In every piece of prose, lies a tiny spark of magic.

Looks pretty cool. And low-base (so low int requirement) means it could be pretty reasonable even without going to the top of the tree and having to gather the 200+ int required for high-end wands (or all the attributes required for cospri's and mjolner). I'm thinking frenzy-wander raider.

The one balance thing I will say is it seems like it should be 'attacks with this weapon trigger a socketed spell on attack', because dw'ing them to trigger two spells each attack regardless of which one of them is actually used to attack seems too strong.

Last edited by Shppy on Nov 27, 2017, 6:36:06 PM
it doesn't work with CoC, right?
it cast when hit and then could cast with crit, taking out the CD if u had one spell. but that would be to much
I never been good making builds so my question must be so meaningless

thank you.

Virrah~
"
virrah18 wrote:
it cast when hit and then could cast with crit, taking out the CD if u had one spell. but that would be to much
Skills with two (or more) triggers can't be triggered by either of them - they become fully disabled.
OK, serious, hard-hitting question time, Mark.

Will there be 3D art? If so, can you PLEASE make it look like a regular sized pen that the toons hold just like a pen? And the attack animation is them aggressively scribbling on mobs?
Last edited by magicstop on Nov 27, 2017, 6:58:42 PM
So if i have 4 attacks per second it is worth using only 1 spell.

8 attacks per second 2 diferent spells, because of the cooldown on then.

Guess frenzy raider full elemental conversion will be the choice, focus on physical, elemental, projectile, attack speed, crit.

Miss VP to survive with this.
Last edited by HoockBr on Nov 27, 2017, 7:02:38 PM
"
virrah18 wrote:
I never been good making builds so my question must be so meaningless

thank you.

Virrah~

In case it isn't clear enough from what was mentioned in this thread about trigger mechanics, you can socket another, different spell in the wand and trigger it while the first one is on cooldown if your skill is fast enough or you've hit multiple enemies with it. And you can trigger more spells in the meantime with your CoC setup in body armor, they all just have to be different spells.

Setups like that work, you just have to be careful about your attack speed, or just use a skill that hits so fast it isn't likely you'll be dropping triggers, like barrage or kinetic blast.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 27, 2017, 7:07:03 PM
"
magicstop wrote:

Will there be 3D art?
I have no idea, sorry (and neither to the people within reasonable asking distance of my desk). Eventually I'm sure it will, but I can't say whether it will on release.

"
magicstop wrote:
If so, can you PLEASE make it look like a regular sized pen that the toons hold just like a pen? And the attack animation is them aggressively scribbling on mobs?
No. It's a wand, so has to use the Wand/WandWand/WandShield stances of the character, and thus the appropriate wand animations. To say nothing of the massive cost of getting those alternate animations done for all the characters, which is almost certainly way more than could be justified just for this one item. Sorry.
re the cooldown: it would also depend what you intend with the trigger gems. If you are going for utility like ee shenanigans or curse application that cooldown is nominal.
Last edited by ladish on Nov 27, 2017, 7:13:25 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
magicstop wrote:

Will there be 3D art?
I have no idea, sorry (and neither to the people within reasonable asking distance of my desk). Eventually I'm sure it will, but I can't say whether it will on release.

"
magicstop wrote:
If so, can you PLEASE make it look like a regular sized pen that the toons hold just like a pen? And the attack animation is them aggressively scribbling on mobs?
No. It's a wand, so has to use the Wand/WandWand/WandShield stances of the character, and thus the appropriate wand animations. To say nothing of the massive cost of getting those alternate animations done for all the characters, which is almost certainly way more than could be justified just for this one item. Sorry.

Hahaha, don't apologize, I was mostly asking in jest. Thanks for the earnest answer!

"
鬼殺し wrote:

They still haven't fixed some pretty basic attack animations and you're asking for that? I say this with absolutely no snark or cruelty: you are devastatingly charming sometimes. :)

:D Charming . . . or childish:

There's a small chance I was imagining drawing genitalia on my enemies' foreheads.

The spell triggering, does it happen when you start the attack, during the animation, or when the attack hits?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info