Season One, Race Event 21: One Week Party

I was very happy in this race and my carakter is already planned but without reward for the level, I will boycotting this race and also for the people with work and real life is not possible to come to good points, I hope this decision will again covered, it is to see so I am not solitary with this thought.

Greeting Flucser
HARDCORE ONLY ~ ONE LIFE IS ENOUGH

Last edited by flucser on Feb 28, 2013, 5:57:58 AM
"
if you changed it to where its based on time played, it would become way more fun and interesting.

Here is the scenario:
1. Started the race, pushed it pretty hard
2. Went to bed around 2am got a good 8 hr sleep
3. wake up, have coffee, check the ladder. See how you're progressing
4. Clock in and plow. You have an idea of your current standing, how much you need to improve, and how much your work has paid off.

Often when you /ladder you see the top 10. If you're the top 10, who knows what your progress is til its over. the 11th spot should be the nth spot where it shows your current standing

so it would look like

1. Nugiyen
2. Kripparian
3. xxxxxxx
4. xxxxxx
130th. Yourself

the excitment builds up, when you finish at night and you find out ur 90th. and then you go to sleep and wake up and find out your back at 150th.

Often times its not worth the time to be able to research your current standing.
Being able to take a minute without feeling like you're just getting further behind is taking a lot of potential fun out of it.

just my 2 cents again.

Just no. 1 week races are 1 week races, not "limited time played for casuals" races. And they shouldn't limit time played in them, or any other race for that matter. What they should do for smaller races is allow somebody to start over a 12hr period and have the timer start for him when the character spawns. Because right now the races are spread over different time zones so much that it's impossible for even hardcore players to get the top prize, as it requires 5 points in 96 races. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that nobody would play enough to get it anyway with the current prize system.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Feb 28, 2013, 6:08:03 AM
No reward for achieving anything like first to clear X zone or whatever.
No reward for achieving a particular level.
No reward for playing a particular class.

So in other word, you must play a FOTM class and be a no-life to even consider getting a few points which you can get way easier on other races.

I am truly disappointed. This was the one event I was really looking forward even I didn't meant to play it hardcore. Now there is no point for me to play it.
No rewards for certain level brackets is really disappointing. Was looking forward to doing the Solo Melee challenge for fun and to get a few points but will probably end up just focusing on my main and doing some of the shorter races.
"
Aux wrote:
Definitely don't think it's worth the time investment, especially since you have no chance as a solo player.

I am personally boycotting these races and not participating until the point system becomes a bit more fair. As I see it, the time needed to get anywhere near the last price for the season takes such a substantial chunk of time and effort (and lack of responsibilities in real life) that it is practically impossible. I predict maybe 20 people will get the 480 point reward.

Adding to that the amount of hours taken away from your permanent character is more than enough to deter most people who are leveled-headed enough to weigh their options. In the estimated 300-400 hour investment it would take to achieve the 480 point reward, imagine what you could accomplish on your permanent league--instead of making 100+ lvl 20 characters from racing.

To sum it up: this game has everything going for it, one of the best is the competitive racing. It obviously needs a lot of tweaking to make it more accessible to people. Sure the 480 point reward should be attainable only by a few people who are very good, but it should not be determined by the lack of real life responsibilities. Some days require 9+ hours of racing and a commitment of a 7 day a week schedule for almost 2 months straight.

There has to be awards that are nearly impossible. It only makes sense.

Think about it, if the average player could get the very best award, what would the hardcore players, putting in 12 hours a day have to work towards?? Nothing.

It is unfair, a player that doesnt put in ridiculous hours and compete at the very top of the ladder will not get as many prizes. But it would also be unfair to just give all the prizes away to every player just for playing a few hours a day.

All GGG is trying to do is make sure there are prizes for all types of player. Any player can get a few of the rewards, the Wanderlust IMO is the best reward, and pretty easy to get. I will never see a 480 point reward, because I don't play as much, and I am not as good as these guys at the top of the ladder. Seems as fair as it can get, really.

Personally, it is incredibly refreshing to see a game stick to it's guns, and keep this game Hardcore friendly. I honestly believe that Blizzard and other game companies casual friendly design makes there games suck. They get more players, sure, but there was a Company a long time ago that made games because they loved making games, and the only thing that mattered was making the very best games possible. Than they got greedy, and created Diablo 3.

It's OK if GGG scares off some casual, younger players wanting everything handed to them, maybe they will make a little less money, but the community will be much better without them. And honestly, a lot of those types of players will never spend a penny on this game.

