[3.1][HC] rogueyoshi's Frostbreath Cyclone (All content on a budget, 500k-1m+ Shaper DPS, 10k+ EHP)

"
ログよし wrote:
"
haita wrote:
I'm having some trouble with Strength requirements for Frostbreath and Strength basted gems. I'm even forced to take +30 Strength from the Passives and have to find gear which has Adds Strength. Any tips on this?

Put an Inertia Crimson Jewel in the Ranger Jewel Socket. I'll add that to the guide if it's not already there.

Wow, 300+ hours into the game and I know so little. Thanks, worked like a charm.
"
CWDT Frost Bomb will give you better DPS vs bosses, though less of a boost against trash than Frostbite.

You can unspec MoM til you get Vaal Pact.

Can't use two of them. Only use Thief's Torment til you get the DPS for Vaal Pact and MoM. It's better to plan around using that ring from the start, since you'll want good Life on your Rares. You can compensate with Abyss Jewels though. For an example of Jewels, check here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/2027833#p15100746

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I don't plan on removing Frostbomb. I just meant I was hesitating to put a Blasphemy Frostbite on my last gear slot (still have the offhand without anything on it, haven't slotted an Arctic Armor yet since all bosses get chilled easily for the moment). I'd then alternate between the Blasphemy and the Arctic Armor depending on whether I need to curse on stuff that's not going to damage me or chill a boss I wouldn't otherwise.

I also already have Vaal Pact, my passive tree is already more or less complete and I'm just raking some additional life/mana/damage. My current rings aren't so great, but they already have around 15% all res, 50-60 life and 10-15 cold damage. I might be slightly over the point I really need a Thief's Torment.
Haven't had much luck with the abyss jewels though, only got a nice one early on and not that much now. I'm counting on the map ascension to loot some better ones.
You could also spend 2 points specing into https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spirit_Void and not having to worry about mana then just get those points back once you don't need it
Last edited by Bonoboplayer on Dec 16, 2017, 2:35:42 PM
"
You could also spend 2 points specing into https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spirit_Void and not having to worry about mana then just get those points back once you don't need it

It's a very solid option. You can replace one of the other mana clusters with it til you don't need it anymore.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Dec 16, 2017, 9:42:50 PM
can i do this on ssf
"
hamp696 wrote:
can i do this on ssf

The weapon is mandatory and unfortunately there are no Divination Cards for it yet besides the generic Unique ones. If you find one, that's pretty much all you need to start, though.
Hi!

So I've been using this build and just recently was able to get Frostbreath. However I'm not sure what I should use for the off-hand currently since I can't use/afford Esh's Mirror. Should I just continue DW or get another shield for now? If so any particular stats I should prioritize?
"
Wimwicket wrote:
Hi!

So I've been using this build and just recently was able to get Frostbreath. However I'm not sure what I should use for the off-hand currently since I can't use/afford Esh's Mirror. Should I just continue DW or get another shield for now? If so any particular stats I should prioritize?

Kaltensoul, Magna Eclipsis, Chernobog's Pillar, or a Rare Evasion Shield seem like decent options at first glance.
"
ログよし wrote:
Kaltensoul, Magna Eclipsis, Chernobog's Pillar, or a Rare Evasion Shield seem like decent options at first glance.

Alright, I'll look into those. Thanks!
your link to "Click here for an example of jewels to get" for the abyss jewel under 3.1 update doesnt work :(

also is there any other way to chill bosses beside arctic armor. coz i was think of using herald of ice instead for faster mapping.

thanks for the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info