[3.1][HC] rogueyoshi's Frostbreath Cyclone (All content on a budget, 500k-1m+ Shaper DPS, 10k+ EHP)

"
ログよし wrote:

snip

Current gear at level 73, don't have a high enough budget atm to really buy Inspired or Vaal Breach, atm kind of having trouble vs bosses and some rare mobs seems im not freezing them enough or something and it feels kind of weak? Any suggestions as I am still building currency to buy nice opals and eventually Pandemonius.

few more jewels I've had drop that I plan to put in the next 2 sockets on the tree.

"
cryyyy wrote:
snip

Buy corrupted 20/20 Ice Bite, Added Cold Damage and Cyclone (prioritized in that order).And buy Mace Cold Damage Abyss Jewels (50+ Average Damage).

Also, confirm that you're chilling with Arctic Armour, that's mandatory. I've seen people forget to turn it on.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Dec 16, 2017, 2:37:10 AM
"
ログよし wrote:
"
cryyyy wrote:
snip

Buy corrupted 20/20 Ice Bite, Added Cold Damage and Cyclone (prioritized in that order).And buy Mace Cold Damage Abyss Jewels (50+ Average Damage).

Also, confirm that you're chilling with Arctic Armour, that's mandatory. I've seen people forget to turn it on.

got an example for abyss jewels to search? Yes I have Arctic on and I will buy the 20/20's soon
Last edited by cryyyy on Dec 16, 2017, 5:15:40 AM
Just snagged all these jewels + found the belt for about under 30c in total most were 2-4c highest jewel I bought was 5c

Sorry if this is a noob question but where do you get enough crit to consistently proc Elemental Overload? I only have 6% right now.

Also around when would you recommend speccing into MoM? Im about level 68 right now with only 525 mana. But still need to take all the mana nodes obv.

Hey again ! Rising through the maps, the build still is as fun as before. Only time I had trouble was my first tier 6 map with Cold Resistance and Extra life, where I felt I had abysmally low damage. After clearing half of the map, it turned out it was because I somehow switched to an empty secondary weapon set. I guess if I can clear half of a golden map without realizing that I'm good for a while :p

Jokes apart, I'm not sure I fully understand why you seem to like Esh's Mirror so much. I'm missing something, what does it bring to us compared to any other standard shield ? Or is the added damage per shocked enemy that strong ? Are we going to manage to inflict Shock a lot ?

And a bit same than the previous post, against solo bosses I have trouble keeping Elemental Overload up. Doesn't cause issues on maps though.

For leveling, I swapped the Increased Duration for the CWDT Frost Bomb to put a Curse on Hit + Frostbite. Hesitating a bit to run the curse with Blasphemy instead, though that's a large chunk of mana gone and going out of mana kind of remains an issue. Have to keep a mana flask to avoid just dying when I can't cyclone anymore.
On Elemental Overload:

Against bosses, you cast Cyclone around 4 times per second, and also your CWDT + Blade Vortex should be triggering on bosses where you have to tank (the majority of them). Between those two things, you should have it permanently (I did with 6% crit).

"
Euni wrote:
Sorry if this is a noob question but where do you get enough crit to consistently proc Elemental Overload? I only have 6% right now.

Also around when would you recommend speccing into MoM? Im about level 68 right now with only 525 mana. But still need to take all the mana nodes obv.

Take MoM after you take Vaal Pact. Thief's Torment will carry you a long way til then, though.

"
Ryat wrote:
Hey again ! Rising through the maps, the build still is as fun as before. Only time I had trouble was my first tier 6 map with Cold Resistance and Extra life, where I felt I had abysmally low damage. After clearing half of the map, it turned out it was because I somehow switched to an empty secondary weapon set. I guess if I can clear half of a golden map without realizing that I'm good for a while :p

Jokes apart, I'm not sure I fully understand why you seem to like Esh's Mirror so much. I'm missing something, what does it bring to us compared to any other standard shield ? Or is the added damage per shocked enemy that strong ? Are we going to manage to inflict Shock a lot ?

And a bit same than the previous post, against solo bosses I have trouble keeping Elemental Overload up. Doesn't cause issues on maps though.

For leveling, I swapped the Increased Duration for the CWDT Frost Bomb to put a Curse on Hit + Frostbite. Hesitating a bit to run the curse with Blasphemy instead, though that's a large chunk of mana gone and going out of mana kind of remains an issue. Have to keep a mana flask to avoid just dying when I can't cyclone anymore.

Esh's Mirror is about as good as Lycosidae in high mob-density (especially Breaches). If you're using the 3.1 Duelist-area tree, you should have enough Shock chance to take advantage of it, but there are other ways to get more if you need, like Innervate instead of Added Cold (Can spec out of Fangs of Frost, into the generic Elemental Damage).

Frost Bomb is better on bosses, but Frostbite is OP against all non-bosses, which is why I recommend it until you can use Vaal Pact + MoM. By the way are you using Thief's Torment? That will solve all Mana and Life sustain problems for a long time.
I'm having some trouble with Strength requirements for Frostbreath and Strength basted gems. I'm even forced to take +30 Strength from the Passives and have to find gear which has Adds Strength. Any tips on this?
I'm already using MoM, which is why I'm hesitating to use Frostbite with Blasphemy. At my current map levels I should be fine with it as long as I switch it off for the boss (playing SC so in the worst case dying isn't a huge deal).

I'm not using the new Duelist path, partly because I began before it was suggested (aby the way, you forgot to take the Shadow's Frenzy charge in the current duelist tree). I should switch to it though because I have trouble with Strength
As far as mana is concerned my problem isn't the leeching but more the times where I take a large chunk of damage that takes it all out. Once I get the 28 mana to cyclone I don't have to worry anymore.

Not using Thief's Torment at the moment, last time I checked they were expensive. Well someone just sold one for an alch. Can you wear two of those or does the restriction "Can't use other Rings" doesn't include a possible second Thief's Torment ? That would make me lose quite a bunch of HP.
"
haita wrote:
I'm having some trouble with Strength requirements for Frostbreath and Strength basted gems. I'm even forced to take +30 Strength from the Passives and have to find gear which has Adds Strength. Any tips on this?

Put an Inertia Crimson Jewel in the Ranger Jewel Socket. I'll add that to the guide if it's not already there.

"
Ryat wrote:
I'm already using MoM, which is why I'm hesitating to use Frostbite with Blasphemy. At my current map levels I should be fine with it as long as I switch it off for the boss (playing SC so in the worst case dying isn't a huge deal).

I'm not using the new Duelist path, partly because I began before it was suggested (aby the way, you forgot to take the Shadow's Frenzy charge in the current duelist tree). I should switch to it though because I have trouble with Strength
As far as mana is concerned my problem isn't the leeching but more the times where I take a large chunk of damage that takes it all out. Once I get the 28 mana to cyclone I don't have to worry anymore.

Not using Thief's Torment at the moment, last time I checked they were expensive. Well someone just sold one for an alch. Can you wear two of those or does the restriction "Can't use other Rings" doesn't include a possible second Thief's Torment ? That would make me lose quite a bunch of HP.

CWDT Frost Bomb will give you better DPS vs bosses, though less of a boost against trash than Frostbite.

You can unspec MoM til you get Vaal Pact.

Can't use two of them. Only use Thief's Torment til you get the DPS for Vaal Pact and MoM. It's better to plan around using that ring from the start, since you'll want good Life on your Rares. You can compensate with Abyss Jewels though. For an example of Jewels, check here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/2027833#p15100746
Last edited by ログよし on Dec 16, 2017, 11:59:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info