I would imagine most of their income is coming from the big supporters, who are all "hardcore" players, and people buying up a bunch of tabs. Again, the only reason you would need that many tabs is because you are farming enough hours a week to need them. I don't think they need to cater to casuals, because they are not the ones paying $100s or even $1000 to play this game.

And maybe, just maybe, there goal is to make a great game, not squeeze every penny out of every winy kid wanting to charge up mommies credit card for instant top-end gear.
Last edited by Litheum on Feb 28, 2013, 6:58:47 AM
"
Litheum wrote:
"
Aux wrote:
Definitely don't think it's worth the time investment, especially since you have no chance as a solo player.

I am personally boycotting these races and not participating until the point system becomes a bit more fair. As I see it, the time needed to get anywhere near the last price for the season takes such a substantial chunk of time and effort (and lack of responsibilities in real life) that it is practically impossible. I predict maybe 20 people will get the 480 point reward.

Adding to that the amount of hours taken away from your permanent character is more than enough to deter most people who are leveled-headed enough to weigh their options. In the estimated 300-400 hour investment it would take to achieve the 480 point reward, imagine what you could accomplish on your permanent league--instead of making 100+ lvl 20 characters from racing.

To sum it up: this game has everything going for it, one of the best is the competitive racing. It obviously needs a lot of tweaking to make it more accessible to people. Sure the 480 point reward should be attainable only by a few people who are very good, but it should not be determined by the lack of real life responsibilities. Some days require 9+ hours of racing and a commitment of a 7 day a week schedule for almost 2 months straight.

There has to be awards that are nearly impossible. It only makes sense.

Think about it, if the average player could get the very best award, what would the hardcore players, putting in 12 hours a day have to work towards?? Nothing.

It is unfair, a player that doesnt put in ridiculous hours and compete at the very top of the ladder will not get as many prizes. But it would also be unfair to just give all the prizes away to every player just for playing a few hours a day.

All GGG is trying to do is make sure there are prizes for all types of player. Any player can get a few of the rewards, the Wanderlust IMO is the best reward, and pretty easy to get. I will never see a 480 point reward, because I don't play as much, and I am not as good as these guys at the top of the ladder. Seems as fair as it can get, really.

Personally, it is incredibly refreshing to see a game stick to it's guns, and keep this game Hardcore friendly. I honestly believe that Blizzard and other game companies casual friendly design makes there games suck. They get more players, sure, but there was a Company a long time ago that made games because they loved making games, and the only thing that mattered was making the very best games possible. Than they got greedy, and created Diablo 3.

It's OK if GGG scares off some casual, younger players wanting everything handed to them, maybe they will make a little less money, but the community will be much better without them. And honestly, a lot of those types of players will never spend a penny on this game.

I would imagine most of their income is coming from the big supporters, who are all "hardcore" players, and people buying up a bunch of tabs. Again, the only reason you would need that many tabs is because you are farming enough hours a week to need them. I don't think they need to cater to casuals, because they are not the ones paying $100s or even $1000 to play this game.

And maybe, just maybe, there goal is to make a great game, not squeeze every penny out of every winy kid wanting to charge up mommies credit card for instant top-end gear.

IMO, those big spenders are those who have the disposable income, those people who work and can only spend only a few hours playing each day.
Last edited by TreadySC on Feb 28, 2013, 7:11:34 AM
GGG really needs take next step with this reward system bullshit. I love races but they are not really worth investing time with current reward structure. There should be progression rewards too, killing big bosses like brutus, merveil, vaal & piety is much harder than farming ledge/western/docks for x amount time.
timezone: +2 GMT IGN: Zenoth
Really disappointing rewards, it's like saying "hey this race is only for really hc players, you normal player just GTFO".
And btw prizes are also ridiculous compared to the effort for a full week race.

I liked the idea of a week race to create a new char, see how far I can go and push my limits while gaining a few points but after seeing rewards I just lost interest in it.

Also, this

"
Zenoth wrote:
There should be progression rewards too, killing big bosses like brutus, merveil, vaal & piety is much harder than farming ledge/western/docks for x amount time.
Last edited by Beregondz on Feb 28, 2013, 7:30:33 AM
It looks like GGG forgot to list the level reached rewards...???

Tis not much point playing for a likely, measly 2 points.
And man, did he look pretty ill
So basically if you know you can't make the top 200 there is no point in doing this race. What is the point in making a big event like a one week race for less than 2% of people to bother with because the reward structure is horrid.

I really hope GGG doesn't keep doing the Blizzard model of constant nerfs to classes and very little reward for effort.
Last edited by Midnitecloud on Feb 28, 2013, 7:32:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info