[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Dongaldo wrote:
Big thanks to Xavathos for helping everyone out!

You're welcome! It's a really good and fun build and I'm fairly certain I understand it enough to be able to answer people's questions, though I'm glad you don't take it the wrong way. All credit to you for making it. :)

With that said, I've finished my Glacial setup and I think you'd be very interested to see how it turned out, because it's massively successful. I've permanently frozen up to T10 bosses with great ease so far and I'm fairly sure I can go higher with that. Even if they don't get permanently frozen, the chill effect from Glacial is so powerful it slows them down more than enough to make them no threat, outside of one shots of course.

It also has the same DPS, 100% splash damage, so no AOE DPS loss either, 100% instead of 90% conversion, so absolute pure cold damage. It also has a very nifty feature of 33% "culling strike" on frozen targets. It does not work on uniques (bosses) but it does work on Harbinger rares... :)

The AOE is the only drawback I can see when comparing it to Ice Crash, it is slightly lower with a radius of 18 base compared to 22 of Ice Crash with Conc Effect. It isn't actually as bad though, because of the speedy playstyle that Shield Charge offers. If you can't one shot a pack due to range, you can simply charge to the other half instantly and finish them. Some people may be put off by leftover mobs.

I'll go into further detail with links to Path of Building when I get home tonight, if you're interested.

Awesome. Share the PoB link!

You're welcome, Don. Always a pleasure to help out.
Below you can find the link to my PoB setup I had used on my Inquisitor before I moved on to the next build.

You will notice the slight difference in skill tree passives, as I focus on Frenzy charges for Ice Bite, freeze chance and as much increased AOE as I can squeeze into it. I also use a slightly different gem setup and of course a Winter Burial for Glacial.

I was able to successfully freezelock up to T15 bosses. It's a shame I never got around to doing Guardians or the Shaper. They are freeze immune though, so it doesn't really matter. I'm sure the massive effectiveness of Chill on this setup would have made it easy enough.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 27, 2017, 6:42:35 AM
couple days ago i excjange Dongaldo gem builds to Xavathos gem build
tree same as dongaldo/Xavathos
i have 2 tempest binding mask with 40% ice crush and same tmpest binding 40% glacial hammer
booth helm cost 2 exl each
why tempest mask? free harbringer why freez enemys and give free ice bite to socet gems bomb totem and reconing + bengance

both helm have same colors and 6l body have colors same to ice crush and glacial hammer

after palying 7 days i can say pro and contra

pro ice crush fast map clear wade area for strice
contra slightly low speed then glacial not culing strice and slightly low freeze chance

pro glacial culing strice more freez chance
contra very low area of efect

ice crush and gklasial have same dps ( difirent 1-2%) but they have diferent mechanics

ice crush strice ground and dont need strice mobs its very good for harbringers breach or big mob pack

glacial hammer NEED strike mobs after this trigered splash damag and culing strice after this work herald of ice shatter ability all this make area near ice crush but all this must be triggeret

i have some dificults to use glacial on maps i dont strike mobs and huge pack oneshot me dont have this problem with ice crush

this way i use ice crush for maps and glscial on boss
for this i replace oly 1 atack skill and 1 helm
all others same i wonna take 92 lvl take 1 more frenzy charge and my build done going taste guardians and shaper

upd bosses t6-10 frezz all time but from t11 and higher need more damag for frizing but where is find more damag?
but chiliong work good ))

thnx Dongaldo and Xavathos for this build ))

my profile open go see my gear and tree if have some questions
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Oct 27, 2017, 12:47:17 PM
"
101zombi101 wrote:
couple days ago i excjange Dongaldo gem builds to Xavathos gem build
tree same as dongaldo/Xavathos
i have 2 tempest binding mask with 40% ice crush and same tmpest binding 40% glacial hammer
booth helm cost 2 exl each
why tempest mask? free harbringer why freez enemys and give free ice bite to socet gems bomb totem and reconing + bengance

both helm have same colors and 6l body have colors same to ice crush and glacial hammer

after palying 7 days i can say pro and contra

pro ice crush fast map clear wade area for strice
contra slightly low speed then glacial not culing strice and slightly low freeze chance

pro glacial culing strice more freez chance
contra very low area of efect

ice crush and gklasial have same dps ( difirent 1-2%) but they have diferent mechanics

ice crush strice ground and dont need strice mobs its very good for harbringers breach or big mob pack

glacial hammer NEED strike mobs after this trigered splash damag and culing strice after this work herald of ice shatter ability all this make area near ice crush but all this must be triggeret

i have some dificults to use glacial on maps i dont strike mobs and huge pack oneshot me dont have this problem with ice crush

