[3.1][HC] rogueyoshi's Frostbreath Cyclone (All content on a budget, 500k-1m+ Shaper DPS, 10k+ EHP)

"
buttcommander wrote:
your link to "Click here for an example of jewels to get" for the abyss jewel under 3.1 update doesnt work :(

also is there any other way to chill bosses beside arctic armor. coz i was think of using herald of ice instead for faster mapping.

thanks for the build

Fixed.

Also, you have to deal at least 1% of an enemy's Life in one hit to chill them, so until you get about 200k avg. hit on Shaper, it can't really be substituted. If you really want to run HoI, then you'll want HoI + AA + Lv4 Enlighten in one of the new Shaper/Elder shields with Reduced Mana Reservation.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Dec 18, 2017, 2:22:39 AM
does this build do enough damage to chill in party play? not saying max party, but like party size of 3 people monster hp?
"
K1ngKwan wrote:
does this build do enough damage to chill in party play? not saying max party, but like party size of 3 people monster hp?

"
Monsters gain extra life for each additional party member after the first: 20% in Normal, 40% in Cruel, and 60% in Merciless. The original life amount is used for the purposes of determining the length of stuns and status ailments – this means monsters will not be harder to stun/freeze/etc when fighting in a party.
Interesting alternative to hrimburn I found although not very practical. If you have more than 8 frenzy orbs then you get more damage from using Surgerbinder (not very good 1c unique) than you do with hrimburn. As hrimburn dmg addition is fixed and Surgebinder is % the higher your cold damage and more frenzy orbs you got the better the Surgebinder is.

Surgebinder the better choice if you use regularly use endurance charges and/or run hatred as well as herald of ice I guess.
Last edited by Manlir on Dec 18, 2017, 5:58:02 AM
I just realized the Duelist-pathing tree was STILL broken. Fixed now.

"
Manlir wrote:
Interesting alternative to hrimburn I found although not very practical. If you have more than 8 frenzy orbs then you get more damage from using Surgerbinder (not very good 1c unique) than you do with hrimburn. As hrimburn dmg addition is fixed and Surgebinder is % the higher your cold damage and more frenzy orbs you got the better the Surgebinder is.

Surgebinder the better choice if you use regularly use endurance charges and/or run hatred as well as herald of ice I guess.

Surgebinders are actually better than Hrimsburn/sorrow, but the level requirement is much higher so I didn't include it in the guide. Will add it when I reroll the character and majorly update the guide.
Last edited by ログよし on Dec 18, 2017, 11:25:50 AM
"
ログよし wrote:
"
buttcommander wrote:
your link to "Click here for an example of jewels to get" for the abyss jewel under 3.1 update doesnt work :(

also is there any other way to chill bosses beside arctic armor. coz i was think of using herald of ice instead for faster mapping.

thanks for the build

Fixed.

Also, you have to deal at least 1% of an enemy's Life in one hit to chill them, so until you get about 200k avg. hit on Shaper, it can't really be substituted. If you really want to run HoI, then you'll want HoI + AA + Lv4 Enlighten in one of the new Shaper/Elder shields with Reduced Mana Reservation.

according to the wiki, its a minimum of "a hit of 0.33% enemy maximum life". so max 30% chill at 10%+ of enemy life down to minimum 1% chill at 0.3333...% enemy maximum life.

also, have you considered using the The Pandemonius for free chill when hit, also cwdt + vortex for chill ground
"Click here for an example of jewels to get." ...?

poe.trade please?
Last edited by nikkle2 on Dec 18, 2017, 7:13:12 PM

Hey was wondering what I should buy next should I save up for a lycosidae or go for a belly 5/6 links?

Also, how do we get shocked by enemies with esh's mirror? Go for esh breach with vaal breach?

Anything else you can see to boost my damage easily?
Last edited by goofysphoogle on Dec 18, 2017, 7:28:24 PM
"
buttcommander wrote:

"
We've removed the minimum, so as long as you'd have a 1% effect with your Chill or Shock, the ailment will be displayed and will have an effect.

Seems I misinterpreted it. Anyways, if you do that much against Shaper, you pretty much can chill anything else in the game, so in that condition you can drop Arctic Armour.

Pandemonius is your BiS Boss swap. But for the blind, cold damage, and penetration; not for the chill since it's too unreliable because many bosses cannot hit you enough to keep the chill permanently.

"
nikkle2 wrote:
"Click here for an example of jewels to get." ...?

poe.trade please?

http://poe.trade/search/initatitatenom

Set the Life mod value to whatever minimum you can afford and add whatever fourth mods you want in a new group with the Count mode (set to "min:1"). Then filter by Sum by clicking the Sum under an item.

"
goofysphoogle wrote:

You forgot the chest. Anyways 6L Belly will give you more defense than Lycosidae so prioritize that.

Esh's Mirror isn't used for the shock reflection, but the added damage per shocked enemy killed. The easiest way to get stacks for bosses is Vaal Breach. Also, consider running Innervate over Added Cold Damage for this (PoB it for your character first!).

WED Opal Rings and Flat Cold Abyss Jewels will give the most immediate damage besides Lycosidae or a 6L.

EDIT: Noticed you're missing CWDT + Blood Rage. With upgraded Soul of Arakaali and CWDT + Immortal Call in a lower priority CWDT slot, that's 50% more Leech.
Last edited by ログよし on Dec 18, 2017, 8:02:45 PM
"
You forgot the chest. Anyways 6L Belly will give you more defense than Lycosidae so prioritize that.

Esh's Mirror isn't used for the shock reflection, but the added damage per shocked enemy killed. The easiest way to get stacks for bosses is Vaal Breach. Also, consider running Innervate over Added Cold Damage for this (PoB it for your character first!).

WED Opal Rings and Flat Cold Abyss Jewels will give the most immediate damage besides Lycosidae or a 6L.

EDIT: Noticed you're missing CWDT + Blood Rage. With upgraded Soul of Arakaali and CWDT + Immortal Call in a lower priority CWDT slot, that's 50% more Leech.

Oh thats whats blood rage is for! Thanks will do that probably will have to drop my golem, but seems well worth it. Also thanks for the tips
Last edited by goofysphoogle on Dec 18, 2017, 8:04:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info