VP+Reflect

"
LaiTash wrote:
"
So if you have 5500 hit points in example A you would have to hit yourself for 255.813 damage which takes a while for most builds and 664.251 in example B. So you would have to deal millions of damage in both examples before you actually killed yourself.

I can deal 255k single-target DPS even on some HC builds. Can do like 700-800k fully buffed. I wouldn't expect anyone in SC to accept anything lower than that. If you force them to do that, they won't play attack/selfcast builds, it's simple as that.

And to mitigate that reflected damage, you need some mandatory powers, flasks, ring and hell knows what. And a good amount of reaction too - some people are dying to desecrated ground, for Christ's sake!

I gave you the solutions on how to combat reflect. It works. For me and other people.

If you deal 800.000 damage against a reflect mob you would mitigate enough in example B to survive for more than a second which should be enough time to react and stop attacking. And that's with 0% block / dodge. If you activate Vaal Grace you would be able to attack for several seconds (0,00828 x 0,25 x 800000 = total damage received per second (1625). That's with 0% chance to evade). Without Vaal Grace you would leech 20% of your hit points per second. For instance 1100 per second if you had 5500 hit points. You would be able to survive attacking the reflect mob for around 10 seconds in this example -.- More than enough time for you to react...

Also... why are you attacking a reflect mob with your single target skill that deals 800k? Why not an AoE skill that deals 200-300k which is more than enough to 1-shot all packs in T16 maps? This would make things even easier.

Dealing with reflect is not hard. I could over your post quote by quote but honestly my guess is you would still stick to your current position no matter how wrong it is. I already gave the tools in my former post on how to survive reflect. There are very few builds that are susceptible to reflect if mitigate above 99% of the damage you deal... it kind of goes without saying.

Edit: Forgot the new Vaal Pact doubles leech rate which would turn 20% into 40% per second. That's 2200. So even as a Glass canon if you just adapt a bit and build smart or play smart it's really not a problem.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Nov 19, 2017, 8:45:18 PM
"
LaiTash wrote:
"
So if you have 5500 hit points in example A you would have to hit yourself for 255.813 damage which takes a while for most builds and 664.251 in example B. So you would have to deal millions of damage in both examples before you actually killed yourself.

I can deal 255k single-target DPS even on some HC builds. Can do like 700-800k fully buffed. I wouldn't expect anyone in SC to accept anything lower than that.

Why are you using single-target dps on reflect mobs? Reflect should only be catching you off guard when you're using clearing skills, which don't need to be anywhere near that high to get through t16s. If you're using your single-target setup on reflect mobs and complaining that it's killing you then you're just a terrible player. But based on your senseless rejection of every tactic, item, or passive that can help that isn't VP, i think that's a forgone conclusion anyway.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 19, 2017, 8:35:43 PM
plus wouldn't it need to be a 255k single HIT, not DPS? DPS = damage per SECOND. X amount of hits over 1 second = said damage? giving you 1 second or so to react. now if you legit do 255,000+ per hit, then that might be a true one-shot instead of a 40-90% shot.

"[700-800k] I wouldn't expect anyone in SC to accept anything lower than that."
SC player here. I do 3-4x less than that (230k) and find it quite comfortable and acceptable, although I don't push to farm shaper/uber atziri or get to 100. yay different play styles. I'm not 'hardcore'.
rawr. fear me.
"
tidbit wrote:
plus wouldn't it need to be a 255k single HIT, not DPS? DPS = damage per SECOND. X amount of hits over 1 second = said damage? giving you 1 second or so to react. now if you legit do 255,000+ per hit, then that might be a true one-shot instead of a 40-90% shot.

"[700-800k] I wouldn't expect anyone in SC to accept anything lower than that."
SC player here. I do 3-4x less than that (230k) and find it quite comfortable and acceptable, although I don't push to farm shaper/uber atziri or get to 100. yay different play styles. I'm not 'hardcore'.

Well yes but that's only if you think about reflect with the current VP in mind. If you don't have instant leech then several reflect hits in a row can be deadly if you don't build accordingly.
I've always pondered what it'd seem like if reflect was changed into "suicide bullet" mechanic? Most notably from shmup genre where you destroy an enemy to have it release projectile(s) either aimed at you or into random directions.

You could have different elemental, physical and chaos projectiles and they could move in varying speeds. To ease melee you could have a delay like with the new volatile mod.