this way i use ice crush for maps and glscial on boss
for this i replace oly 1 atack skill and 1 helm
all others same i wonna take 92 lvl take 1 more frenzy charge and my build done going taste guardians and shaper

upd bosses t6-10 frezz all time but from t11 and higher need more damag for frizing but where is find more damag?
but chiliong work good ))

thnx Dongaldo and Xavathos for this build ))

my profile open go see my gear and tree if have some questions

You're welcome and I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

bro i check ur CHARACTER PROFILE (ZOMBIE101)

how much dmg its dealing ur WC TOTEM ???
specially whit that helmet
Last edited by MANCAZO on Oct 27, 2017, 5:58:50 PM
"
MANCAZO wrote:
bro i check ur CHARACTER PROFILE (ZOMBIE101)

how much dmg its dealing ur WC TOTEM ???
specially whit that helmet

its hard to say wot is damag
damag is scaling
truing to explain

in hideout no auras buffs or flask etec

damag in offences menu 8000-12500 dps 24000
no harbringer with helm 8500-1300 dps 25000
but harbringer aply on mobs chill and shock and helm give free ice bite +innervate for socet gems
but on maps with blood rage + full stack of frenzy charges and flask and elemental overload
damag diferent from 50 000 70 000 t0 140 000 - 150 000 max

but frost bite mace give +50% damag on chill enemy and ice bite + hypotermia give more damag for main atack
this is NOT shown on dps in hideout

all auras up golem helm harbringer blood rage and totem ( no falsk no frenzy charges no element overload no frost bomb frost bite mace 50% ho hypotermia and ice bite) dps 41 000

Last edited by 101zombi101 on Oct 28, 2017, 4:04:18 AM
"Soul of Yugul - reflect is a problem, this makes it not one"

Every 3-4 maps i found my self clicking "Resurrect to checkpoint" right after killing one rare monster. And the only thing that comes in to my head is : he had some reflect damage .... but wait, it shouldn't be a problem! So i wonder ... why am i still at 50ish % of leveling after 2 days of soing dozens of "easy" maps (tier 9-13) ?

PS: i consider those maps easy even if my damage in pob stil shows me only at about 50% of your damage against the shaper and i am just walking through those maps killing everyting in like no time (except for those rare monster).
"
UnLovedOne wrote:

Every 3-4 maps i found my self clicking "Resurrect to checkpoint" right after killing one rare monster. And the only thing that comes in to my head is : he had some reflect damage .... but wait, it shouldn't be a problem! So i wonder ... why am i still at 50ish % of leveling after 2 days of soing dozens of "easy" maps (tier 9-13) ?

PS: i consider those maps easy even if my damage in pob stil shows me only at about 50% of your damage against the shaper and i am just walking through those maps killing everyting in like no time (except for those rare monster).

Swap out your 50% Aura Reservation for Purity of Ice. Updating main guide.
"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
UnLovedOne wrote:

Swap out your 50% Aura Reservation for Purity of Ice. Updating main guide.

Yes, this was the first thing I changed as well. Purity of Ice is very good to run on this build. No need to go overboard getting it to 23 somehow though. 4% max is by far enough to survive even the nastiest of elemental reflect mobs. (those with large HP pools)

Just don't run elemental reflect maps, guys, just don't. If you do an unidentified map, unless you corrupted it yourself and know its mods, hit something with a regular attack before you kill yourself slamming on the first pack. Also be vigilant when doing dailies or Zana maps, getting -12% max res and ele reflect is a surefire way back to town.

Hello Exiler,

I'm new in PoE, this is my 2nd build ever in this game.

My Questions are:

Which stats on items should I used, when I play selfounded? (Excuse me, if it answered yet, but English isn't my native language and its possible, i didn't see it)

In this build is Immortal Call used, with the support gem "cast when taken damage support".
How I generate the endurance charges, which are needed for Immortal Call? Or isn't it nesseary, because of the support Gem.

Thank you
Sincerly
Johner41
"
johner41 wrote:
Hello Exiler,

I'm new in PoE, this is my 2nd build ever in this game.

My Questions are:

Which stats on items should I used, when I play selfounded? (Excuse me, if it answered yet, but English isn't my native language and its possible, i didn't see it)

In this build is Immortal Call used, with the support gem "cast when taken damage support".
How I generate the endurance charges, which are needed for Immortal Call? Or isn't it nesseary, because of the support Gem.

Thank you
Sincerly
Johner41

I didn't put immortal call into the setup. Didn't feel it was needed.

Stats on gear:
Offense=Attack Speed and Added Cold Damage to Attacks
Defense=Life and Res

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info