In every piece of prose, lies a tiny spark of magic.

"
raics wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
The spell triggering, does it happen when you start the attack, during the animation, or when the attack hits?

Asked myself the same thing when I saw it. If it's really 'on attack' and that isn't some newfangled way to say 'on hit with this weapon' I assume it will cast on cursor like CwC.

It's not actually new, the Harbinger sword had a 'trigger on attack' mechanic, for triggering its Storm Cascade spell.

It triggers when you first activate the attack, using your cursor positioning as the target point. Doesn't matter if you hit anything, doesn't matter if there's even anything around. I was using it in my offhand on a Doon/iron will build, and it (being a sword) enabled me to use whirling blades, which also triggered the release the Storm Cascade upon activation in the direction i pointed.

Of course, that sword's spell had a 1 second cd and was pretty strong as a level 20 4L. 250ms for a 3L with +3/4 levels on the active (which is basically comparable to a lvl 20 4L) is gonna be ridiculous, especially when dual-wielded.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 27, 2017, 7:47:58 PM
Then it's clear enough, I suppose, unless it's a typo.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
Ofcourse you are..

I know we should if we want results, what I'm interested in is are they intended to be used that way.

If it wasn't intended im sure they would have locked them out from being able to be used with one another. I mean if they were not able to be used together in this way then they might as well remove COC at that point because its completely pointless to use alone. Its opportunity cost as well. By doing all this you are eating up a lot of valuable gem slots to be able to achieve this stuff. So i think its pretty safe to say its is absolutely intended.

Weather its worth the gem slots is completely up to you. Again its only adding 2 more procs per second. You could just as easily drop COC and DW with 3 different spell in each weapon and still achieve WAY more procs. And then run things like Faster attacks GMP and LMP on barrige with inc accuracy and crit instead of COC and maximize procs while making gearing much easier all round. Or even focus more on your proc skill doing actual damage on top of procing though ive never found that to be useful yet even on cospri's with all the extra cold damage you gain to attacks.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 27, 2017, 7:57:16 PM
Can I assume that the power charge bypass mechanic on Cold Snap won't work with this for the same reason it doesn't with CwC?
Doomed for Life
"
SirDragos wrote:
Can I assume that the power charge bypass mechanic on Cold Snap won't work with this for the same reason it doesn't with CwC?
Yes. The basic rules of cooldowns have not changed.
that's awesome!

sounds almost like the unique i always dreamt of and now there's an item like this, is christmas early this year?
Utterly OP. +4 skill levels on a spell? Auto cast on attack?

I want some of what you have been smoking.
"
Demonoz wrote:
If it wasn't intended im sure they would have locked them out from being able to be used with one another.

That's what they would do if it wasn't supposed to be an option, I'm interested in how optional is it on their drawing board.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 27, 2017, 8:58:22 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
If it wasn't intended im sure they would have locked them out from being able to be used with one another.

That's what they would do if it wasn't supposed to be an option, I'm interested in how optional is it on their drawing board.

Optional enough that COC on its own was destroyed and is practically unusable now.. Like litteraly even if you can manage to build around just COC and run a 6L with 4 spells to proc its STILL not worth what you put in. Thats why all COC builds you see today run Cospri's. They didnt like how it nearly infinatly proced before so they changed it. Now if you want to make use of it its pretty much a supplement to cospri's and now this wand. And the sad part was the problem combination with COC was discharge which they added the damage penalty to but decided to also change the ICD as well. Now you can pretty almost always get more out your spells self casting than you can with even heavily invested COC unless you use something like Cospri's with it.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 27, 2017, 9:16:28 PM
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
So a 250+ pdps wand that triggers socketed spells on hit four times a second and has level 4 empower built in.

Mjolner gets sadder and more pathetic every patch.

Level 3 empower.
The people who get it to level 4 really don't need it and have far better items.

Sorry to nitpick about off by one errors but...

Level 4 empower = +3 levels = level 75 and above with this wand. The people hitting 100 are going to have +4 levels which is equivalent to a level 5 empower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info