Nonsupporters of GGG and "3.0/Harbinger Sucks"

I love 3.0. They did a very good job with the new content, I have 0 complaints about it at all.

I haven't played since launch, I started toward mid-end of breach league. I do have to say, compared to breach and legacy though....this league is kinda sad. You end up getting penny explosions when you kill them, they take time etc. Breach was so cool and fleshed out, tons of enemies dropping shards you combine to open up their domains. Legacy allowing me to combine past leagues and experience them, loved it.

But this one...penny explosions. I would of been happier with no pennyslposions and killing them had a small small chance to open a portal to beachhead or something similar. That would of been way cooler at least.

I do forgive them though. 3.0 really opened the game up and I feel will draw in many players who would have written the game off having to do 1-4x3. I have heard many big streamers trying this game for the first time / second time mention the exact thing. More players is good for everyone from grouping up to ease of trade / prices lowering etc.
Harbinger League is aka Fall of Oriath.

New content, new acts, etc, Harbinger is just icing.

Congratulations GGG, greatest ARPG of all time.

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
OK. I got a free beta invite with the money I've spent so far. As you can see from my badges, I've gotten lots of supporter packs.

BUT...

OMG HARBINGER SUCKS. The new packs suck. The old packs for Oriath suck. The new league is a joke. Get pieces of high valued currency? DAFUQ??? I'd rather they bring back fated uniques. Or boost them with a new random property. I mean it's all going to get dumped into Standard and nobody really cares about standard balance or items anyway. There is a bazillion things they could have done that would have been cool. But they decide to add even more currency and stash tab crap. KKKkkkkkkkkkkk.

And what 10 new acts? They're mostly the same acts again but the environment colors have changed. Kkkkkkk. And what's with the maps? Why are some actually like a paper map and others still just some map in a UI???

Balance... dude boss fights are so overtuned. ITS A BOSS NOT SOME END GAME CONTENT. ITS A T10 MAP BOSS. They tried to turn every boss fight into like Atziri or Shaper LMAO. WHUTTT???

So yeah, not all that impressive... from a guy that has spent more on POE than ANY OTHER GAME EVER. So yeah, Harbinger sucks.

Happy?
Deliver pain exquisite
Free content does not mean free from criticism. Sure, GGG "didn't HAVE to release said content", but then again, if they didn't then what would they be doing? POE is a F2P game, it's not free to try, or even a freemium game. So by association, yeah they DID have to deliver something if they want to keep the playerbase fresh. If they wanted to keep the game from getting stagnate. The free content you feel so inclined to inform everyone GGG "didn't HAVE to make" is what draws people in to spend money.

I haven't bought a supporter pack because, in my opinion, I don't feel they are worth the investment. I would rather buy items directly from the cashshop (which I have done). So thank you for trying to devalue my opinion of something simply because I'm not spending my money the way YOU feel I should be spending it. Because I don't have a fancy "supporter" tag next to my name, that somehow makes me less of a player than you.
Last edited by Axetwin on Aug 18, 2017, 4:02:40 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Because millennials. Or gamer mentality of entitlement. Or whatever you want to chalk it up to at any given moment in time. But yeah, OP, I agree.

Harbinger is lackluster, but it's just a league with challenges. I'm way more excited to be playing 3.0 right now... with challenges.

If your truly that old as you claim, then you would know that we received much more for free back in the 90´s than we do today.

I remember how I bought HL1 and had access to thousands of free mods, mods that turned the game into a world war shooter, into a middle age game, that added cars, new classes, maps, sounds, textures ...

We gamers don´t complain because of a Millennium issue, but because we actually remember how gaming once was, before it became a cash cow with DLC´s and locked content unless you pay again and again and again.

It´s silly to buy stash tabs, it´s silly to buy char slots, silly to not have a currency stash tab or divination card tab .... Back in the days, those things were either shipped with the game or free additions later. Today, everything is a DLC and this is not how we used to play video games and that is why we complain.
3.0 has been great, but the league not so much. I think the 3.0.1 update has definitely improved it though. The rewards still feel mediocre, but I've had a couple fun battles with the harbingers today. None were fun before 3.0.1, so I think GGG did a good job hotfixing a meh league.

Also I'm a past support but GGG can keep that neon zebra cape.
"
Axetwin wrote:

I haven't bought a supporter pack because, in my opinion, I don't feel they are worth the investment. I would rather buy items directly from the cashshop (which I have done). So thank you for trying to devalue my opinion of something simply because I'm not spending my money the way YOU feel I should be spending it. Because I don't have a fancy "supporter" tag next to my name, that somehow makes me less of a player than you.

Fancy. Kinda like walking down the street with an AK-47 strapped to your back while everyone is screaming and running from you. Just because you're flaunting a full automatic in openpublic don't mean you're up to no good!

It's all about perception. Go figure....
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Ygidua wrote:
If your truly that old as you claim, then you would know that we received much more for free back in the 90´s than we do today.

The model has changed, so that's not true. We bought a game for around $50, more or less, and it was a finished product. However, PoE is F2P, so you essentially don't have to pay a dime to play for all eternity. But most of us do spend money on it. And we spend far more than we did for games back in the 90s, but that's a choice the individual gamer made, not GGG.

"
Ygidua wrote:
I remember how I bought HL1 and had access to thousands of free mods, mods that turned the game into a world war shooter, into a middle age game, that added cars, new classes, maps, sounds, textures ...

Keyword: bought. PoE is F2P.

"
Ygidua wrote:
We gamers don´t complain because of a Millennium issue...

I complain about the millennials on the forums (or millennial mentality to be precise), not about the game itself.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Agreed. People act like everybody owns them something. It s ok to have an opinion, but the way people deliver their opinion is extremely toxic. That's just childish and immature in my opinion. And if someone argues with them or disagrees they will call them a retarded term "white knight" and won't even bring any arguments in. Kids this days
"
UglyStru wrote:
I've seen countless posts here from people bashing GGG so hard for a mediocre expansion, poor balance, bad artwork, don't know how to spend their money, etc. etc. etc.

But these same people are the ones who have never even bought a supporter pack. Why are you going to bash the developers of a game you've played 100% for free? You're practically just taking a product that a company had paid good money for, not financially supporting them at all, and then crying because you didn't like something they changed about the product.

GGG didn't even have to release a Harbinger league/supporter packs. They could've just released 3.0 alone and said "have fun while we work on the next league". You're getting a free damn expansion. Yet people are still complaining!

lol at this joker. Implying that not buying a supporter pack=you play 100% for free. Guess steam purchases for points do not count as support, it's just virtual currency magically appearing from unicorn land.

Also GGG did not had to release a harbinger league/supporter packs indeed, but they would still need to release a league to keep people focused and supporter packs are a must have to make more $. Free expansion? So far it has been 1 free act, a very unpolished pantheon system with an atrocious drop rate on vessels, 80% nerfs. For all I care, they can have their expansion back if they want to refund me all the $ I've spent on stashes and some other mtx.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info