[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
101zombi101 wrote:

just test

i dont understend how y have trigeret Elem Overload? wot is y crit chance?

if y use only main skil glasial hammer wot is crit cance???

UPD my test

ice bomb + crit = shit to slow
cwdt + ice crush + crit = shit dont work ice crush not spell
light warp +crit = shit too slow cast

cwdt 1 lvl + imortal 3 lvl + ice nowa 8 lvl + crit = work perfectly almost time trigeret Elem Overload

elem overload used only ice crush or glacial hammer = (5.75% crit chance ) DONT work trigeret very rare

The point is not to trigger it every hit, it has to trigger once every 8 secs. That's it. You don't WANT it to proc more than once every 8 seconds, because that would technically mean you've wasted stats that could have been more useful elsewhere. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
101zombi101 wrote:

just test

UPD my test

cwdt 1 lvl + imortal 3 lvl + ice nowa 8 lvl + crit = work perfectly almost time trigeret Elem Overload

elem overload used only ice crush or glacial hammer = (5.75% crit chance ) DONT work trigeret very rare

The point is not to trigger it every hit, it has to trigger once every 8 secs. That's it. You don't WANT it to proc more than once every 8 seconds, because that would technically mean you've wasted stats that could have been more useful elsewhere. :)

i understend thet

cwdt have trigeret when i hit 560 hp 1 sec cast ice nova and after 8 sec elem over if crit proc
its not cast every second

but when i use only main skill elem over dont trigeret pereodicaly only rare

and y dont say wot is y crit on main skill& to triget overload
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
101zombi101 wrote:

just test

UPD my test

i understend thet

cwdt have trigeret when i hit 560 hp 1 sec cast ice nova and after 8 sec elem over if crit proc
its not cast every second

but when i use only main skill elem over dont trigeret pereodicaly only rare

and y dont say wot is y crit on main skill& to triget overload

Oh, my crit chance on Glacial hammer is 7.35 or something, I have a few sources of crit by accident on jewels.

to Xavathos

yes its work

change my 3 jewel and take life atack speed and increase crit chance with with cold skill

this jewel cheap from 5 to 15 chaos

better take cold crit then global or melee

global to expensive melee low crit and cold have 17-18% crit easy

now my ice crush / glasial have 8.7 % crit chance with jewel and cold golem

and Elem Overload prock very quick

and i return cwdt+immortal and add a enchance support to blood rage for more atack+damag

UPD for more crit can useful DIAMOND flask
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Oct 23, 2017, 5:43:58 PM
"
101zombi101 wrote:
to Xavathos

yes its work

change my 3 jewel and take life atack speed and increase crit chance with with cold skill

this jewel cheap from 5 to 15 chaos

better take cold crit then global or melee

global to expensive melee low crit and cold have 17-18% crit easy

now my ice crush / glasial have 8.7 % crit chance with jewel and cold golem

and Elem Overload prock very quick

and i return cwdt+immortal and add a enchance support to blood rage for more atack+damag

UPD for more crit can useful DIAMOND flask

Glad to hear you made it work for you. :)

can some one help

i have main hand damag 10 000 - 15 000
atack per second 3.1 (no buff) and near 4 ( with buff)

and dps 30 000

how all this colculaited?

its mean my main hand damag 10k + 3 atacks per second = 30 k DPS ?

in this build more atacks per second better then added damag ?

i mean

take 2 frenzy on three (3 + 2 =5) + light golem + protector totem + blood rage

or

dont take frenzy on tree and take more element damag on three + ice golem\fire + golem warchif totem

wot is better ? more atack per second or more damag ???
"
101zombi101 wrote:
can some one help

i have main hand damag 10 000 - 15 000
atack per second 3.1 (no buff) and near 4 ( with buff)

and dps 30 000

how all this colculaited?

its mean my main hand damag 10k + 3 atacks per second = 30 k DPS ?

in this build more atacks per second better then added damag ?

i mean

take 2 frenzy on three (3 + 2 =5) + light golem + protector totem + blood rage

or

dont take frenzy on tree and take more element damag on three + ice golem\fire + golem warchif totem

wot is better ? more atack per second or more damag ???

