In every piece of prose, lies a tiny spark of magic.

Pretty gud unique XDD
Balance is an illusion, exile.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
kyuuichi wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Unless you have two copies of the same skill, one in each item, the cooldowns cannot interact, because cooldowns are per-skill.

Wait, am I reading this correctly? So for example if I had 2 Arc gems, 1 in each Poet's Pen, they would be on a separate cooldown when they are triggered?
I have emphasised the part it seems you missed. Cooldowns always apply to all instances of the same skill. Your example with Arc is exactly the situation I was saying is the exception to the cooldowns being unable to interact.

To clarify a bit it works exactly like Cospri's if im not mistaken here.

If you say run an Arc in each weapon Arc will only proc once per 250ms regardless of having 2 of them. However if you run Arc and say Frostbolt both will proc and each will have a 250ms CD doubling the amount of spell procs. Thats why if you run the same spell in each weapon it wont proc twice but if you run two different spells they both proc and hold their own CDs. Thats why when you DW cospri's you must run different spells in each to actually cast more spells.

Interesting fact IF you were to run 2 Arcs... One Arc in the Weapon and then the second Arc in your Chest with Cast on Critical Strike they will NOT share the CD. They will both proc independent of each other since they will be on two different and separate CDs. Or at least that's how it works with cospri's which i would assume it would be not different with this weapon.

Of course keep in mind you would have to crit for the COC arc to proc and it will proc exactly half as much as the one in your weapon because of the CD being 500ms on COC. But thats how people achieve more spell procs with Cospri's discharge... They run one in the weapon and one in the chest on COC which basically gives you up to 6 spell procs per second.. 4 from the weapon every 250ms and 2 from the chest every 500ms.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 27, 2017, 7:24:08 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
The spell triggering, does it happen when you start the attack, during the animation, or when the attack hits?

Asked myself the same thing when I saw it. If it's really 'on attack' and that isn't some newfangled way to say 'on hit with this weapon' I assume it will cast on cursor like CwC.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
raics wrote:
And the cooldown? :)

It's 250ms :)

Haven't learned anything, I see.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Balancing trigger mechanics is incredibly difficult. Generally trigger sticks tend to be grossly overpowered or grossly underpowered.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
My question about this weapon...

It says +1 to ACTIVE skill gems per 25 lvls...
Is a skill thats on a Trigger considered Active??? Skills on trigger are greyed out and can NOT be casted unless triggered so doesn't that mean the skill is inactive? Just wanting to know for clarification because of the wording there. If they are still considered active then what exactly is the difference between +1 socketed gems and +1 socketed Active skill gems anyway? Thank You Mark! \m/
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 27, 2017, 7:34:21 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Balancing trigger mechanics is incredibly difficult. Generally trigger sticks tend to be grossly overpowered or grossly underpowered.

Thing is, no idea if we're supposed to use them combined with CoC or not.

"
raics wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Thing is, no idea if we're supposed to use them combined with CoC or not.

Ofcourse you are.. Thats pretty much the ONLY way COC is even relevant now. It basically adds 2 more proc per second to this item, Mjolner, and Cospri's. Provided your critting ofcourse. But all these items have 250ms CD while COC has its own separate 500ms CD. Meaning without COC and another spell and only using the weapons you will only get at max 4 procs per second but throw another spell in with COC and you get another 2 procs on top of those 4 procs bringing the total to 6 procs per second.

DW ofcourse gives another 4 possible procs per second provided they are different spells in each weapon otherwise they will start to share their CDs across both weapons.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 27, 2017, 7:39:59 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:
Ofcourse you are..

I know we should if we want results, what I'm interested in is are they intended to be used that way.

"
raics wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
The spell triggering, does it happen when you start the attack, during the animation, or when the attack hits?

Asked myself the same thing when I saw it. If it's really 'on attack' and that isn't some newfangled way to say 'on hit with this weapon' I assume it will cast on cursor like CwC.

I would assume the mechanic is the same as the Harbinger Sword, since the wording is the same. Which is to say, it is on attack (you don't have to hit or even target something). You can trigger the sword in your hideout which obviously has no targets to hit or target.

Which also means attack speed is the single thing needed to trigger 1, 2, or 3 spells per wand (4/8/12 Attacks Per Second Respectively).
Last edited by Nubatron on Nov 27, 2017, 7:44:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info