[3.1][HC] rogueyoshi's Frostbreath Cyclone (All content on a budget, 500k-1m+ Shaper DPS, 10k+ EHP)

Hey! I've been enjoying and grinding a lot on this build. However, I'm struggling with Red Elder - I'm getting one shot killed. Could you take a look at my character? It's 'BROKENCHORD'. I'm using the old version of the tree - maybe I should regret my way to the new one? I've tried setting it up in PoB - I'd get only 100 more Life and some Mana, but I could get some damage + life jewels in the 5 slots, which would give me quite some more. Also, I was thinking about saving up for a Lycosidae - would that help? Thanks
"
Giammafix wrote:
snip

+1 will suffice. +2 reaches a break-point though, so you get extra radius if you have all the other AoE and Radius.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jan 4, 2018, 3:57:51 PM

So several days grinding later, + a generous gift from a friend I'm pretty sure I'm almost fully kitted for this build. I'm still missing some stuff like +1 frenzy on both boots and amulet. But, generally I'm doing some pretty good DPS. The build does feel a little slow when compared to some other though. Anyone have any ideas for possible upgrades? I'll be trying guardians/shaper soon. I'm working on getting my last Phase Acrobatics node before doing so.
"
snip

Fix your CWDT setups. You will need the sustain from CWDT + BV + Blind against Guardians. I'm guessing you got the 6L Hyrri's from your friend, but I recommend 6L Belly or 5L Shroud of the Lightless if you feel strapped for Life. You want at least 5k Life and to be in the 2.1k free Mana area to get the most effectiveness out of MoM.

As far as other upgrades, the gear looks fine. A little low Life, but you have great damage on most of your gear, so guardians should go smoothly. I can't see your Jewels though, but judging by the one in your Belt, you may want to upgrade those.

As far as speed, the majority of the speed comes from Raider Frenzy Charge scaling and well-rolled Quicksilver + Silver Flask, so aim for those +Frenzy gear eventually. My character reached about 190% increased Movement Speed. Combined with enough damage, you will eventually be clearing at run speed if you don't already.
Last edited by ログよし on Jan 6, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. Could you explain how to set up my CWDT? I am running BV with CWDT and Blood Rage right now. Do I really need blind? Shouldn't pandemonious handle everything on that end? Also what kind of gems do you advise i should get? Am I looking to max just Cold damage on the gems, or add other elemental damage alongside the existing cold? Thanks for the help!
"
Thanks for the reply. Could you explain how to set up my CWDT? I am running BV with CWDT and Blood Rage right now. Do I really need blind? Shouldn't pandemonious handle everything on that end? Also what kind of gems do you advise i should get? Am I looking to max just Cold damage on the gems, or add other elemental damage alongside the existing cold? Thanks for the help!

Oh, I forgot. I usually switch between Bisco's and Pandemonius for Mapping/Bosses. If you only wear Pandemonius, you should be fine.

For jewels, you will probably want 2xT1 Cold Damage + Life. The last suffix can be Dodge Chance, Penetration, Movement Speed, or Damage on Recent Kill.

So i tried to do shaper and I managed to get to the final phase before running out of portals. I'm currently finding life to be a bit of an issue. Do you recommend getting the life wheel? Or should I try swapping out some of my cold damage abyss jewels for life instead?
Can I start using Frostbreath right at level 50? And if so what would you recommend for gems?
"

So i tried to do shaper and I managed to get to the final phase before running out of portals. I'm currently finding life to be a bit of an issue. Do you recommend getting the life wheel? Or should I try swapping out some of my cold damage abyss jewels for life instead?

The Life wheel is pretty mandatory. You also need to make sure you have the mana to make MoM efficient and get the most EHP out of it. How much Shaper damage does PoB say you have? I didn't attempt Shaper til I hit 450k but 300k should do it too, you just have to be careful about the soft-enrage DoT puddles.

"
deklan006 wrote:
Can I start using Frostbreath right at level 50? And if so what would you recommend for gems?

You can, as long as your gear is prepared.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/7raupl/31hcbudget_max_block_mom_poets_pen_vd_necromancer/

This is my next project. This one has been pretty insane, but it's pace is definitely slower. There will be a proper build guide for it when I reroll and complete the rest of the content.
Last edited by ログよし on Jan 18, 2018, 6:11:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info