Well, first of all, your "added damage to chilled enemies" from certain pieces of gear like the rings, won't add to the tooltip, as they are only effective on chilled enemies. The same goes for the Hypothermia gem link. Cold penetration from various pieces of gear and the gem itself also only apply to enemies and therefor do not show on tooltip. The most notable one is the Frostbreath itself, dealing double damage on chilled enemies which does not show on tooltip.

All these combined it's very safe to assume that your tooltip is easily 10 times smaller than your actual damage output. By and large, this build is the very opposite of a 'tooltip warrior' build.

Get Path of Building, put your gear and passives into it, turn on the chilled enemies, frenzy charges etc and see how much your real DPS is. :)

To answer your question: Ice Crash = damage as it has 20% less attack speed, resulting in less bang for your buck with each point or gear modifier spent on it. For Glacial though, attack speed is really good to freeze lock bosses. You need to either deal enough damage to have the freeze last long enough or hit fast enough for it not matter. It's about finding that balance.

Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 25, 2017, 2:56:48 PM
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
randeenie wrote:
What about HYRRI'S IRE ZODIAC LEATHER CHEST? ADDED COLD DAMAGE. CHILL DURATION AS WELL?

not well

this build melee
y need as much healt as y can get
this way only one armor good belly of the beast armour 40% health

if y have on y gear a lot of health y can take hyrris armor or Carcass Jack armour

Spot on. I tried to theory craft Hyrri's into the build. Not enough life.
Last edited by Dongaldo on Oct 27, 2017, 5:53:51 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:

Well, first of all, your "added damage to chilled enemies" from certain pieces of gear like the rings, won't add to the tooltip, as they are only effective on chilled enemies. The same goes for the Hypothermia gem link. Cold penetration from various pieces of gear and the gem itself also only apply to enemies and therefor do not show on tooltip. The most notable one is the Frostbreath itself, dealing double damage on chilled enemies which does not show on tooltip.

All these combined it's very safe to assume that your tooltip is easily 10 times smaller than your actual damage output. By and large, this build is the very opposite of a 'tooltip warrior' build.

Get Path of Building, put your gear and passives into it, turn on the chilled enemies, frenzy charges etc and see how much your real DPS is. :)

To answer your question: Ice Crash = damage as it has 20% less attack speed, resulting in less bang for your buck with each point or gear modifier spent on it. For Glacial though, attack speed is really good to freeze lock bosses. You need to either deal enough damage to have the freeze last long enough or hit fast enough for it not matter. It's about finding that balance.

You're the real hero of this thread Xavathos. Just returning from being away. I can't thank you enough.
Last edited by Dongaldo on Oct 27, 2017, 5:54:58 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Dongaldo wrote:
Big thanks to Xavathos for helping everyone out!

You're welcome! It's a really good and fun build and I'm fairly certain I understand it enough to be able to answer people's questions, though I'm glad you don't take it the wrong way. All credit to you for making it. :)

With that said, I've finished my Glacial setup and I think you'd be very interested to see how it turned out, because it's massively successful. I've permanently frozen up to T10 bosses with great ease so far and I'm fairly sure I can go higher with that. Even if they don't get permanently frozen, the chill effect from Glacial is so powerful it slows them down more than enough to make them no threat, outside of one shots of course.

It also has the same DPS, 100% splash damage, so no AOE DPS loss either, 100% instead of 90% conversion, so absolute pure cold damage. It also has a very nifty feature of 33% "culling strike" on frozen targets. It does not work on uniques (bosses) but it does work on Harbinger rares... :)

The AOE is the only drawback I can see when comparing it to Ice Crash, it is slightly lower with a radius of 18 base compared to 22 of Ice Crash with Conc Effect. It isn't actually as bad though, because of the speedy playstyle that Shield Charge offers. If you can't one shot a pack due to range, you can simply charge to the other half instantly and finish them. Some people may be put off by leftover mobs.

I'll go into further detail with links to Path of Building when I get home tonight, if you're interested.

Awesome. Share the PoB link!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info