In every piece of prose, lies a tiny spark of magic.

"
chieftainkys wrote:
Say I've socketed 2 active skill gems in Poet's Pen and I attack exactly 8 times per second while wielding it. Just to clarify, will each of those 2 gems activate 4 times per these 8 attacks, or just 2 times each? Or to rephrase, is the 250ms cooldown PER GEM or PER WEAPON?

Sorry if these questions were already answered, just wanted to make sure before pouring all my chaos into a new character.

It is per gem, and in order from the top socket to the bottom, so your first attack will trigger gem A, and gem A goes on cooldown, then your second attack triggers gem B and gem B will go on cooldown, then assuming your third attack is exactly 250 ms after your first it would trigger gem A again.

To note if gem A and gem B are the same skill they both go on cooldown.
"
j33bus wrote:
"
chieftainkys wrote:
Say I've socketed 2 active skill gems in Poet's Pen and I attack exactly 8 times per second while wielding it. Just to clarify, will each of those 2 gems activate 4 times per these 8 attacks, or just 2 times each? Or to rephrase, is the 250ms cooldown PER GEM or PER WEAPON?

Sorry if these questions were already answered, just wanted to make sure before pouring all my chaos into a new character.

It is per gem, and in order from the top socket to the bottom, so your first attack will trigger gem A, and gem A goes on cooldown, then your second attack triggers gem B and gem B will go on cooldown, then assuming your third attack is exactly 250 ms after your first it would trigger gem A again.

To note if gem A and gem B are the same skill they both go on cooldown.

It's exactly as I expected then, thanks!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
HoockBr wrote:
Does dual wield share cooldown?

The socketed spells have a cooldown applied to them by the effect that makes them triggered, which, like all cooldowns, will apply to all instances of the same skill that have that cooldown, anywhere. The skill's cooldown only affects that skill - the item can still trigger other skills, until all of them are on cooldown.

If you have two Poet's Pens, each of them will trigger a spell when you attack, putting that spell on cooldown (unless the spell is already on cooldown and cannot be triggered). Unless you have two copies of the same skill, one in each item, the cooldowns cannot interact, because cooldowns are per-skill.

"
HoockBr wrote:
Does it casts all socketed spells at same time, or one at a time?
One at a time (in order, not random). It specifies that it triggers "a Socketed Spell".

(Edited for clarity)

Mark, are you aware that the cooldown is not 250 MS?
testing and video:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2047480
Not sure how long a 13link with Cast on Hit will survive in a cruel enviroment like poe,
butt nerfed it for you already,

you can thank me later ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info