VP+Reflect

"
Right. And unfortunately we are neither slayer nor we are juggernaut. You're trying to lure me to the left side again.

First, in PoE, there are no tanks as long as red rare maps are involved. There only offensive builds, very offensive builds, and extremely offensive builds.
Second, if you plan to use physical damage and dont get reflect immunity, you just MUST go Slayer/Ascendant no matter what.

At least, that's what GGG forces us to do! Not immune to reflect and using physical? Suffer, noob.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Right. And unfortunately we are neither slayer nor we are juggernaut. You're trying to lure me to the left side again.

First, in PoE, there are no tanks as long as red rare maps are involved. There only offensive builds, very offensive builds, and extremely offensive builds.
Second, if you plan to use physical damage and dont get reflect immunity, you just MUST go Slayer/Ascendant no matter what.

At least, that's what GGG forces us to do! Not immune to reflect and using physical? Suffer, noob.

Funny, my main character and a couple others this league were phys, and reflect rares weren't really an issue. And only one of those characters was a slayer (which i lost interest in early in mapping, cuz flicker kinda gets old real fast), and none of them were VP. Hell, none of them even hit 5k life.

Now reflect maps? Yeah, those kinda sucked (but were do-able with caution). But those are easily rerolled.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 21, 2017, 6:02:17 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

If you look at the math I just presented what you write is just not true. You can do physical damage without Slayer / Ascendant. It requires high physical mitigation which mathematically works similarly (except if you go to 100% reflect reduction) to reduced reflect damage taken except it also provides defense against physical damage which is useful in every map! :D

About the whole "tanks don't exist in PoE". Depends how you understand a tank. If your understanding of a WoW tank that does almost no damage but can take even very large amounts of damage then yeah - kind of true. But honestly there are plenty of possibilities to raise your efficient hp in PoE and top of that several opportunities to completely neglect damage (dodge, block, evasion, etc.) so you can make good solid builds that balance defense and offense that can take a lot of damage.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Nov 21, 2017, 6:14:52 PM
just evade your own reflect or armour against it. I have all manner of physical crit builds and none of them are reflect immune, slayers or use vaal pact or even yuguls. I dont even notice reflect monsters with most of them and I certainly wouldnt die to it with any of them. When making a physical build I dont even consider physical reflect rare mobs, it would never occur to me that I would have to care at all about them.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"

funny..

my best Chimera farmer is a 5070HP (just checked) Starforge, Lacerate, Raider

i do not even use Yugul nor Chaos Golem (yet another cheap 4% phys reduction). Evasion + Dodge + 5 end charges + AA are perfectly enough not only to farm endgame but to be reflect proof enough to not care about it
this flask setup helps a ton:

no, no VP.

sometimes i think that parts of community fell into what neural network learning names 'local minima' while being completely unaware that the target minima exists

I think people should be punished in some way for building glass cannon builds. Reflect is one form of punishment.

I think reflect should be more punishing than it is now. After the remove VP, they should increase reflect dmg.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
I think people should be punished in some way for building glass cannon builds. Reflect is one form of punishment.

I think reflect should be more punishing than it is now. After the remove VP, they should increase reflect dmg.

Actually I agree with you, heck, bring it back as an pack aura too, but they need to also do 2 important modifications then, like addressing projectile offscreen damage, and most importantly, make it timed like the Racecourse boss, so they encourage tactical gameplay...

If not, keep the current values, but "nerf" a part of current player and monster damage that increased rampantly for the last few updates...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:

Actually I agree with you, heck, bring it back as an pack aura too, but they need to also do 2 important modifications then, like addressing projectile offscreen damage, and most importantly, make it timed like the Racecourse boss, so they encourage tactical gameplay...

If not, keep the current values, but "nerf" a part of current player and monster damage that increased rampantly for the last few updates...

Its easy to say that for a standard player since you just lose exp. Try loosing your Character after a reflect death.
I played HC extensively (i was never good tho) till Bloodlines league (those linked Devos kinda killed the game for me - also technically the game has becoming more and more unstable.

Recipe to dying to offscreen refect - don't be stupid. Play control game more than speed game. I know it's not popular, but well.

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I explained extensively in page 11 why i think reflect is an unfair mechanic (in this form), and how it punishes different builds that can essentially have the same DPS/defenses but different ways to scale their damage. The best option is to turn it into a damage over time effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info