[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
Decadent_Omar wrote:
very nice build, but are auras changed in the videos you uploaded? instead of haste you use hatred?

hatred dont give much damage in this build
better use aura for more atack speed or life regen aura
What about HYRRI'S IRE ZODIAC LEATHER CHEST? ADDED COLD DAMAGE. CHILL DURATION AS WELL?
"
randeenie wrote:
What about HYRRI'S IRE ZODIAC LEATHER CHEST? ADDED COLD DAMAGE. CHILL DURATION AS WELL?

not well

this build melee
y need as much healt as y can get
this way only one armor good belly of the beast armour 40% health

if y have on y gear a lot of health y can take hyrris armor or Carcass Jack armour
how's shaper on this build ?
"
Decadent_Omar wrote:

Chilly. :3
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Decadent_Omar wrote:

also, in the original build it seems as if elemental overload is wasted as we don't stack crit chance anyway. amount of times it triggered for me was way too low, I think I'm gonna drop these 3 nodes and go for the 2 nodes near primeval force that has a chance to shock,freeze and ignite + 10% ele dmg each. 20% ele dmg static is better than 40% that doesn't proc reliably.
Other than that solid build, currently farming vault maps for 6L Belly and a good opal ring then gonna test out some endgame bossing.
edit: First minotaur kill for me in this game :) tried without Pandemonius but leech was too weak so I bought one and instantly could leech through his hits.
Last edited by Decadent_Omar on Oct 20, 2017, 6:27:18 PM
"
Decadent_Omar wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Decadent_Omar wrote:

also, in the original build it seems as if elemental overload is wasted as we don't stack crit chance anyway. amount of times it triggered for me was way too low, I think I'm gonna drop these 3 nodes and go for the 2 nodes near primeval force that has a chance to shock,freeze and ignite + 10% ele dmg each. 20% ele dmg static is better than 40% that doesn't proc reliably.
Other than that solid build, currently farming vault maps for 6L Belly and a good opal ring then gonna test out some endgame bossing.
edit: First minotaur kill for me in this game :) tried without Pandemonius but leech was too weak so I bought one and instantly could leech through his hits.

You're forgetting one thing: There is a difference between MORE modifiers and INCREASED modifiers.

Increased elemental damage modifiers are calculated additively with other sources of increased damage and added directly on top of your total base + flat damage sources.
More damage modifiers are calculated after the above and therefor multiplicatively add damage to your hits. As they are multiplicative in nature, they also apply multiplicativly to each other.

Give you an example; Say you hit for 1k base cold damage per hit and your gear and passives provide a total of 300% increased elemental damage, your gem link in your skill setup provides a 40% more elemental damage modifier. You would be doing 5600 damage with your hit.

Taking even 40% extra increased elemental damage from the tree would put you at 6160 damage per hit.

Instead having 40% extra more elemental damage from Elemental Overload would put you at 7840 damage per hit.

Do you see the difference? An increase of 560 vs 2240 damage.

Also, even with just 5% base crit, it's up all the time for me. Remember that it lasts 8 seconds, that's a long time to get a single crit with such fast attacks and many targets to hit. I've personally never had problems with it proccing and if you do, get some global crit on your jewels. It's a cheap stat and nice quality of life.

But let's say for sake of argument that Elemental Overload has an uptime of 80%. That puts the comparison at 560 damage vs 1792. Still much better. :)

Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 23, 2017, 6:47:17 AM
[/quote]

You're forgetting one thing: There is a difference between MORE modifiers and INCREASED modifiers.

Increased elemental damage modifiers are calculated additively with other sources of increased damage and added directly on top of your total base + flat damage sources.
More damage modifiers are calculated after the above and therefor multiplicatively add damage to your hits. As they are multiplicative in nature, they also apply multiplicativly to each other.

Give you an example; Say you hit for 1k base cold damage per hit and your gear and passives provide a total of 300% increased elemental damage, your gem link in your skill setup provides a 40% more elemental damage modifier. You would be doing 5600 damage with your hit.

Taking even 40% extra increased elemental damage from the tree would put you at 6160 damage per hit.

Instead having 40% extra more elemental damage from Elemental Overload would put you at 7840 damage per hit.

Do you see the difference? An increase of 560 vs 2240 damage.

Also, even with just 5% base crit, it's up all the time for me. Remember that it lasts 8 seconds, that's a long time to get a single crit with such fast attacks and many targets to hit. I've personally never had problems with it proccing and if you do, get some global crit on your jewels. It's a cheap stat and nice quality of life.

But let's say for sake of argument that Elemental Overload has an uptime of 80%. That puts the comparison at 560 damage vs 1792. Still much better. :)[/quote]

for more crit can use links

frost bomb + increase crit suport gem + cold golem = 14%

cwdt 1 lvl + ice nova + increase crit suport gem + cold golem = 14% crit

herald of ice + increase crit suport gem = 5% ( and enlighten optional if y need them)
5% not much but this 5% of all time when y shutter enemies they exploding and hit mob near
this 5% give y all time crit on map and low chance on boss

cwdt + ice nova/ ice snap/ ice crush any cold area skills this way lost immortal call

but we can use shield charhe + curse on hit + frostbite + fortify change fortify on crit suppory
and have crit all time when y hit mobs pack this way lost fortify

my choise is frost bomb +crit support
"
101zombi101 wrote:

herald of ice + increase crit suport gem = 5% ( and enlighten optional if y need them)
5% not much but this 5% of all time when y shutter enemies they exploding and hit mob near

cwdt + ice nova/ ice snap/ ice crush any cold area skills this way lost immortal call

but we can use shield charhe + curse on hit + frostbite + fortify change fortify on crit suppory

Frostbomb is a very bad choice for increased critical strikes. It doesn't hit until it expires and then only hits once. You'd have hit 10-20 times in that window with just ice crash or glacial hammer. The debuff pulses aren't hits, deal no damage and would never be able to crit.

People use Orb of Storms for this and power charge on crit, because it hits very fast and very often, which each individual hit having an equal chance to crit. It's practically made for it, but not useful in this build otherwise.

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
101zombi101 wrote:

Frostbomb is a very bad choice for increased critical strikes. It doesn't hit until it expires and then only hits once. You'd have hit 10-20 times in that window with just ice crash or glacial hammer. The debuff pulses aren't hits, deal no damage and would never be able to crit.

People use Orb of Storms for this and power charge on crit, because it hits very fast and very often, which each individual hit having an equal chance to crit. It's practically made for it, but not useful in this build otherwise.

just test

i dont understend how y have trigeret Elem Overload? wot is y crit chance?

if y use only main skil glasial hammer wot is crit cance???

UPD my test

ice bomb + crit = shit to slow
cwdt + ice crush + crit = shit dont work ice crush not spell
light warp +crit = shit too slow cast

cwdt 1 lvl + imortal 3 lvl + ice nowa 8 lvl + crit = work perfectly almost time trigeret Elem Overload

elem overload used only ice crush or glacial hammer = (5.75% crit chance ) DONT work trigeret very rare

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info