Season One, Race Event 21: One Week Party

Unreal. This game is taking a turn for the worse.
It's starting to look like diablo 3 in the fact that it had great potential, but is heading in the wrong direction.

The time investment (which is time spent away from your main char) is simply just not worth the reward. At this point I'd go back to the random currency rewards if they don't find a good balance for the point system.

Prestige status in gaming comes from quality of play. Very rarely it comes from a main aspect of attrition/quantity play.

My suggestions:
1. Make the rewards worth the time investment. Scale the reward points for time invested
2. Lower the quantity of races, so that they are more likely to have higher participation and depth in competition.
3. Class reward restrictions need to stay, because the balances in the game have not yet been achieved.
4. Give melee more options for gems early on for balance.
5. Make it a week race. But give a 3 days played limit. So you have 7 days to complete 3 days played. That way its not bound to computer, but strategizing/efficiency. Sure I guess its still ok to have a race where there's no limit, but that will be such a minority of players.

please please please dont ruin the races by making them qty based and unrewarding. Having loads of < lvl 30 characters is not fun when you can be focused on progressing one character and getting them insanely geared/leveled. Some people will race for e-peen, but more people will race for rewards.

PS. I'm a fan of the currency grab bag. =)
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Last edited by HegemonyTV on Feb 28, 2013, 12:01:22 AM
I was really excited about the 1 week race, but the rewards leave a lot to be desired for the time commitment involved. The shorter races are far more efficient.
I started to quote messages because I was agreeing with every single post here. If I am not wrong, doing any competition in this would be a stupid thing to do for anyone that I can relate to.

It just seems so much easier to gain the wealth of one
by farming or trading in the hardcore or race ladder.

Just think about it... the winning team probably has to decide who gets to win 60RP and who gets to win 28RP. 28RP for winning a 1-week-race? Do you know how much time that is? You pretty much have to play every single day for many many hours... to win 28 RP?

Come on, hitting 29 in a 3-hour-party race? Not like you can do the 1-week solo. That is 6RP already. But we are comparing race *winners* and not average players (which are better off doing short races than players that invest 140 hours are in a one-week) so a clean win is usually 17RP for the weakest member.

I mean, come on. You basically force those who can be good in short races to stay away from competing. But moreso, even average players are better off doing 3h of races a day for a week and farming the wealth for one demigod during that week.

Is this an attempt to make the competition more 'sane'? Theoretically speaking, this introduces an upper limit for the time invested to not lose efficiency by doing the one-week-race. I would appreciate non-frustrating rewards coupled with time-capped races if that is the goal.

If not, this is just not enough. If people decide to commit enough to get #1 - #6, they did not do so because of the prizes (unless they are very incapable of staying alive when time is not a variable anymore and are seduced by the demigod not realizing they would be better off getting it through different means).
#1 Templar Closed Beta HC Ladder (lvl 83)
This seems terrible if i understand this correctly then if i place at 58th(my best placing so far) i will get 5 points compared to the 7 points i got for 58th in the 3 hour race?

This seems really bad for your average player in all of the races places 1 to at least 35 will be won by the streamers and nolifers so that leaves the rest of us out of the running for the demis which is all fine you shouldn't get one unless your willing to put in the time but all that leaves the rest of the players is the points which up into now where based largely on your ability to reach a certain level and you still got a reasonable amount of points regardless of how many nolifers were ahead of you as long as you where good enough to hit a certain level

Now you change the system to favor nolifers in a event the already favors them by nature i strongly recommend you have a rethink about this i usually wouldn't bother to post something like this on gaming forums but you seem to listen to your player base so hopefully this isn't a waste of time
if you changed it to where its based on time played, it would become way more fun and interesting.

Here is the scenario:
1. Started the race, pushed it pretty hard
2. Went to bed around 2am got a good 8 hr sleep
3. wake up, have coffee, check the ladder. See how you're progressing
4. Clock in and plow. You have an idea of your current standing, how much you need to improve, and how much your work has paid off.

Often when you /ladder you see the top 10. If you're the top 10, who knows what your progress is til its over. the 11th spot should be the nth spot where it shows your current standing

so it would look like

1. Nugiyen
2. Kripparian
3. xxxxxxx
4. xxxxxx
130th. Yourself

the excitment builds up, when you finish at night and you find out ur 90th. and then you go to sleep and wake up and find out your back at 150th.

Often times its not worth the time to be able to research your current standing.
Being able to take a minute without feeling like you're just getting further behind is taking a lot of potential fun out of it.

just my 2 cents again.
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Hi guys,
in addition, you should add random currency items like in the closed beta. What do you think?
i wanted to roll my first alt in the week race and expected lvls payouts like before. I can get top 500 np but its def not worth pushing for (i play solo). I can just lvl it on normal hc ladder with curency boost from my main and play 1-4 hours event instead.
I would have liked if there was some points for people reaching lvl 60 65 70 and so on... like in last 1week race. (well actually that before the last the one during christmas)

Because now I feel forced to play the most optimal class to get in top 500...

Well I think about it.

Either play lightningarrow BS

krippSMASH melee competition

or just don't participate

These rewards are terrible, please revise them.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
No level bracket rewards? What's the point in competing if you're not a top player lol
IGN: @Oos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info