Nonsupporters of GGG and "3.0/Harbinger Sucks"

"
"
UglyStru wrote:
I've seen countless posts here from people bashing GGG so hard for a mediocre expansion, poor balance, bad artwork, don't know how to spend their money, etc. etc. etc.

But these same people are the ones who have never even bought a supporter pack. Why are you going to bash the developers of a game you've played 100% for free? You're practically just taking a product that a company had paid good money for, not financially supporting them at all, and then crying because you didn't like something they changed about the product.

GGG didn't even have to release a Harbinger league/supporter packs. They could've just released 3.0 alone and said "have fun while we work on the next league". You're getting a free damn expansion. Yet people are still complaining!

Spent more money than you probably. Harbinger league sucks fat dick. Harbinger supporter packs are shit. Will I keep playing? Absolutely. I don't get this whole fanboy idol worship shit culture (extends beyond this game, just look at Trump supporters as another variety of this mentality). People make mistakes, have bad ideas, etc. This includes GGG. Not everything they do is amazing, get it?

YEAH Get HIM SPANISH
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Expansion gave me the chills when playing the first time on a new character, I enjoyed it that much. I have 4k+ hours in the game, so that says something.

Also I play ARPG's to lay waste on packs of monsters, this is what Harbinger brings me, I love it. If you don't like it, don't play it. If I made a thread about everything I DON'T like in games, hell man it would be a full time job. It's easy to find stuff to bash on anywhere, seems most come together on forums and places like AIDSit.

Last edited by leto2626 on Aug 18, 2017, 7:47:58 PM
Harbinger might as well not exist. I got a few orbs. Made some items I sold for alts. Haven't found a need to use the mapping orbs. No uniques yet.

It's a wash for me.

Doesn't mean I think "it sucks". It's kind of refreshing to have a league like this after the loot fiestas we have had of late.
"
Harbinger League is aka Fall of Oriath.

New content, new acts, etc, Harbinger is just icing.

Congratulations GGG, greatest ARPG of all time.

No, it's not. Harbinger league is completely separate from Fall of Oriath. It's its own thing. You can't lump Harbinger into FoO's new features and say it's good.
Ever since the addition of trials/lab the game has been ever-shedding its unique identity and potential of becoming something truly memorable.

No turning back now, unfortunately.

But as a freebie, it's still not bad.
"
Ever since the addition of trials/lab the game has been ever-shedding its unique identity and potential of becoming something truly memorable.

No turning back now, unfortunately.

But as a freebie, it's still not bad.

You mean the trials that are probably more unique for an ARPG than the rest of the game?

How many hours of gameplay must a game offer you before you consider it full-price-worthy?
If I look at what I spent and how many hours I played, I think POE has a very good value per hour compared to all other games I ever played (and those were a lot in the last ~30 years).

Huge supporter of PoE for many years. Just can't get into this league - lab still sucks, time-forced bosses everywhere, far less loot (maybe RNG, but way off it seems to me this go).

Uninspired across the board.

Destiny 2 will hopefully fill the void the next few years.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Supporting a mediocre product only results in more mediocre supporter packs to come.
Leagues have always been hit or miss, GGG was just on a roll with Breach then legacy.

This league is horrendous though. It took me two days to get a single ancient orb which 99% of the time will roll something terrible. Why is something like this so rare? The other orbs are pretty shit as well. Harbinger orbs would've been amazing for the first few days if they weren't so god damn rare. At this point they're just useless since most red tier maps go for next to nothing now bar 15s.

I'd say they simply overstretched themselves with the expansion and just left the league on a burner. I am really hoping to see a rewarding and difficult league after this. Just reskin breach mechanics(Big rewards + Boss fights)It's literally the key to success.

I won't even get started on unique + class balance.
Last edited by _Trekka on Aug 18, 2017, 9:09:52 PM
I think its time.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info