Kind of like those porcupines, but not so spread out so you could have a chance to Dodge them if you played carefully.
Some builds are very vulnerable to reflect. It is just the way it is. Mathil had to drop Shield Charge Berseker due to reflect. Even when he rebuilt it as a slayer with all kinds of reflect mitigation he still had some problems with it.

Playing pure physical blade flurry with abyssus, as i do, will get you destroyed. I play extreme glass cannon because i love it. HOWEVER, even for a short time when i respeced my pure physical Blade Flurry from glass cannon to tanky, with 8K life, Evasion/armour, NO offensive auras (was using Grace/and blashpemy enfeeble), and obviously i was using the 25% reflect mitigation on Pantheon, and on some cases i STILL ONE SHOTTED myselsf on reflect. Flat out one shot. Granted, i used a mirrored dagger, but i LITERALLY had taken 15 Damage passives (the dagger deicated ones, plus the 4 crit ones near RT). And the damage was definetely not comfortable for Shaper/Guardians, and i was not enjoying myself since i enjoy glass cannons and the reflect issue was not really solved. And that was with instant leech, imagine without it. I never really bitched about it because i do not care about leveling since 2014, and i do not really give a shit. I even consider it fair game when you see a reflect mob etc and hit. I consider it unfair on situations like, Beyond mobs with reflect where you have absolutely no control on if you hit them or not.

AS i said before, instant, % Leech and Instant % reflected damage are 2 sides of the same coin. From a design perspective if one goes, the other has to go as well.
"
astraph wrote:
Some builds are very vulnerable to reflect. It is just the way it is. Mathil had to drop Shield Charge Berseker due to reflect. Even when he rebuilt it as a slayer with all kinds of reflect mitigation he still had some problems with it.

Playing pure physical blade flurry with abyssus, as i do, will get you destroyed. I play extreme glass cannon because i love it. HOWEVER, even for a short time when i respeced my pure physical Blade Flurry from glass cannon to tanky, with 8K life, Evasion/armour, NO offensive auras (was using Grace/and blashpemy enfeeble), and obviously i was using the 25% reflect mitigation on Pantheon, and on some cases i STILL ONE SHOTTED myselsf on reflect. Flat out one shot. Granted, i used a mirrored dagger, but i LITERALLY had taken 15 Damage passives (the dagger deicated ones, plus the 4 crit ones near RT). And the damage was definetely not comfortable for Shaper/Guardians, and i was not enjoying myself since i enjoy glass cannons and the reflect issue was not really solved. And that was with instant leech, imagine without it. I never really bitched about it because i do not care about leveling since 2014, and i do not really give a shit. I even consider it fair game when you see a reflect mob etc and hit. I consider it unfair on situations like, Beyond mobs with reflect where you have absolutely no control on if you hit them or not.

AS i said before, instant, % Leech and Instant % reflected damage are 2 sides of the same coin. From a design perspective if one goes, the other has to go as well.

Indeed.
Or, players will be just forced to pick Slayer/elementalist and waste a ring slot of reflect-proof ring, to get 100% reflect resistance and forget about that shitty mechanics forever. GGG probably thinks that it's cool to have a choice of 2 classes per build (Ascendant or Slayer/elementalist) and forget about 1 ring slot, just to avoid one bullshit mechanics.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Why would anyone need abyssus plus mirrored dagger crit for clear?

Bosses except racecourse, atziri mirro and waterways (?) have no reflec. Just make a clear setup with 4 link and 6 link for single target. Done. 'Problem' solved.

Glass cannon playstyle is one thing. Unreasonable demands and lack of any flexibility is another.

And you really do not need this damage foe clear. If i can 2 shot rares in t15 maps with a f.. glacial hammer on a 5 link then you need 3 link at most with your setup

Btw: abyssus gives huge damage for a huge price. That 40%+ phys damage taken is not a joke and should not be taken lightly. Build around it. Im sure it can be done. You just do not like what it takes.

All these 'arguments' are similar to young drivers buying very fast (yet old and rusty) cars and whining they cannot go 200kph in cities yet they like this kind of driving and feel oppressed that the society do not want them do so.

Glass cannon. It's in the name. Don't have to be made of glass or a cannon. That's your choice, which includes consequences.

C'est la vie.

Also, listen to Sid. He knows what's up.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 20, 2017, 6:31:49 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
I gave you the solutions on how to combat reflect. It works. For me and other people.

Yet all those people including yourself use VP on nearly all their current characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info