announced everyone was so excited, and now people are just like, "what's the point", or "Yeah I guess we can race, I've got nothing better to do". I hate hearing this! You can get people excited by just going that next step.

It's deeper than just offering "points", I'll be honest none of the season rewards seem very interesting to me. I've talked with friends about this to long extent and while some of the cosmetic stuff is kind of cool, it's just ... blah. My solution to this whole thing would be to offer microtransaction points to the winner. #1 only. The number 1 person of the race gets 200 points added to their account. Is that really so hard? In retrospect that's a bundle of stash tabs... It's SOOOOO MINISCULE... yet that would be more incentive than there currently is. They can then get cool cosmetic stuff or extra stash tabs or whatever, and what does it really cost the company? I would argue nothing! I would argue that it actually entices MORE people to spend MORE time in your game, and that will ultimately equal MORE sales. MORE money is always good for any company, so please as a player offer me MORE incentive.

Currently it announces in global when someone in the top x dies. (I think it's 25?) I feel like this should be at least top 50. It's more engaging and adds atmosphere when someone dies. I would even say top 100 for the longer races.

Weird stuff... I was rank 36, and I was teamed up with the rank 35. We did several maps together over many hours. He had to travel from university where he was playing to home or w/e. So he tells me, "be back in 20, blah blah blah" then logs off. (This was after we had completed a map). About 15 minutes later I look at the rankings and his name is gone. It's just gone. He logs in 10-15 minutes later, and is in default league. How does someone log out, and log back into default league? On day 7 this is just brutal. He was insanely upset and the answer he got from support was basically, "that sucks for you". Now I understand the different arguments here, acknowledging that it would be very difficult to pick and choose, so the company just says, "we'll it's hardcore, sucks to be you", or "beta!". Which is fine but please please please fix whatever causes these things! Have some people doing active QA to find these bugs and fix them so people don't lose hours/days/weeks/months of time because of some faulty code. I know he didn't die. I was there. No death. The server was also going crazy at the same time, it was announcing "FIRST TO ENTER X" every time anyone went into any zone, filling global with maaaassss spam. I'm just pointing out I am convinced 100% that my new found friend was a victim of the PoE servers, and I think by minimizing the number of "victims" it will improve player experience by a lot.

I'd like to say I completely coasted into top 50, while still having fun, there just wasn't much incentive to be "competitive" and looking at the standings I'd say I'm not the only one that came to such a conclusion. A Huge shoutout to everyone in the top 10 you guys are monsters despite what I hope isn't contrived as QQ but rather constructive input. Hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse, and these issues can be addressed in the future.

Thanks for reading, See you guys in the next week+
-TheLegendaryZeus
"
eype wrote:
Duod with finrodi after our EK Witch decided to oneshot herself in Merciless Docks
i just hope i'll get the chance to redeem myself sometime soon <3
Really love how this 1 week race had the perfect timing for me, no study or bachelor exams close yet. I finally had the chance to try out a race, guess I could aimed higher but 34 or so was a OK ranking for me. Did everything solo, altho I traded some (Mostly selling stuff for currency) Slacking a lot by sleeping 8-12 hours everyday, then took a 24hr marathon at the last day to rise up from r50.
Feels like a scrub now, but this is my highest level ever on POE, my last maur died at 70.
+ oh yeah forgot died like a retard at my first dagger duelist in western forest at lvl 16, in this race.
GG, everyone was fun.

"
Jonatan wrote:
"
eype wrote:
Duod with finrodi after our EK Witch decided to oneshot herself in Merciless Docks
i just hope i'll get the chance to redeem myself sometime soon <3

hihi
IGN: @Finrodi ||| twitch.tv/finrodi
Because I am still quite bad at this game, I had to put in quite insane hours to get my Demi. Even so, getting the top ten would not be possible without my awesome teammates. I would like to thank to all the LBW guys for letting me on the team and teaching me so much about the game, especially to Dave (getsunnednerd) and Cui (LBW_OldManlyMan). Many thanks also go to Blood (Bloodclotpls) for partying with us in the final phase, for his insight on my build, fusing my gloves and much more. But the biggest "Thank you!" goes to the internet legends Finrodi (Finrodii) and Eype (Eypes), who picked me up when I was soloing 66s and carried me hard the whole second half of the race. These guys started Poe in OB and still made insane run for #1 against much bigger group, running mostly duo against a six man. I would also like to thank LilApples, LBW_Relidan and many other who I can't remember right now. I definitely shouldn't forget ITSFIVEO tho, he's just the coolest. Thank you all for this awesome week.
Thank you GGG for an incredible game, but please think about upgrading the 1 week point rewards.

C ya all in game, and don't forget to

VIPER STRIKE 'EM BITCHES!

IGN: LBW_Reflexor
IGN: Reflexor, EYPETHEWHORE (invasion)
Last edited by Vhagar on Mar 11, 2013, 12:13:08 PM
"
Vhagar wrote:

VIPER STRIKE 'EM BITCHES!

Love you mate! haha
IGN: @Finrodi ||| twitch.tv/finrodi
"
Vhagar wrote:
I definitely shouldn't forget ITSFIVEO tho, he's just the coolest.

5-0 5-0 whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when he comes for u

/ITSFIVEO
Last edited by Peruzzy on Mar 11, 2013, 12:56:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info