[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

good build. lvl 60 and just reached act 9. is vaal haste really worth it after the nerfs? 4 second duration now with a long downtime. wouldn't a lightning golem be more useful here overall or a vaal lightning trap?

gonna get a nice rare 6l chest soon. is frostbomb the spell of choice here for keeping up the buff from instruments of virtue? it goes quite well with the build. very clever.

The Tempest's binding could maybe be used in place of a 6l chest? I have been contemplating getting that but i think i won't. It's unlikely to be worth it without investing into frenzy charges.

Belt of the deciever with a perfect res and life roll dropped for me. I'll be using that. Intimidate = 10% more damage if i understand things right.

Trying out vengeance+reckoning linked to onslaught. It's working quite alright so far. I'll keep and eye out if if i can get it to trigger in endgame as well. Maybe i will drop one of the trigger gems in place of a damage support there or something completely different. 8 second onslaught is really nice and it frees up the silver flask slot. Rumi flask + the block trigger gem maybe.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 24, 2017, 1:41:42 PM
"
mcburial wrote:
I'm doing the same build, though i will try to use faster attacks gem in the 6L , instead of hypothermia/conc effect - this way, maybe i will take some more nodes for health , since i think the attack speed is good.
Maybe around lvl 95, Vaal Pact could be good option?

Interesting choices. Vaal Pact might be a reasonable option - it wastes the super regen we get from consecrated ground though. Try it out and let us know how it works.
"
kompaniet wrote:

gonna get a nice rare 6l chest soon. is frostbomb the spell of choice here for keeping up the buff from instruments of virtue? it goes quite well with the build. very clever.

The Tempest's binding could maybe be used in place of a 6l chest? I have been contemplating getting that but i think i won't. It's unlikely to be worth it without investing into frenzy charges.

Belt of the deciever with a perfect res and life roll dropped for me. I'll be using that. Intimidate = 10% more damage if i understand things right.

Trying out vengeance+reckoning linked to onslaught. It's working quite alright so far. I'll keep and eye out if if i can get it to trigger in endgame as well. Maybe i will drop one of the trigger gems in place of a damage support there or something completely different. 8 second onslaught is really nice and it frees up the silver flask slot. Rumi flask + the block trigger gem maybe.

Didn't even think about Lightning Golem instead of Vaal Haste. I'll have to give it a try.

Frost Bomb is what we use to trigger Instruments of Virtue.

Good call on Belt of the Deceiver. I had a decent belt lying around to get more life so I went with it.

I think a proper 6 Link is better for us than Tempest Binding. Haven't tested it or anything but can't help but think Innervate is wasted.

I really wanted room for trigger gems they seemed - they'd be so good with the cold damage from Lycosidae.
Last edited by Dongaldo on Sep 25, 2017, 7:38:53 PM
Without having plugged this build into PoB myself, Hatred seems like a waste of 50% mana (since there's no phys scaling). Does PoB indicate that it contributes a significant amount to total DPS?
"
dmm8686 wrote:
Without having plugged this build into PoB myself, Hatred seems like a waste of 50% mana (since there's no phys scaling). Does PoB indicate that it contributes a significant amount to total DPS?

It's not. It's hardly any to be honest. Herald of Ash (more clear), Haste (faster shield charge), Blasphemy for Frostbite, 2nd curse Blaspehmy + Temp Chains are all better.
Thanks!
update: lvl 85 now. still need to get better boots but i haven't been able to find any with the right enchantment. not too interested in farming the lab for it. other than that i am leveling up to get a bit more life for guardians and shaper. going well. the odd death to elemental reflect here and there. i suspect more life would solve that issue or perhaps purity of ice instead of hatred.

have a few gems in my stash i would love to have room for but i haven't been able to figure out how to make room yet. summon skeletons is for chimera smoke phase. perhaps it won't even be needed.

i have another lycosidae shield i will probably use for guardians/shaper with a different gem setup. i am thinking vaal lightning trap + cwdt + golem or perhaps vaal haste + increased duration.

edit: anyone tried this with frost blades? should work well with a different gem setup.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 30, 2017, 5:58:25 PM
how about going with scion with inquisitor & elementals ascendencies?
Is there a high cost version of the weapon? Would there be any benefit of using a 450+ PDS high base damage rare?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I love the idea of this build. I was thinking about running it as a scion and getting the elementalist ascendancy for the reduced elemental reflect along with having a bit of ele penetration and an extra golem but i don't think the inquisitor ascendancy as an ascendant really makes it worth the trade off as compared going full inquisitor as you have done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info