[3.0] Dual Scourge Necro Spectral Throw by Paige | Easy T16+ | Videos | Leveling Guide | 70c Budget

Okay, just updated the passive trees (mostly from 70p and onward). We pick up Point Blank & Iron Reflexes.

Updated the items section, my current gear section as well. I recommend using the Perfect Form & I go over why in that section.

Changed my recommended gem setups too. Removed Chance to Bleed and instead run Damage on Full Life. Got rid of Projectile Weakness + Blasphemy and run Herald of Ash instead. Added Arctic Armour in a free slot since The Perfect Form lets us use it for 0 mana reservation.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
vampiregrave wrote:
Considering we use The Scourge, you could add Bone Helmet as another alternative in the gear section.

Edit: Oh, and another question. What do you think about Point Blank?

True, but then you lose the enchant, and decel is super important for us. That's why I never added it.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Herculite wrote:
At what level should this build "come together"? I'm having issues.

I enjoy your builds, I did the freezing pulse marauder, which was a lot of fun and I have this weird thing for meta builds and this one really fit. Followed the leveling guide to the letter, and flew though 1-50, slowed through 65-70 relatively, but to be expected with almost no spell damage nodes.

So I got 70, I have a 5 link perfect form, and everything was set to go, but I'm finding my leach on bosses in no way keeps up, and the DPS too low. I don't expect face tanking hard bosses to start, but I've never had a character so weak on tier 1 blank maps at 70. I have extra leech gear as well, with a gem at .24 a ring at the same and gloves at .6 physical to health. My DPS is just pretty awful, at tops out at about 5-6k with spirit eater up.

Some of my support gems are under leveled (I went and bought some 19's but haven't been able to test yet), but *all* the arena style bosses will kill me. In open field fights I can move around enough to beat them.

I'm wondering if this is one of those builds that is sort of deceptively expensive (needing high quality gems) or I just need to grind out some levels and get more damage nodes.

Ok so doing some more work, I moved these gloves from another character...

Which helped a bit, and added cold support (instead of slower projectiles) and I was able to kill the beach boss on a unaltered map. Sure he's probably the easiest boss as they go but its something.

So I'm guessing, based on the build and the long long tree routes that really the damage needs to come from jewels too? I was focusing on +7% life ones I had spare, but at this point I'm not looking at one shot bosses, just horrible dps.

Sorry for the late reply, spent the last hour ish updating the guide after spending lots of time testing a few different options over the past few days. Right now I consider this the final version of the build.

2% Leech is the cap in this game. You can only leech 2% life & mana. So any more is a waste. We already leech from the Soul Raker passive, and dual Scourges puts us at like 5.2% leech, over double the maximum amount. So any more leech on gear or anywhere else is a wasted stat.

Moving on, I'd suggest reading over the gem, and passive tree section as I just updated it.

To give you a quick rundown on what I'd do with your personal tree, remove 4 points out of the Swagger node, and remove the 3 point jewel slot by Blood Drinker. Pick up Point Blank & Iron Reflexes. Eventually you should probably respec to reflect the updated tree.. I basically just went all the way down from Vaal Pact instead of going around by Acro, since I found Acro to be pretty worthless.

I was messing around with Blood Rage, but I found it to be too risky. I also found Damage on Full Life gem considerably better than Chance to Bleed, and probably better than Maim too. Take a look at the gem section and change out the few things I suggest. Basically use Chance to Bleed instead of Maim, and use Herald of Ash instead of Blasphemy + Projectile Weakness (curses are good for clearing maps, not so good for killing bosses, 60% less effect).

Now that I've gone over optimization within the guide.. the biggest problem I see is your gear.

You need to put a lot more focus on life on gear. 19 Life on a helmet is not nearly enough, 11 Life on your Ruby Ring is not enough, no life on your boots is not enough. Winds of Change gloves are okay, but there is a lot better options out there if you can afford them. Dream Fragments is not very good, and again, no life on it. Your amulet has no resistances and no life. Your flasks are okay, I'd try and get a cheap Wise Oak flask for like 5c, and roll removes frozen & chilled flask. Running your character in PoB shows you at around 3050 life, that's way too little, you can pretty easily get over 4000 replacing a couple pieces of gear.

Taking Point Blank and Iron Reflexes should allow you to breeze through bosses, but you really need to be using Slower Projectiles, it can get annoying vs certain bosses that are constantly moving, but it's seriously worth it, without it, you're right, you won't be leeching enough to sustain boss damage. If you're still having trouble, whirling blades + fortify. Keeping your Fortify buff up is crucial in certain situations.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Sep 18, 2017, 5:56:37 PM
Ok things are getting much better and I like the changes to the tree, I specced out of a few things to pick them both up. That plus this amulet has made my clear speed 100% better, literally I think.

While my gear is still very sub optimal, its good enough to level 70-80 with without over frustration.

"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
vampiregrave wrote:
Considering we use The Scourge, you could add Bone Helmet as another alternative in the gear section.

Edit: Oh, and another question. What do you think about Point Blank?

True, but then you lose the enchant, and decel is super important for us. That's why I never added it.

Yes, but considering that we need a decent amount of life and elemental resistances on our helmet, especially if we use The Perfect Form, it's not easy to find a good one with the 30% enchant (why people keep enchanting crap items with low life and no resistances is beyond me, but there are plenty of those listed in Poe.trade). It's an affordable alternative until you can get a good enchanted helm.

I have been tinkering with the passive tree and the final result is very similar to yours after the recent update. In terms of gems, I prefer to use golem with the CWDT setup. For charge generation I use Orb of Storms | Power Charge on Crit | Curse on Hit | Projectile Weakness.

In conclusion, I think this new version is very solid, and much better in terms of defense. Thanks again for such a great build.
We also pick up Spirit Eater which gives us some crazy increased damage and attack speed.

how does it gives us increased damage and attack speed if Desecrate isn't being used?
When would you say it is "best" to swap to Spectral throw while leveling?

At 70 when we can equip the Scourge Claws?

Edit: A better question would be; When do you feel it is smoothest to swap from Blade vortex to Spectral throw?
Last edited by Erayo on Sep 19, 2017, 12:16:00 PM
"
grandrulers wrote:
We also pick up Spirit Eater which gives us some crazy increased damage and attack speed.

how does it gives us increased damage and attack speed if Desecrate isn't being used?

When you kill monsters, they leave some corpses...

BTW, friend, you using melee physical damage gem. It's not working with spectral throw.
And Lion's roar ain't do nothing too...
Last edited by TorianTorsen on Sep 19, 2017, 6:52:45 PM
"
Erayo wrote:
When would you say it is "best" to swap to Spectral throw while leveling?

At 70 when we can equip the Scourge Claws?

Edit: A better question would be; When do you feel it is smoothest to swap from Blade vortex to Spectral throw?

I would say once you finish act 10. Around level 70 is a good estimate.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
grandrulers wrote:

It's all linked in my guide. We take https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mistress_of_Sacrifice and consume corpses from https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flesh_Offering.

Please read over my guide if you plan on following this build.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Sep 19, 2017, 7:33:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info