[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
CroDanZ wrote:
the build seems not to be that expensive to be viable.

What would be a expensive "upgrade" to make this build even better? (More DMG and Survivebility).

Look at my profile on Thorbius. I don't think there is much if anything left to upgrade. T1 life rolls, 70% over the res cap. Attack speed and damage on gloves...

Some builds are just good and... cheap. :o
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 17, 2017, 9:21:05 AM
2 more question...can I combine "Frost Bomb" with CWDT?

So I dont have to cast it manualy to procc "Instruments of Virtue"

And I see u play with "glacial hammer"...is it in ur opinion better than "Ice Crash"?
Last edited by CroDanZ on Oct 17, 2017, 5:43:33 PM
"
CroDanZ wrote:
2 more question...can I combine "Frost Bomb" with CWDT?

So I dont have to cast it manualy to procc "Instruments of Virtue"

And I see u play with "glacial hammer"...is it in ur opinion better than "Ice Crash"?

I'm afraid CWDT doesn't count as your character casting the spell, therefor won't trigger Instruments of Virtue.

I do use Glacial Hammer for various reasons and personally, I do like it better. It allows me to freezelock everything up to T12 bosses so far with just as much DPS as Ice Crash.

Also has 33% culling strike on anything but unique bosses (Harbinger rares), 100% chance to freeze literally (with frostbite on shield charge) and 30% increased chill effect from the skill for a total of 70%. It makes it super safe to use and since it freezes everything, every single mob you kill will proc Herald of Ice explosions. :)

All you need is a Winter Burial jewel, which also allows 100% cold conversion. Try it out. :)

As links I use: Glacial -> Added Cold -> Ice Bite -> Hypothermia -> Elemental Damage -> Faster Attack (Ruthless is higher DPS but WILL kill you on reflect rares, be careful!)

Also I use Herald of Ice, Purity of Ice and Arctic Armour as auras.

Passive tree I think the only differences between my build and Don's is that I do take Frenzy charges, because I use Ice Bite (for the freeze chance) and at Primeval Force at the bottom right I take the 10% ele damage 5% chance to freeze path instead of the 12% damage, because the 10% freeze chance is worth it. It is also the reason I use Tasalio's twice, as it has 10% freeze chance as well. It's also just a huge damage ring anyway.

So that's:
25% chance from Glacial Hammer itself
20% from both Tasalio's
15% from Ice Bite
15% from passives
10% from Hypothermia on chilled targets
15% from Frostbite curse (14% +10% increased from quality on Curse on Hit gem)

With all that, I will have exactly 100% freeze chance without having to crit for it. Slightly lower on bosses, because they have reduced effect of curses. But with Faster Attacks and our extreme cold damage through chills and penetrations, you'll hit hard and fast enough to keep most of them on the rocks. ;)

Oh and for those wondering: Frozen status does not technically count as a chill, but when a target is frozen, it is also chilled for the entire freeze duration, plus an additional 300 ms. So freeze will not mess up anything in regards to this build.

Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 18, 2017, 5:27:15 AM
Im planing to add 1 more spell to CWDT.

What do u think would be the best?

- Arctic Armor...the standard
- Cold Snap ...SOunds for me better than arctic armor(increased freeze)
- Phase run (reduced visebility + blind worth it?
- Stone, fire or Ice golem...

Rly hard decission. :)
"
CroDanZ wrote:
Im planing to add 1 more spell to CWDT.

What do u think would be the best?

- Arctic Armor...the standard
- Cold Snap ...SOunds for me better than arctic armor(increased freeze)
- Phase run (reduced visebility + blind worth it?
- Stone, fire or Ice golem...

Rly hard decission. :)

arctic armour dont work with cwdt
phuse run stop working when y make somr actions like kill mobs ))) wot make phase run useles in this build
and if y use talions ring mobs blind any way when y atack him
cold snap for more frizing ? may be
i prefer use better increased area with frost bomb or vaal haste
if y have empti slot for more spell

and with cwdt + imortal clasikal use is increased duration )

and better use ice golem for crit or light golem for more atack speed
damage in this build lovest then atack speed

PS cold snap dont work

Cold Snap is a spell that deals cold damage to enemies in an area and has a high chance to freeze. Note that while Cold Snap has a flat 30% minimum chance to freeze, due to the way freeze mechanics work, enemies will only be frozen if the damage done by Cold Snap exceeds a minimum required percentage of the target's life.

if y wont use cold snap with 1 lvl cwdt snap must me 10 lvl and have too love demage for freeze

better use with y main skill ice crush or glacial hammer a hypertermia + ice bite this give y better chance for freze

i am use a ice crush for mappiong and glacial hammer for boses
ice crush more wide area glacial high chance for freeze on boses
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Oct 18, 2017, 7:10:50 PM
ty Zombi for the nice information.

For the moment I run stone golem for more life regen...with better gear I will switch than to light or ice golem.

The increased area for frost bomb worth it?...thought its only the trigger for "instruments of virtue".
"
CroDanZ wrote:
ty Zombi for the nice information.

For the moment I run stone golem for more life regen...with better gear I will switch than to light or ice golem.

The increased area for frost bomb worth it?...thought its only the trigger for "instruments of virtue".

Frostbomb is there for both Instruments of Virtue and the massive debuff it provides to cold resistance on mobs and bosses.

"
101zombi101 wrote:

Bcs Actic Armour in combination with CWDT....did they nerf it the last weeks so it dont work anymore?

What I remember it always worked.
Last edited by CroDanZ on Oct 19, 2017, 5:26:10 AM
very nice build, but are auras changed in the videos you uploaded? instead of haste you use hatred?
"
CroDanZ wrote:
"
101zombi101 wrote:

Bcs Actic Armour in combination with CWDT....did they nerf it the last weeks so it dont work anymore?

What I remember it always worked.

arctic armour better use high lvl like aura
then low lvl with cwdt

my way better use cwdt 4 lvl + immortal 6 lvl + cold snap 12 lvl

cold snap = cold damage
30% chance to Freeze enemies
30% increased Freeze Duration on enemies
110% increased Chill Duration on enemies

all this stuck with y tree jewell rings and etack freez and chiill

Last edited by 101zombi101 on Oct 19, 2017, 7:47:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: